What was your very first handgun?

Ruger SS P-85 somewhere around 1983 after I got out of the U.S. Infantry. I still have it. NEVER failed me...Not once! Of course I haven't shot a million rounds through it but quite a few.

A Taurus 85, bought about 20 years ago and still going strong. Not the prettiest girl at the prom, but it always works when it should.

It was a Rhom model 63. 22 cal, 8 shot revolver. Bought it back in the early '70s at a big box store called Gulf Mart. Cheap piece of crap, but it still shoots. Not reliable in DA, but goes bang every time in SA.

A Ruger GP-100; took me 3 months of research to decide because it was going to be my ONLY gun. It was a beauty and a joy to shoot.

Then I had to get a pocket pistol in .380, then a Glock .45 ACP;

Then I got my C & R license.......:eek:

Smith & Wesson Military and Police Hand Ejector in .38 spcl inherited from my Grandpa. Blued, but worn; square butt, half moon service sight, and original stocks. Still a great shooter with a smoooooooooth trigger.

Taurus model 82 in 38 special, 3" pencil barrel, fixed sights, and blue finish, surface rust here and there, and some rust in the forcing cone. Horrible double action, crisp but heavy single action. It was very accurate though. Had a bad firing pin in the hammer which Taurus fixed on their dime. Great place to start. You get good with the worst trigger out there over hundreds and hundreds of rounds, suddenly you look great when you have a good gun to use. Recently sold it, and I have to admit, I do miss it sometimes.

Beretta 92 fs for me. Back then I was a semi-auto guy with NO interest in a revolver. NOW I prefer to shoot my revolvers more than than the autos.:D

Beretta 92 a long time ago. It kind of went like this, Me; I want to buy a handgun, Counterman; what kind of gun are you interested in? Me; which one holds the most bullets?

Ruger Mark II with a 10" bull barrel was the first thing I bought. It was my plinker for years, and now is on 'Critter Control Duty' with my uncle. He loves it, and I miss it.

The first I ever got as a gift, Ruger Single Six. I STILL plink with that. :D

Walther PPQ for me. Purchased it at a gun show couple of years ago I guess. Never really had the want for a handgun until I picked up that PPQ ..man did it open up a can of worms. I now own 7 handguns in total and i have a revolver on the way.:D

Rutgers Single Six with the extra 22 Mag cylinder. Couldn't hit a damn thing with it, but it was fun to shoot.

No longer have and to be honest, I wouldn't shoot it much if I did have it. Still regret getting rid of it. :mad:

Ruger standard .22 in 1971 for $30.00 sold it two weeks later for 45. Thought I could maybe retire then.

My first handgun was a High Standard HD Military 22 given to me by my father. Still have it.

The first handgun I ever bought was a 6" S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman in 357, purchased from the late, lamented San Francisco Gun Exchange. Still have it too.

Back