In need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help!

I would be most appreciative of the disassembly/assembly instructions also.
I just picked up what I think is a late model Nylon66. I say late because of a 259xxxx sn.
The threads that recieve the elevation screw are stripped, if I can't fix em I guess I'll pop a 4 power on it.
It was $70.00 and for the price I thought it would be worth the trip down memory lane. A nylon66 was one of the rifles from my childhood, oh so many years ago.
Thanks in advance.

cplhog@insightbb.com

nylon66 hint

A friend and I got one back together about 30 years ago.Seems like the magic was slave pins.A close slip fitting pin with the end ground to a pointThese were used to get the parts in position,then driven out by the real pins.That is all I remember

Remington Nylon 66 complete takedown

This book has some great info, and full takedown procedures.

" The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly "
" Part 3: Rimfire Rifles - Revised Edition "
By: J. B. Wood, Pages 321 - 330, $19.95

I bought mine from Sportsmans Warehouse, but it can be bought
through Barnes&Noble, or Borders, etc.

A quote from the opening page on this rifle:
" For those not familiar with it's mechanism,though, the Nylon 66 can be
a disassembly/reassembly nightmare. "

Good Luck.

Help Harley!

Harley: I just joined the forums and am in need of the assembly/disassembly instructions for the nylon 66. I have two guns that do not work and I am trying to make one working rifle. My email is below. Thanks in advance.

dustinryan2006 at yahoo.com (of course, replace "at" with @)

Nylon 66

I also need someone to send me the instruction on reassembly. I have a early model apache it was my Dads. He gave it to me and my daughter just shot her first squirrel with it this year. If :eek: anyone knows of anybody selling one at a decent price I'm intrested. I refuse to pay the crazy prices for these rifles. They are alot of fun but I have seen them on some web sites selling for as much as 600.00 dollars what gives. Email me at boatdad@comcast.net

Last edited:
Remington Nylon 66 Takedown Instructions

Sorry guys......I don't have a scanner.
The book is well worth the twenty bucks.
There are 5 books in the series, and a hundred bucks very well spent.
A lifetime of useful gun info on many makes and models.
I will no longer buy a gun I can't take apart, and replace a broken part,
on my dining room table, using these books. I've yet to pop open a
Smith & Wesson, but it's day is coming. www.gunvideo.com is also a
great source of dvd's and video's for all sorts of firearms.
There are a number of guns I won't buy, as a result of owning these books.
Money saved and headaches never felt. These books will easily pay for
themselves several times over.
Highly recommended.

Also in need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help

Found a Nylon 66 in my Dads collection after he passed away that I did not know he had, safety does not seem to work and gun is very, very dirty, would like to acquire the disassemble and reassemble instructions in order to completely clean weapon. Thank you, Andy

gibby58@cfl.rr.com

help needed-remington apache 77

in need of assemble/disassemble of remington nylon/apache 77, would be greatly appreciated as i am experiencing jamming after only several shots. please email me at rembo_ia@yahoo.com or post url where i can find help. thanks:(

need instructions

Hi,

I just bought a Remington Nylon 66 today. Could you please send me the disassemble and assemble instructions. It sounds like they will come in handy for cleaning, etc.
My e-mail is jamespmunch@yahoo.com

Thank you,
Jim

Back