What's On Your Night Stand?

All of the usual stuff like Bible, lamp, cheaters, clock radio/phone combo, two cells charging and the blasted Bluetooth... then what ever was under my arm all day that day.
Usually my spurless .327 SP101, but it does change up for short stints occasionally.

I have trouble getting to sleep, but when I do, I sleep very soundly. That's why I don't like to keep a gun in plain sight.

Glock 20 with 135gn Nosler HP's (no worries about over penetration) and a spare mag. Next to it is whatever I'm carrying that day, usually something in 9mm.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

The handgun is blued S&W M29 Mtn gun with custom 180 jhps @ 1250 fps.
Went for the long da trigger pull on purpose.

I may learn alot on this forum, but the benefits of keeping it under my pillow is not one of them.

I don't see me be awaken at gun point, with my hands under the pillow. I do not see this as times are changing. Having my hands on a load gun in my sleep is not my preference.

I keep nothing dangerous on a nightstand. My Dept. investigated some crimes in which cat burglars quietly made entry, and were in the victim's bedroom as the victims quietly slept. I hope this gives some with all manner of impressive armament on nightstands,etc, pause for thought. It does me......ymmv

I keep my Glock 42 on the nightstand in a holster, barrel pointed away from me. Plus a flashlight and phone.

The first night it was there, I did my usual 3:00 AM semi wake-up, saw two beady little eyes looking at me, and came wide awake trying to figure out what kind of critter had invaded my bedroom.

The Glock is the first bedside gun I've owned that had night sights.

Were you going to open fire in the bedroom, at a critter?

I got itisis in the elbows, need to keep my elbows straight when I sleep. So under my pillow is not good. My down by the boys.

Charter Arms 44 Bulldog loaded with Winchester Silvertips. When it's empty, two S&W's, a 2 1/2 inch Model 66 and two inch model 10. Revolvers I can hand one to the wife and she can shoot it. If they're still coming I have a 1911 45 and a 300 Blackout AR pistol in the bedroom closet.

I keep nothing dangerous on a nightstand. My Dept. investigated some crimes in which cat burglars quietly made entry, and were in the victim's bedroom as the victims quietly slept. I hope this gives some with all manner of impressive armament on nightstands,etc, pause for thought. It does me......ymmv
__________________I agree. I never thought leaving a gun in an obvious place was a good idea, especially if it's in plain sight.

On my nightstand? A lamp, an iPod clock charger, my cell phone charging, and 2 LED flashlights.

I talk in my sleep and sometimes walk in my sleep so no gun close to me. My wife has hers on her side of the bed.-

Lots of stuff, books, bottled water, CPAP machine, MP 45, and other stuff. Plus three very loud little dogs.

Mossberg.jpg

I will need to update with pics later for the OP's request...

Nothing "on" the nightstand, but I have my older Sig P226 with Surefire close at hand with 20 rounds of 124gr Gold Dots ready to go.

My wife has her Ruger SR9c with 17 round mag loaded with the same.

Near to the nightstand is my Mossberg 590 and my AR15. My wife has a 12ga coach gun within arms reach if needed.

On my nightstand is my Kindle, alarm clock, 26" ASP, headlight and larger tactical light. Sometimes my CCW gets placed on the nightstand if I haven't put in in the main safe...

Just around the corner, hanging in my closet is my chest harness for any rural-neighborhood invasions:D

Threat level is really low where we live. The biggest threats are aggressive dogs, beaver, and the occasional wild hog I've seen on our property. The best alarm system is the dog; he alerts us if anyone is on our long driveway or ANY bumps in the night outside/around the house. He's woken me up a couple times with a half-dozen deer grazing in an open field about 50 yards from the house...and they weren't making any noise which is pretty amazing. He's not good for much else, but he excels as an early warning alarm!

ROCK6

The closest I have to a "nightstand" gun is a Delta Elite in a quick access safe with a spare magazine which is my "let's see what that noise outside was" gun.

I'm very boring, only have two pistols. My Bersa Thunder .32 acp is my home defense gun. My Kel Tec P-32 goes everywhere with me.

Back