In need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help!

nylon66 inherited...arg

Hi all..nice to see I share this problem and am not a complete idiot..

Harley, you are a man among men to help us out.

I have just inherited a chromed, black nylon 66..I wanna use it..but someone pulled the barrel and it doesn't get back in in a way that allows the action to operate correctly..

Could you please send me those instructions too?

nycfarmboy2003@yahoo.com

Has anyone else had this specific problem?

:confused:

Nylon 66 instructions and diagram

I have a brown Remington Nylon 66 that I purchased new in about 1960. I need the disassembly-reassembly instructions and diagram if available. The book that came with the gun has long since disappeared.

Thanks,

nylon 66 service manual

I have both the dissassembly and field service manuals for the nylon 66 BUT they are too large foe this sites attachments

Ant suggesti0ons

montveil

nylon 66

Careful boys. Those Nylons are a nightmare to reassemble. Loved mine till it got burned up in a fire and would buy another in a heartbeat!

Need Reassembly Instructions PLEASE!!!!!

Picked up a nylon 66 for $20. Great shape but the thing was probably never ever cleaned,,,,,,so yah,,,, I broke it all the way down for a thorough cleaning and now need some instructions. Please send to:

xtremesurfercop1@yahoo.com

Thanks, Tim

Remington Model 66

I could use assembly and disassembly instructions for the Model 66. I also would like suggestions on mounting a scope. I have mounted one and can't seem to shoot an acceptable grouping at 50 yds. I have had others fire it and they have the same results. Are there some special rings to use?

e-mail: cbrioschi@aol.com

Last edited:
Remington model 66 reassembly

I just got a model 66 that was not taken care of at all. I took it apart and cleaned it up and I would appreciate it if anyone could send me reassembling instructions.

look in rimfirecentral.com
You can get schematics from Remington
There is a small lever shown on the schematic that seems to go under a spring loaded piece-- this lever should go above the other piece so it is under spring tension before you replace the pin
This firearm does not need much lubrication, and none on the nylon parts.
I however, use a Teflon dry lube on all the parts.
Have fun, it's a great little 22. maybe not the most accurate but a great shooting piece.
A world record was set back in the 60's from a Remington nylon 66 shooter when he hit 200,000 2X2 wood blocks tossed into the air. The rifle was not cleaned during the feat.
As a plinker and hunter under 50 yards it is great. Also a great beginning rifle as it weighs only 4 1/2 pounds.
I had a problem holding a scope on the grooved sheet metal receiver but I finally got a pair of Weaver grooved receiver to Weaver dovetails and that seemed to solve the problem

OK with the Nylon rifle site< I used to visit it regularly but the site went down for some time and I gave up on it. It is the premium site fore the nylons

Back