What kind of hand gun would you like to see produced?

Taurus PT1911 in 10mm
Scaled up Desert Eagle in .50 Beowulf
Raging Bull in .50 Alaskan & .223 (though the latter is supposed to be released at some point)
Scaled up Taurus PT92 or Beretta 92FS in .45 ACP :D

Colt Thunderer (Repro in modern metals)

I would like to see Uberti sometime bring back the actual design of the Colt Model 1877, chambered in .32, .38spl (.38colt), .41 long colt. Using the true double action mode. though the design would have to outpast the first, due to its very fragile/gentle mechanism.. It should be identical, and could be had with nickel or blue/casehardened finish. Hopefully one day the Cowboy Action Shooting will go with the West and how it truly was, with every Western Firearm from that Era in time.

This would allow far many more firearms to be reproduced,
like..

the Colt Model 1878, Merwin & Hubert Single Action revolver and there Double Action, Smith & Wesson's Frontier Double ACtion in .44 calibre... etc.

Marlin Model 1895 .45-90

Marlin Model 1895 chambered in the .45-90 winchester cartridge.
Allowing it to be had with a full 26" octagon barrel or half/half, or fully round. Carbine model as well.
Option of a double set trigger at a premium price of course.

pistol grip stock, checkered, along with checkered walnut forearm.

buck horn sights, and lyman tang.

I doubt anyone is going to bring out any new revolvers that are completely true to the 19th century spec, without a transfer bar, due to liability issues.

Manedwolf: A doublestack in 7.62x25.

I was gonna say the same thing!

I'd also like to see a new cartridge that is simply a .357 magnum without the rim, so it could be adopted by semi's more easily.

Can you imagine a .357 magnum with an 18-round capacity? Without the rim they're no wider than 9mm.

Mine is more of a new cartridge with guns to chamber it. The 41 special. Think about it; both the 357mag and 44mag have their shorter, lower pressure, "special" counterparts. I think this was a major factor in the 41mag never getting that popular. There has been some independent 41spec developement (google "41 special"), but mainly as a lighter alternative for shooting in 41 mag revolvers. I've pictured a snub nose chambered for it. The Ruger SP-101, I find to be a bit uncomfortable to shoot in 357mag and it's way heavy as a 38spec. It has plenty of material between chambers to bore it out to 41 special (larger but much lower pressure than 357mag). It would carry nicely and shoot like a slightly larger 38 spec.:cool:

My other wish is not "new". But would Colt start making revolvers again??? Detective Special/Cobra, Python, New Service (with a Fitz special variation), etc.

Manedwolf,

I like your 7.62x25 double-stack suggestion, but would prefer a "cocked and locked" action along the lines of the 1911 or even the CZ/AR-24. And an alloy frame would be nice to make it easier to carry.

Boarhunter

Hmmm, some S&W revolvers - for belt CCW carry, a 2.5-inch model 65, also the current 2.5-inch 686P with a titanium cylinder; for woods carry, a full-lug N-frame 10mm with a 4-inch barrel, possibly ported, or the current 625JM in .45LC.

I would love for someone to make a large caliber broom handle style pistol. With the magazine located in front of the trigger guard, you could have a double stack .45 magazine and still have a comfortable size grip. A high capacity broomhandle in .50 GI would be something!

All that aside, what I would really love is for Smith & Wesson to bring back the light barrelled Model 10, preferably with a five inch barrel. I was hoping maybe they might since they have been producing some more taditional looking guns, locks aside, like the Model 21's & 22's. You can still get the heavy barrelled gun, but a pencil barrelled five inch is near perfection!

I'm glad you asked me that!

I would really like to see Ruger produce a GP100 style DA revolver in .44 Magnum in 3" to 8" full lug barrel configurations. Yup. I love the .357 Magnum cartridge but that'd be a fine thing for me. Maybe with unfluted cylinders as an option.

The Chinese did make a double stack Tokarev clone in 7.62 Tok. It is a really neat cartridge.

I'd also like to see a high capacity rimfire pistol along the lines of the TEC-22.

A COMPACT GLOCK IN 10mm or 45AUTO! i mean come on, im not talking the slimline. just like they have the 40,9mm in a compact version. i dont get it they have sub compact just the the 4"....... sigh

A Modern P-38

Basically, a P-38, but, y'know, hi-cap mag, thumb-operated mag release, durable finish, ambi safety, etc.

Back