What's your fave mini 9mm?

I have a shield 9mm but...

Shield but...I am not that impressed. My wife loves it. I want to try the Sig 938 and Springer XDS. I also owned a Kimber Solo in SS. I regret selling it. It was very accurate and I never had any issue. I sold it as I as I had a hard time justifying a $750 CCW and I was not sold on a SA CCW pistol. I am used to and carry DA/SA pistols. ex. SW3913, 4513SW which I do carry.

I'm with Mystro and a couple others. I love my Sig P938.

I bounce around with various ccw guns - xds.45, Sig p238/Ruger lcp .380, SW642 .38sp, and Glock 27 for different uses, but first choice for all-around carry is Sig P938!

For me, there isn't a better option. It's light, accurate, trustworthy, and simple to conceal. One of my loudest handguns though:)...

I carry with Crossbreed mini-tuck that I trimmed down to "micro-tuck" with one belt latch. I use micro tuck for p238 when needing to carry really small in shorts.

This sig 9mm is a bit costly, by comparison, but I've fired more than 1000 rds thru mine with no FTF or FTE's that I ever remember, during 1yr period. I've recommended to many people. Worth every penny to me.

Hogue rubber grips are a must w/it though, IMO!

Psychedelic Bang,
I've owned or still own the SIG P290RS, SIG P238 (slightly smaller .380 version of the 938), Kahr CM9 & CW9.

We sold the 238 *only* because it has a manual safety (and a fairly small one at that), something neither of us wants to worry about manipulating under stress.

The Kahrs are slightly smaller/lighter than the SIG's (making the CM/P series more suitable for pocket carry) and have a lighter trigger pull than the P290RS. However, they're striker-fired as opposed to the P290RS' true DAO and I needed a grip sleeve like the Hogue to make them comfortable to shoot (lighter weight = more perceived recoil). I much prefer SIG mags over Kahr mags (especially the P290RS' 8rd extended mag over the Kahr's extended mag) but YMMV. Price of the Kahrs w/night sights is about the same as the P290RS w/night sights.

The Kahrs have been as reliable as the SIGs but I was careful to do the suggested lube/prep before firing the first time (ie: clean (including the mags), lube, manually cycle the action 200 times then leave the action locked open for 24hrs).

Subjectively speaking, I prefer the 'quality' feel of the SIGs over the Kahrs and I shoot the P290RS better than the Kahrs even though the Kahrs fit my hand better (but I suggest you handle both if possible before making a decision).
HTH...
Tomac

I love my little Kahr CM9. Perfect (100%) reliability and a surprisingly soft shooter. For the $327 (on sale) I paid for it new, it's hard to beat!

We will all have different opinions, for all the mini 9s I have fired Kahr has been head and shoulders above the rest. As much as I wanted to like the Kimber Solo I got very tired of it dropping the mag in my hand after every round I fired. Kahr P9 has been my prefered carry for 8 years, Just my opinion.

Right now, I'm split between a Beretta Nano, and a Sig P290RS. Both very reliable.
I carry them about equally, both with Winchester 115 grain +P+ JHPs.

If I was going to have another pocket 9 I'd probably go back to my Kahr CM9. Mine ran great and shot very well. I wasn't crazy about the short grip or the trigger, but the grip is function over form and the trigger, well, I'd rather have a longer striker fired trigger than a safety to mess with.

My son has the Kel Tec and it is totally NOT accurate. He sent it in to the factory and still NOT accurate. He recently bought a Kahr CW9 and it hits the center every time. Stay away from Kel Tec if your target is further than 3 feet.

My little gun is the Springfield XD-9 subcompact. Not as small as some of the guns mentioned, but still pretty small and just right for my big hands....and it holds 12 rds of 9mm double stacked. The plus for me is not only is there a trigger safety, like the Glock and so many others, it also has a grip safety like a 1911. With a 3 inch barrel it has just enough sight radius for consistant center hits.

About the same size as my S&W J frame .38. But with 12 rounds, the XD-9 subcompact is what I prefer to carry.

I've had good luck with my Kahr CW9 so far. It's about as small a gun as I can handle and shoot without feeling significantly handicapped by small grips and controls.

Last time I had it at the range, it managed a 12 shot group (with my carry ammo) at 25 yards that was 4.75" in size and that had 10 of the 12 shots going into 3 inches. I wouldn't necessarily call that impressive accuracy in general; but out of a small carry gun, I thought it was more than satisfactory.

My son has the Kel Tec and it is totally NOT accurate. He sent it in to the factory and still NOT accurate. He recently bought a Kahr CW9 and it hits the center every time. Stay away from Kel Tec if your target is further than 3 feet.

My little gun is the Springfield XD-9 subcompact. Not as small as some of the guns mentioned, but still pretty small and just right for my big hands....and it holds 12 rds of 9mm double stacked. The plus for me is not only is there a trigger safety, like the Glock and so many others, it also has a grip safety like a 1911. With a 3 inch barrel it has just enough sight radius for consistant center hits.

About the same size as my S&W J frame .38. But with 12 rounds, the XD-9 subcompact is what I prefer to carry.

I have owned several Kel tecs over the years and have not had any accuracy issues. The triggers are not great by any means though. They are long and heavy (ESP the p11). Could it have been the he has having trouble with the trigger?

Don't if can truly be classified as a "mini" but mine is a Kahr P9.
Sure wish CZ would make a single stack PCR or P01 because I really like my PCR.

I personally would not use a 9MM revolver for my "primary" CCW (simply because the moon-clips are a bit 'iffy' when stored in a pocket) but could easily see doing so as a BUG. I have shot both the Charter and Taurus 9MM snub revolvers and they are sweet little shooters (arguably better bang than a 38sp).

I owned a Kel-Tec PF9, it was too small(and not very reliable). Accuracy was an issue. The sights were too small.

The smallest pistol I own right now is a Ruger SR9c for daily carry.

The smallest I would ever consider for self-defense would be an M&P 9mm shield. I would never go smaller than 9mm as far as caliber. Pocket pistols smaller than that just aren't accurate enough and no fun to practice with so I wouldn't become proficient enough. My hands are simply too big.

Back