What's your fave mini 9mm?

Joe L said:
You want a 9mm...go ahead...get one...but you'd be better off throwing it at your assailant than shooting him with it.

Ahh, this is great, now I know what to do if a would be mugger tries to attack me, I'll throw my 9 mil loaded with HSTs at him, since they would only be like bee stings. :o

Springfield EMP ...... not exactly "mini" ..... but small and light enough for EDC.

Have given thought to the SIG 938, but the 8 pound trigger puts me off.

Let's get back on topic. There will be a caliber war thread along in awhile to satisfy the need to argue about terminal ballistics. This thread is about people's favorite miniature 9mm pistols.

I've had a SIG P290RS for about a year now and I absolutely hate the gun. I bought it for CC due to it's small size and ease of conceal ability. From day one it's been nothing but lite strikes, failure to eject, failure to load, and the magazines dropping loose. Many google searches revealed that a lot of other folks have the same complaints and the 290 generally isn't considered reliable. Sig service claims there is nothing wrong with my gun so no help from the factory. Before any of you Sig lovers pile on I would like to point out that I am an experienced shooter with many handguns that haven't exhibited these problems. I own two Glocks that function flawlessly and in fact these Glocks routinely fire the "lite strikes" from the Sig. So the 290 gets a thumbs down from me. :mad:

I've had a SIG P290RS for about a year now and I absolutely hate the gun. I bought it for CC due to it's small size and ease of conceal ability. From day one it's been nothing but lite strikes, failure to eject, failure to load, and the magazines dropping loose. Many google searches revealed that a lot of other folks have the same complaints and the 290 generally isn't considered reliable. Sig service claims there is nothing wrong with my gun so no help from the factory. Before any of you Sig lovers pile on I would like to point out that I am an experienced shooter with many handguns that haven't exhibited these problems. I own two Glocks that function flawlessly and in fact these Glocks routinely fire the "lite strikes" from the Sig. So the 290 gets a thumbs down from me. :mad:

That's a shame because our P290RS has been great. Not a single hiccup in 600+rds. Sorry to hear.

I have personal experience with two SIG P290RS. I had numerous light strikes w/PMC Bronze 115gr FMJ and a few with GECO 115gr FMJ but everything else was 100%. Both pistols demonstrated near-identical track records of light strikes w/both PMC & GECO (even my SIG P250 had a light strike w/PMC).
Tomac

For me, it's an easy choice: Keltec PF9. Because it's my only mini 9mm. I'm sure I'd like some of the other offerings, but the PF9 serves well as a carry weapon and it's not a piece I'd worry about being confiscated by police if I ever had to use it in a defense situation.

Back