What was your very first handgun?

My first handgun is a 6" Colt Python that my dad helped me get. The First handgun I purchased for myself is a 4" barrel S&W model 28-2 Highway Patrolman. Both kept me safe when working as an armed security officer. I still have both.

Para Ordnance P13! I thought I was hot stuff, after I went Glock a couple years later never looked back. I do love me a .357 revolver still.

The first handguns I carried were a Colt Detective Special .38 and a 1911 - both owned by the U.S. Army - in Vietnam, 1969-70.

The first handgun I owned was a Ruger Single Six Convertible, .22 and .22 Mag interchangeable cylinders. Very nice and I really regret selling it.

The first one I purchased was a Taurus model 94. Still have it today. its my favorite all around carry handgun. Light weight and 9 shots. I carry it fishing, camping, everywhere.

It was sooooooooooooooo long ago,,,

It was sooooooooooooooo long ago,,,
I honestly can't remember which one of these I bought first.

The 8mm Lebel revolver I got at a farm auction for $12.00,,,
It came with a disintegrating leather holster,,,
and a small cloth bag of cartridges.

07-margeaux.JPG

I bought this ROHM at a garage sale for a whopping $5.00,,,
This was back some time in the early 60's.

38-LilBertha.jpg

I am certain I bought both guns in the same summer,,,
I just can't remember what year or which one I obtained first.

I recently found some new manufactured ammo for the Lebel,,,
I had been shooting reloaded 32-20 cases from Gad Custom Cartridges,,,
But I accidentally stumbled on the manufacturing run of this new Fiocchi and I stocked up 500 rounds.

The ROHM still works and shoots .22 shorts,,,
I bought a small supply of CB caps just to have around,,,
It still shoots but man is it ever loose and therefore just a bit scary. :eek:

Aarond

My very first hand gun was a Smith and Wesson model 629 in stainless, .44 magnum. I had it for 10 years or so and sold it. I had paid $350 brand new! Boy I had fun with that gun. I wish I'd never sold it, and have lately been thinking of getting another but wow are they expensive these days.

Mine was a Stoeger Luger too.

I was great for a year but seemed to wear out.

I replaced it with a Browning Challanger in '73.

I still have it... and I taught my sons with it too

Snake

just ordered my first, RIA tactical 1911. I'm so excited. The only guns I have right now have been passed down to me from both sides of my family and while they are awesome and I cherish them greatly I'm ready to have one that is mine and no one else's.

My first handgun was a Colt single action .22 that I put on layaway at a local hardware store. I paid every week until it was time to get it, the clerk (WWII vet) gave me a box of long rifle ammunition with it. I was fifteen at the time.

A friend needed money and sold me his high standard double nine revolver. I got it before I gave a crap about guns, only to help him, so it just sat in my closet unloved. She takes better pics than she actually looksView attachment 91108 a year or so later I bought a beretta 92 fs for hd, took it to the range and immediately fell in love with shooting. It was after that that the hi standard was dug out of the closet, cleaned up and shot regularly

Last edited:
First fired: Dad's Colt 1851 Navy, really fun to shoot and a very nice original. I was bummed when he sold it.

First owned: Colt SAA 5.5" in .357 Magnum. Hand me down, originally belonged to my great uncle.

First purchased: Colt King Cobra 4". Wanted something in SS to pack around in the woods. Great gun, hands down my favorite.

Back