What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

MrAnteater

Single stack Glock G26 and G27. Glock carbine rifle.

Yes thats what i said a couple posts up... A Slimline Subcompact 9mm Glock

Lol i think they should since they already did in the 45 acp in there model 36.

Already stated, just backing it more

J-Frame made by S&W 44 Special(Centennial & Bodyguard style)
Stainless Steel auto w/ 5 inch in 357Sig(closest I can get is my Sig P229 Sport)

I'd love to see;

H&K USP Tactical chambered in 10mm & 7.62x25(15+ capacity) 2 seperate guns(would be nice to make it all-in-one w/ barrel swop)

Sig P220 double stack/high-cap 45acp, 38 Super as well as 10mm - I'd perfer mine in All Steel(Heavy Duty Enviroment Resistant Finish as well a Stainless Steel)

More semi-autos with multi-caliber options all-in-one like the H&K 4 & H&K P7K3

NCHornet

The Sig P232 gun chambered for the 9mm round. Now that would be a gun I would buy in a heart beat!!

You're a man after my own heart! I wouldn't mind if my 232 SL could be 9mm. That pistol is just too sleek and easy for carryin'.

Kevin in Pa

I LOOOOOVE the way my Star BM shoots. I wish someone would go back into production of the darn things. With modern sights and maybe a lightweight frame it would be a killer CCW gun. As it is I own several, as parts guns for my primary Star BM. Even with its all steel weight it is so slim and balances so well it is a super carry gun.

I thought about starting a new thread but remembered this old one. I like my idea so much I just had to share it and raise this thread from the dead.

I always ragged on the broomhandled mausers as ugly but I think I would like to see a reproduction in .22lr by say GSG. I would definately buy one.

Ok, I am willing to play this game again after all these years have past, I would like to see Boberg bring out a double-stack 9mm version of their current XR9-S pistol. Their current production pocket pistol is sweet...accurate, reliable, low in recoil, perfectly concealable...but the 7+1 capacity leaves something to be desired. I have solved the problem by carrying TWO Bobergs, but it would sure be nice if the company would offer a double-stack.

Boarhunter

P5, wasn't that an aluminum frame gun right from the start? Was there an all-steel version?

That gun fits my hand so very nicely, just like the earlier P-38. I think I know where S&W got some of the design details.....

Bart Noir

Bart...

The original Model 39's were steel frames, designed for an upcoming US Army trial to replace the 1911. That was in the early 1950's. Calmer heads prevailed, citing the huge numbers of 1911's already in service and that they were completely adequate for the role of a handgun in military service. S&W then tinkered with the design for the civilian market and brought out an aluminium alloy framed gun around 1954.

These early alloy-framed "Pre-Model 39" guns had a shorter slide mounted safety/decocker, shorter tang, a unique frame back strap, unique left grip, no trigger play spring and on the right, a long, wide extractor that was prone to breakage in heavy use. These guns were not yet marked "Model 39".

Steel framed guns were actually produced first, but the frames were never assembled for civilian production until 1966.

The Model 39-2 was brought out about 1971, shortly after introduction of the "A" prefix letter in the serial number. The 39-2 featured a redesigned shorter, narrower (pivoting) extractor, a new guide rod hole in the barrel bushing and a redesigned feed ramp. The improvements made the 39-2 rock solid in reliability.

I own five variants, including a 3914NL compact. These are fabulous guns that are very under rated. The grip-to-hand fit is exceptionally nice and many women find them very comfortable to shoot.

Model 39-2 pistols made from 1972 to 1982.

Circa 1967, S&W developed a 14-round alloy-framed version for the US Navy that featured larger sights, protective wings on the rear sights, a threaded barrel to accept a suppressor and a slide-lock to allow the gun to be fired in single-shot mode with the slide locked to reduce noise. The approximately 200 guns made were called the Mark 22, Model 0 by the Navy but known by their intended use as a "Hush Puppy" as they were used to silence guard dogs in Vietnam. This model was use to develop the civilian Model 59 double stack pistol.

Hush Puppy Pistol - Mark 22 Model 0

What about some big-bore carry revolvers?

