What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

For the single action revolver affectionados, how 'bout a Smith & Wesson No3 Schofield top-break revolver chambered in .22LR? Maybe even with a 10-round cylinder? And maybe even make it a convertible by including a .22mag cylinder?

Seems reproductions are made in .45 Long Colt, .44 Russian (in the Russian Model), .44-40, and even .38spl, but not .22.

For fun SA .22LR plinking, one can shoot a Ruger Single Six, but with the auto ejector, reloading ought to be considerably easier and faster with a Schofield. Heck, I bet re-loading would be easier than re-loading a modern DA .22LR revolver. And did I mention 10-rounds on tap?

personaly, i want the No3 Scholefield revolver, in a decent caliber, but i want it with a transfere bar safety, or some form of a internal safety that would allow me to carry it fully loaded. I dont know what the scholefeilds from smithand wesson now adays have, but if they ever make it with a passive internal safety, that makes it safe to carry with 6 rounds, ill make that my new carry revo. It has to be in either .45colt .44 spc and .38spcl.

Something on a Securtiy Six frame..

with a cylinder of appropriate length for the .45ACP / Auto Rim.
With the barrel extending thru the taking up the difference.
Thus giving a 4" performance in a three" set-up?

I'd like to see S&W come out with a .40 caliber snubnose instead of a .38/357. They already have all the R&D and the successful data made into the .40 S&W auto cartridge. Why then can't they come up with a .40 caliber S&W rimmed. Then there is no messing around with moon clips and such. A .40 caliber rimmed cartridge in a short barreled revolver would make a very effective self defense package. Anyone who sez we don't need more new ammo rounds have forgotten about the successful recent developments of the .475 and .480 Linebaugh, the .460 Alaskan, and the .500 S&W. Is a .40 rimmed cartridge too much to much to ask ??? Are you listening to us, the consumer, Smith and Wesson ??? Hello ???? ............
Ohio Rusty

I'd love to see more double stack longslide semi-autos in 10mm. Of course the way things are going, I'm greatful for any 10mm presence in the marketplace as all.:(

S&W M&P 9mm, Heinie Slant Pros with the rear notch slightly opened, Surefire X200B, crisp trigger job and threaded for a suppressor.

:)

RAH fans:

I'm not into the smaller, faster crowd, but I'd still like to see a pistol and rifle-cane in 5mm Miyako.:) That said, I wouldn't want to see that name wasted on a conventional brass cartridge; it should be something hi-tech like an integrated propellant caseless round or something. (I'll start working on it when I retire.):D

Manedwolf: A doublestack in 7.62x25.

I was gonna say the same thing!

+1

I'd like something with the retro 50's modern looks, roller-lock operation, and cocked-and-locked firing mechanism of the CZ 52 combined with the 1911-style mag release and stouter barrel of the TT-33. While we're at it, let's make +P ammo for it: Cor-bon could load the civvie stuff and the Finns could make a tungsten penetrator.:D

I'd realy like to see Glock produce a single stack .40 or .45, like the G36 Slimline. 4-4.5 inch barrel and full length grip. That would be sweeeeeet!:D

A very small, double action, stainless steel/alloy .32 ACP revolver. Top break or conventional revolver 2/3 the size of a "J" frame snubby.

A very small, double action, stainless steel/alloy .32 ACP revolver. Top break or conventional revolver 2/3 the size of a "J" frame snubby.

I used to have one... it was made by Harrington and Richardson and it was made in the 1890's.

Can I play too?

Revolvers
A stainless steel S&W Model 28 Highway patrolman.
I'd accept a six-shooter, though others might want the option of an 8-shot Titanium cylinder. A 3.5" and 5" barrel might intrigue a lot of shooters too.

Retro-Update: Create the Model 658 - a Stainless steel Model 58 .41 Magnum M&P. The only change I'd make is a red-ramp front sight insert. :D

Colt Detective Special or Cobra - chambered for .32 Magnum with a 2.5" barrel. You might be able to squeeze 7-shots into the cylinder. Sweet.

S&W M&P-style K-frame with a 3" barrel chambered for .32 Magnum with a 3" barrel - 7 or 8 shots.

A compact L-Frame revolver with a shorter cylinder & cylinder opening for fixed-sight 5-shooter snubbies in .40 S&W and .45ACP. We might add .38 Super too.

Hold on to your hats, this one is a wild idea - a retro top-break polymer framed revolver with a grip-safety chambered for .32 S&W and/or .38 S&W cartridges. :eek: A cast-frame would be acceptable with today's modern alloys (to allow use in CAS events).

Pistols:
A compact, double-stack pistol chambered for the .38 Super cartridge!

Bring back a simple .380 ACP pistol like the Colt .380 Government or Mustang/Mustang Plus II. Small, slim, light.

An updated and modernized version of the 1896 Broomhandle Mauser (easier to make) with a magazine, chambered in 7.62x25, 9mm and .40 S&W.

If I can dream - a .45ACP Luger! :D

More Commander-sized 9mm and .40 S&W 1911's.

Bill DeShivs,

Wasn't Smith & Wesson's old, discontinued "I" frame revolver close to what you are looking for, though obviously never in 32 acp.

Boarhunter

Boarhunter
It is closER, but was chambered for .32 S&W long. The cylinder is too long.
I mean a gun actually scaled (in all dimensions) to .32 ACP.

Back