What's On Your Night Stand?

I fail to see how it is any different than having a gun on your nightstand. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

If you got gun under your pillow you need to move, divorce, or lay off the coke.
If you happen to awaken with an intruder in the room, you would be glad your gun was under your pillow....not a bad idea at all. Times are changing. You can learn a lot on this forum if you would be willing to take advice and/or listen to other ideas.

With a gun under my pillow I would be concerned about being awakened by a discharge and having the woman next to me scared or worse (I think) with a bullet wound.

Don't do anything you don't want to explain to the EMTs.

I initially got it for deer hunting, and that is its primary purpose... But I realized it would make a formidable home defense weapon as well.

Glock G40 MOS 10mm, Deltapoint Pro optic, 7" KKM barrel.

Fifteen 200 grain XTP'S at over 1,300 fps should deter pretty much anyone.... Even hiding behind the fridge, across the road, in the neighbor's house, lol.... Disclaimer: I don't have nearby neighbors, and a hungry black bear is far more likely to invade my house than a meth crazed lunatic.

Last edited:
With a gun under my pillow I would be concerned about being awakened by a discharge and having the woman next to me scared or worse (I think) with a bullet wound.

Don't do anything you don't want to explain to the EMTs.
All that depends on your firearm and whether you are sleeping with someone. :rolleyes:

IHome alarm clock & phone dock, IPhone, Galaxy tablet, three pairs of eyeglasses, lamp, toothpicks, bottle of Pepto-Bismol.

Top drawer: Kimber Custom TLE II and two extra 7 round mags of Barnes 185 gr +p.

Under bed: Remington 870 Tactical Express with alternating #00 & #4 buckshot.

The wife has her SD9VE on her nightstand on the other side.

Clock, water, Blackhawk flashlight, gun safe. Safe has a Gen3 G23, G43, and once in a while a Kahr PM9.

light,,taurus 44sp,,modified maglite that puts out 400 lum,,,and my trusty hear everything german short hair laying right next to me with the radar on

oh and some dust,,,,lol
\
ocharry

Respectfully, Mr.RevolverGuy, I don't believe you did get what you wanted:

Firingline post up your pictures.

Thanks to all those who did honor his request. I, for one, really enjoy pic threads.

In that spirit, I will post a couple which often find their way to my nightstand. Presented, in no particular chosen order (I love 'em all):

1. S&W 45 Hand Ejector model of 1917 (This one is a Commercial model, made in 1928):

attachment.php

2. Colt 1927 Argentine "Sistema" extensively rehabbed and both accurate and reliable:

attachment.php

3. Cimarron (Uberti) Open Top Replica in .44Colt (More accurate than you might guess):

attachment.php

So, c'mon, guys and gals, let's see some more pictures.

Attachments

• Sistema reworked 50.jpg
    Sistema reworked 50.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 772
  • Uberti Cimarron open top .44Colt.jpg
    Uberti Cimarron open top .44Colt.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 716
In the top drawer of my nightstand, right to left is a Glock 26 (my EDC), an extra 12-round mag, and a small sturdy LED flashlight. I make a point of keeping them there in the same order each night, and of duplicating it in hotel rooms when I travel, so I can lay my hands on them in the dark.

No pictures. My wife doesn't allow cameras in the bedroom after that incident.:D

Books. At the moment about Harley Earl and GM's Dream Cars. My Dad's Boker Stilleto which is sort of a folding sword (about 15") and very sharp. And this stuff:

http://s107.photobucket.com/user/hvap90/media/Shooting/Nightstand.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Ruger Redhawk, cut many years ago by a local gunsmith. I'm sure he would have finished it up nicer but I was young and must have bugged the **** out of him. 200gr Gold Dots. Cheap Stevens pump full of 00.

And several more flashlights not shown from multiple small LEDs to a huge Sunspot floodlight plugged into my jumpstarter pack. Seriously. Really lights up the property. I think the number of flashlights stems from childhood memories where the family flashlight never seemed to work when needed.

Back