Something like this in .44 Special, .45 ACP or .45 Colt?

Or a stainless steel Model 28 Highway Patrolman (628?)

Last edited:
I like this thread. What I would like to see most would be a Kahr in .45acp for the K and T series, in steel.

The ability to order any existing polymer framed pistol in a steel or alloy frame. I wouldn't mind an all steel Glock :D

Speaking of which, I'd like to see the Glock 25 available in the US. I know they are available for sale every tenth blue moon here, so I'd pick one up whatever the price. I enjoy hi cap .380s

This may be moving more into the realm of delusional, but a revolver with cylenders that can be removed with no tools (a la Nagant 1895), with available cylenders for 22LR, 357, and 9mm.

BillCA beat me to an answer Bart.
S&W also had a few all steel 39 sized pistols in the second and third generations IIRC. The production numbers are pretty low for these and rarely come on the market. :mad:

I think S&W made a mistake by not making more. Kind of like the 696, not a big seller when first introduced but look at the prices now?:eek:

To add another dream gun S&W 591? Carbon steel 5 shot 44spl fixed sight revolver?

I'd like to see the Colt Diamondback in 22lr with a 22 magnum cylinder, in stainless steel. Also a factory produced Glock 19 in 22lr.

Didn't go through every post on a 6 year old thread so excuse me if It has already been mentioned.
Ruger GP100 4" 22 LR with a 10 round cylinder!
S&W can do It with the 617 K frame, so why not?:D

How about a scaled down reproduction of the Smith and Wesson Model 1 1/2 in .22lr for western shooters who want a pocket gun other than a derringer? Seems like this would be a no brainer for North American Arms. I got a nice email response from their president, thanking me for my suggestion and promising to refer the idea to their research dept., but nothing else yet.

I'd also like to see a compact 9mm revolver that takes advantage of the shorter case length of the 9mm to make the cylinder shorter and reduce the overall size to something closer to those old pocket guns that were chambered in .38 s&w. Oh, and give it a reliable extractor system so I don't need moon clips. I think this would make a great backup for my 9mm ccw gun.

How about a scaled down reproduction of the Smith and Wesson Model 1 1/2 in .22lr for western shooters who want a pocket gun other than a derringer? Seems like this would be a no brainer for North American Arms. I got a nice email response from their president, thanking me for my suggestion and promising to refer the idea to their research dept., but nothing else yet.

I'd also like to see a compact 9mm revolver that takes advantage of the shorter case length of the 9mm to make the cylinder shorter and reduce the overall size to something closer to those old pocket guns that were chambered in .38 s&w. Oh, and give it a reliable extractor system so I don't need moon clips. I think this would make a great backup for my 9mm ccw gun.

Hey

A 32 mag break action like the NAA 22 mag

DSC00002.JPG

P5Guy,

The S&W 591x series are 9mm autos, like the 5916. The all steel 539 is a ghost on the used gun market. The 5906 is pretty close but it's a double-stack and a bigger service gun.

A 5-shot .40-.45 caliber is marginally okay on the L-Frame, but only for low pressure loads. A Missouri S&W gunsmith tells me that the L-Frame has just enough room for a .44 special/.45 ACP cartridge without sacrificing too much metal. The .41/.44 Magnums are a no go for safety reasons.

With that said, I think they might squeeze 8 shots into an L-Frame chambered for the .327 Federal Magnum. Now that would have some good gee-whiz behind it with a 3-6" barrel.

JimmyR said:
This may be moving more into the realm of delusional, but a revolver with cylinders that can be removed with no tools (a la Nagant 1895), with available cylinders for 22LR, 357, and 9mm.
You'd need at least two barrels for what you suggest, preferably three. The 9mm & .357 barrels are close enough that if you're willing to sacrifice a little 9mm accuracy it'd work. The closest I can recall is the old Dan Wesson Pistol Pac® that allowed you to swap barrels (2.5", 4, 6 and 8"). But that required a barrel-nut wrench and a feeler gauge.

113164_01_dan_wesson_pistol_pack_640.jpg

Dan Wesson Pistol Pac Example

Back