What's On Your Night Stand?

Seems the Berettas have a following for nightstand duty. Here is mine:

20170922_181529-1.jpg

It is a Beretta 92A1 with one in the pipe and 20 (yes 20) in the magazine. I use Speer Gold Dot 124 grain standard pressures. Night sights, a flashlight, and other custom touches make this perfect for the job.

Last edited:
I have the same stuff I carry most of the time; an SR9c with 10+1 and an extra magazine, a good flashlight and folding knife, a small pepper spray, keys, wallet, and a cellphone. A Leatherman tool and a good headlight also lives there along with my eyeglasses in a case. Everything is always in the same place so I can find what I want without fumbling around.

Damn...that must be some sort of a gollawhopper night stand.

18" x 14". While I'm happy with a compact pistol, I prefer a full sized night stand! You never know when the extra capacity will be needed...:D

What is on my nightstand? Whatever the cat allows to remain there. He likes to sleep on the nightstand, an will knock anything that is not comfortable to lie on down.

I keep an old 28" SxS shotgun under the bed and a box of bird shot in the drawer just under the cat.

Various, but right now it's a Ruger Speed Six .357 with a 2 3/4 inch barrel. It's in a Simply Rugged Sourdough so I could strap it on quick if I had to get in pants.

6 of my reloads, Hornady 158 grain XTP, JSPs, in front of 6 grains of Unique.

It varies. Sometimes it's my SP101. Other times it's one of my 40 cal. Still other times its my M&P9. No set reason or rhyme to which one it happens to be.

Tonight it's my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Spl. in the bedside draw. Tomorrow it could be something else in revolvers or semi auto's. I rotate my edc guns and that's what end up in the draw that night.

HK USP .40s&w full sized with night sights, Streamlight TRL-3 light, loaded up with 13rds of Hornady Critical Duty 175gr hollow points and an extra mag.

Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP with seven 255gr SWCs at 850 FPS. Mossberg 500 shotgun is nearby with OOO buck loads.

Back