What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

Boarhunter
No, not like the NAA.
Like a 2/3 size S&W 642, or like the old top breaks-but made of stainless & alloy, with strength and tolerances available today.

Whoa, Werewolf, be careful what you wish for.... The three Kel-Tecs I have (a .32, a .380, and the newest 9mm--the PF-9) all work just fine and at a price anyone can afford. If they start using "superb parts" and change quality control, we might end up with a much more expensive and much less reliable product!

Boarhunter

I want to play too...

Revolvers
50 caliber variant of any revolver. And cheap.

Semi-auto
M1911 in 50 caliber

Don't we love .50 caliber bullets! My wrists don't, apperently :D

Boarhunter
I've been trying! Seems everyone thinks they want BIGGER! At least until they mature a little bit. The gun companies seem to be following this trend but they just about have maxed the sizes. Eventually a gun like this WILL be produced. The first major manufacturer to do it, and do it right will sell a lot of little guns. It could be offered in .22lr, too.

The three Kel-Tecs I have (a .32, a .380, and the newest 9mm--the PF-9) all work just fine and at a price anyone can afford. If they start using "superb parts" and change quality control, we might end up with a much more expensive and much less reliable product!

Experiences vary. I've owned the first two. I wouldn't trust either in an emergency.

a gun fitted with a caliber that actually stops someone 100% of the time the 1st shot with zero to no recoil Lol

or to anwser this question of the post i'd have to say a slimline sub compact 9mm GLOCK.. they would put Khar out of business.

A 45acp high cap that you can carry in your summer shorts front pockets with no visible bulges.:eek:........beat that one:D

Another one

I'd like a cheap, reliable, polymer .45 ACP backup gun that uses full-size 1911 mags--like maybe a six shot for flush fit, but can handle 7, 8, and 10 rounders with aplomb.

IOW, something more reliable, lighter, and cheaper than the micro 1911s on the market but able to fill the same role as a 1911 backup.

Maybe Kel-tec or Kahr has the technology....

Colt Detective Special or Cobra - chambered for .32 Magnum with a 2.5" barrel. You might be able to squeeze 7-shots into the cylinder. Sweet.

I'd second this choice. While we're at it, resurrection of the S&W K Frame (65/66) but with a 7 shot .32 Magnum - esp nice in a 3".

Spectrebolfeld-
Care to elaborate?

On the pistol?

There wasn't much to it - it was a small, top-break steel-frame revolver in .32 acp, pretty much what you described.

When you opened the 'action' by 'breaking the top,' the ejector would automatically extrude and expend spent shells.

Of course, they're not made anymore.

I'm just suggesting you might find one on the curio & relics market. I think I paid seventy-five for the one I had. I ended up having it cleaned and mounted in a small display box as a gift for a friend's college graduation.

What about this? Anyone else interested?

A mid-weight, cocked-and-locked carry, combat semi-auto that would hold an entire box of .22 rimfire ammo, and be 100% reliable.... You could spray ammo accurately without the first bobble from recoil.

Boarhunter

Spectreblofeld
I thought you were referring to the "I" frame S&W.
I am very aware that .32 ACP revolvers were made in the pre-1930 era, but none are made today. I was suggesting a new model made with modern materials, to modern tolerances would sell well.

Back