What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

Some of you have mentioned designs in 7.62 Tokarov. The Russians have been making new pistols and submachine guns for it. Go to a Russian gun website like guns.ru and see what they have.

Ruger New Vaquero in .44 Special

Ruger New Vaquero (and Blackhawk--50th Anniversary .357 size frame) in .44 Special - no brainer for this "new" frame. Ditto, resurrection of Colt SAA in same caliber - oddly, only one of the "old" cailbers not produced again in SAA. A relatively limited number of nostalgia/cowboy action shooter types aside, some SAAs that are being made in the "4th Gen" (late 3rd) are more "obscure/obsolete" (.38-40 and .32-20) than this .44 Special - which is a "more modern" creation - from a prospective sales viewpoint...you'd think it'd at least make equal sense to Colt for production. During the 3rd Gen (pre-removeable bushing or c. 1977-2003/4) period, the .44 Special was made...limited production/sales, but there's since been a resurgence of interest in the round. C'mon Colt...and Ruger!

Some of you have mentioned designs in 7.62 Tokarov. The Russians have been making new pistols and submachine guns for it. Go to a Russian gun website like guns.ru and see what they have.

Not like we'll ever see them, Klinton saw to that. IZMASH has lots of interesting pistols, including the incredibly cyberpunk-looking Rex revolver, but the Klinton bans won't allow any Russian handguns to be imported.

not a doubblestack 7.62x25 but based off the casing with a smaller diameter round is the...
protect.pl

with 26 +1 it should fit the bill,will also defeat most soft body armor.

re-produced

I would like to see a new season for several discontinued 38', expecially snubbies and expecially some less known European model, and certainly the entire Colt D frame series. I would also like the short tube Colt Lawman.
Finally, I would like to see more stainless steel rimfire revolvers at bergain prices, possibly with some appealing exotic stocks to attract beginners with a weapon they can really master basics with.

Something else just occurred to me:

The Glock 26/27 in a single-stack version, made as slim as possible. Of course, in order to preserve the very short grip (the single most attractive aspect of those guns, in my opinion), the capacity would suffer big-time - the guns would probably have to be a 5+1 in .40 and a 6+1 in 9mm, unless they extended the mags just a tad, like the 10-rounders for the Glock 30.

Now that would be a concealable and desirable gun for me, provided Glock were able to make them as reliable as the double-stacks.

a broomhandle type pistol in calibers like .357 mag and .44 mag. not a exact copy of a broomhandle but something with the mag in front of the trigger. while your at it might as well throw in .45acp, 10mm, .50ae, .50gi, and maybe eventually up into big stuff like .460 and .500.

what would be really neat would be to also make a carbine variant with the same mags.

Sig P239 sized gun in 45 with an all steel frame, I'd settle for a GAP gun if it was the same size. I think that this would be possible with the GAP.

I'd settle for a stainless framed 220 compact but would really prefer the 230 sized gun.

Would the new 4 inch redhawk in 45 colt be too much to ask for?

How about a factory DA gun in 500 JRH now that everyone wants a 50 cal handgun? Ruger where are you? 5 shot is fine with us, just stuff it in the redhawk frame.

If the folks making stainless frames for glocks made one for the 10mm or a 36 I'd probibly have to have one of those as well though that seems unlikley.

How about a stainless sig P220 in 10mm? Yeah I know there are those aftermarket guys over at sig forum but they seem lukewarm on the hting digesting a steday diet of hot loads so it's jsut a curiosity to me unless that changes.

A true .40 cal revolver on a GP100 or SW L frame. The cartrige would be a .40rimmed case the length of a .38 case, you could use .40sw and maybe 10mm on clips. With the extra powder capacity you could easily duplicate or exceed 10mm balistics with lower pressure. It would weigh a few oz less than a GP 100 or 686 since it would have larger holes. Bullets from 135-200 grns would be available and it would be more versitile than a .357 mag. SW really missed the mark with their 610. That thing weighs a ton! 10 oz more the same gun in .44 mag. Its big and heavy so why bother when the .44 is available. Also you can never load a 10mm to match a .41 mag, not enough case. Best 10mm 200 grn loads are at 1200 FPS by cronograph. .41 mags are 210 grns at 1350 fps.
BTW SW made a very limited run or revolvers in .40 SW but it was ugly as sin. 686 frame with gray titanium cylinder that didn't match. Weight was off because it had a heavy barrel but cylinder was light as alluminum. It was very limited production maybe 300-500 units. I think the rear sight was fixed too or it had a 3 1/2" barrel. I can't remeber but it was very goofy.

I have second one also. This would be a truely self defense pistol for non gun ethuist and ladies. Every one recommends a small .38 but it is one of the hardest guns to hit with, it hurts in little snubbies and only has 5 shots. Why do we recomend those things all the time? I would like to see a high cap .380 (NOT 9MM) auto with nothing on it except a trigger and heel type mag release. I've seen newbies drop the mag when you handed them an unloaded auto. The slide release confuses them when they haven't pick the gun up in 2 months. This one needs to be DOA with a fairly long heavy pull. Sorry KAR, Glocks, XD and Sigmas are too short and light for untrained people who can't seem to remember to keep the finger off the trigger when they are holding a gun. This gun need to be light either Alloy or plastic. Most ladies don't like a heavy gun. Even 30 oz seems like heft to anyone who has never picked up a real gun.It doesn't even need sights, just a white line down the top of the slide, point and shoot. New shooters can't seem to understand the sight alighment principle they sure won't use it when its 3am and some one is in their house. The only thing I might add or make availble is a light/ laser attachment. Most people can use that almost imediatly and seem to be able to remeber it a month later. Oh it should have a barrel of 4" and medium/small frame. This will allow enough velocity to get HP to expand, larger slide and frame makes it easy to rack , handle and recoil very low more like a .22 auto than a .38 snub kicking. BTW I think the gun companies can make and sell this for $200-250. Polly frame with fixed barrel blow back operated, very cheap and low tech. Only the DAO and striker/hammer arangement need any thought or design.
For those of you who say that why you train, this gun ain't for you. Its for the other 125 millon americans that simply buy a gun, shoot it once then never think about it again until its too late. Statistics, US is 255 million americans and 200 million guns. About 1 in every 2 households have a gun of some sort. How many people do you see at the shooting range? Now how many do you see at the mall?

What I would like to see: More competition for Kel-tec. A $300 pistol of roughly the same size, but built with some quality control. Even Taurus would be welcome to try. Wish someone would.

Taurus 1911, M&P, Sig P220 or Beretta 92 in 10mm :)

5in version of Raging Bull .44mag preferably ultra light

wouldn't mind more guns options in 7.26x25

Built in laser or LED in guide rod area..can't really see anything else..I like having gun selection and I'm not too picky.

Back