What's On Your Night Stand?

Springfield 1911; 45 ACP. With Hornady 230gn +P XTP's.

I'm a revolver guy and would actually like it to be my 4" 686. But 357 Mags are way too loud for inside a house.

45's are loud too, of course. But they are much lower pitched (especially with heavy 230gn bullets), and aren't nearly as devastating on the ear drums.

Lamp, alarm clock, tv remote, ceiling fan remote, my current book.
Flashlights and other items just a few feet away in my closet.

Alarm clock, kleenex, reading material, lamp, flash light for power outage, and a Walther PPS-M2, my EDC gun. Am I the only one who has Kleenex?

Usually I keep a few laying around close by, like the G17 or G31 357 SIG and I always keep a GP100 357 Mag loaded up too. I even keep my new 5" Lipseys 44 Special Gp100 loaded up too! Then the G43 or XDS 9mm are usually loaded up also.

My "nightstand gun" (figuratively, since my HD pistol is actually in a quick access safe near but not on my nightstand) is a .45ACP SIG P250 Compact. It is also one of my main carry guns when I'm visiting a state where I can carry (UT non-resident permit) and often carried in my apartment during waking hours. Sometimes my .45LC S&W 625MG takes its place.

Mounted to the bed frame right next to my pillow.

BadAss%2BGiveaway%2BWinner.jpg

Dust, an alarm clock, my Kindle, and nasal spray and a lamp.

At least when my puppy Seren hasn't cleaned everything off, which she is wont to do...

IN the nightstand, however, I have a Smith & Wesson 36 3".

And, for the past couple of months, I've also had an S&W Mode 38 Humpback.

Both loaded with 135-gr. Speer Gold Dot HPs.

On my nightstand is a bunch of my wife's junk. I sleep against the wall so no nightstand. I do however tuck my holstered CZ 85B under my pillow.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I have a few boxes of ammo that I have yet to put away, an alarm clock with the clanger type alarm, a paddle and a whip, and some other personal items. I don't keep a gun there and there are no drawers to put a gun in. I don't keep a gun under my pillow - my brother used to do that and woke up one morning with his 44 magnum cocked and in his hand. After that the pistol is placed elsewhere. To get into my house someone is going to have to make a lot of noise and even if they are trying to be sneaky the dogs will alert everyone for miles around that someone is out of place. If they get past the dogs then my wife and I will both be armed with shotguns and the invader will quickly learn that crime doesn't pay. By the time the sheriff arrives they will wish they were flipping burgers at McDonald's. I will have to remove the cuffs to let the sheriff take him away.

Back