In need of Remington Nylon 66 Disassemble & Reassemble Help!

Nylon 66 disassembly instructions

Hi, just purchased this firearm from a friend's father. This gun is in major need of cleaning before I think it would be safe to fire. I would appreciate any help in getting the manual or any instructions on break-down/reassembly. Thanks.
email is johnboy4@comcast.net

thanks in advance

I would greatly appreciae a copy of those instructions as well. Theycan be emailed to otownsurf@yahoo.com I have had one sine I was 10 and I'm now 30 and I have to say it has always been ine of my favorites. Thanks again for the help

I too am in need of assembly instructions for the model 66. Took it apart, cleaned it all up and got everything back in it's place except the cartridge stop spring. Where the #$%& does that thing go?!?!?

Harley, please send the instructions to tachapman@ucdavis.edu

Thanks!
Todd

Hate to add to your burden, but I too have a Nylon 66 I need instructions for. I have just run across this place, while I was looking for a diagram of the earlier models of S&W M&P, or Model 10, the ones with the little lever inside the trigger, (that had slotted-head, screw-out pivot posts instead of studs) instead of the "clothespin" spring, to tension the hand. Any help you might be able to give me on this would be greatly appreciated, as well. Or perhaps just point me in the right direction, to a sight which might have this info. Thank you vry much for any assistance you can give me.

Jim M.
toolman846@comcast.net

Greetings Sir,

I have a REMINGTON- NYLON 66 .22 cal. and need some instructions so I can disassemble, clean, reassemble.
"SHE" has been in storage several years, I got her out and looked at her, she needs a good cleaning...

If you can help me out with this I'd sure appreciate it sir.

Thank You,

THE_K-MAN

ingodwetrust@embarqmail.com

Harley Nolden stated:

Harley Nolden
Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Disassem is no longer available"

HJN

If anyone has a copy of this rare item & will share you'll have my vote for Sainthood. This has turned out to be as hard or harder than going to the Dress shop with my wife and waiting while she tries on every Dress in the Store before she makes up her mind. I'd rather be out plunking a few targets.

THE_K-MAN
gif-13.gif

ingodwetrust@embarqmail.com

I just obtained an old Remington Apache 77 22 autloader (like a Nylon 66 but with a clip, apparently a special run made for K-Mart

CliveW .. 77 was generally available.

Part 19 on the schematic from Nortonics will go in two ways, so check the diagram as the gun will only work that way.

Remington has sent me several very complete schematics/parts lists. You have to request each type, but I have received more than one at a time. 742 and 3200 last week.:D Good support.

Nylon 66 - Field Take-down

ipb-remington-66.jpg

Nylon 66,
Take-down: Field cleaning;
Put the safety on, leave it on.
Remove magazine tube and any ammo.
Check chamber again, then pull charging handle straight out to remove.
Remove the two screws on the right side of receiver cover.
Pull straight up on receiver cover and set aside. Note position of bolt extension over barrel.
Remove ejector from left side of action area, should drop straight out, it’s the only large metal piece on the left side.
Turn rifle over, start unscrewing the barrel screw from underside of rifle. It’s the only screw on the bottom.
Do not fully remove this screw yet, turn rifle right side up and push screw up to release the barrel. The barrel will pull straight out of the stock.
Note that the bolt has moved forward to contact the barrel retention piece.
Finish removing the barrel screw and remove the barrel retention band and its alignment plate from the stock, make a note of how they come out, the plate is marked "front" if you forget.
Pull the bolt out toward the front.
Remove the recoil spring and plunger.
You are basically done now, you can remove the striker, but I don't recommend it for most people, you can reassemble the striker assembly so the safety doesn't work but everything else works normally, i.e. the gun will fire when the trigger is pulled on safe. !!!NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
Air-Hose, brush, wipe, spray, whatever the rest of the crud out, and clean the barrel normally.
Reassembly is in the reverse order.
Good luck. BE SAFE!

Cunfused1 is a saint!!!

The link you posted is GREAT!!!! I just bought a 66 for my son and would swear it was the one I had about 35 years ago.. LOL .. I totaly broke down his 66, cleaned it, and put it back together with no problems using one of the documents there. However, I do have experience with small assemblies & such. Just make sure the rifle is cocked when taking it apart and you pay attention to the cocking assembly so you can get it back together properly. (If you end up with a basket case find someone who knows what they are doing or I'll buy it for $20...LOL.....)

You all may want to take a peek at this site too. It has ALL KINDS of manuals including firearms, military, & such. Most of the firearms manuals are owners manuals but there is still some really good ones there. Really old ones too....

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/

Banjoman

banjoman@optonline.net

Remington Nylon 66 Disassembly Instructions

Okay guys - I've done a lot of searching and finally found this site which has the complete user manual, exploded diagram, and dissassembly instructions in .pdf format. There is no charge and you can download them / print them off..

Here's a word of caution though.. In all of my research I have seen it stated repeatedly - Don't Do It !! I haven't taken mine apart yet - I'm still reading the instructions and trying to decide if I'm smart enough to take this on.. LOL

Enjoy !!

www.nylonrifles.com

Choose "Documents" at the top of the page and then scroll down to see all of the manual documents.

Oopps !!

Sorry guys !! This is where I found that good information.. I intended to post it on a different site - not this one. Please excuse the error :eek:

Back