What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

A Ruger LCRu. It's an LCR, just in an underbarrel Rhino-style configuration.

A Ruger LMR. Lightweight Modular Revolver. It would resemble an LCRx with a simplified Dan Wesson style interchangeable barrel system. It would be configurable anywhere between a revolving carbine to silhouette pistol to snubnose.

A modern break action revolver (with self ejecting cases like a shotgun) in .38 special. I think using modern materials and techniques a break action revolver could be produced that didn't share the same reputation of older models for being a weak design.

I'm with NateKirk,,,

I too would love to see a nice break-action revolver,,,
.38 Special would be fine with me.

I would buy one just for the nostalgia factor.

Aarond

A modern break action revolver (with self ejecting cases like a shotgun) in .38 special. I think using modern materials and techniques a break action revolver could be produced that didn't share the same reputation of older models for being a weak design.

A Webley MKIV built in 38 special with a nice finish and action would be nice.

Well because since I can cast/reload 9mm for less than .22 id like to see non tacticool 9mm rifles. I'll take more tacticool ones too.

I'm probably alone in this though.

You're not alone,,,

You're not alone,,,
many people want Marlin to remake their 9mm camp rifle.

It was about as plain jane as you could imagine,,,
And in my not-so humble opinion,,,
It was a great little gun.

Aarond

You're not alone,,,
many people want Marlin to remake their 9mm camp rifle.

Meh, I'd had the Camp 9. Not much to write home about. Accuracy was ok but that straight blowback got dirty fast. If they did bring it back, it should take Glock mags, be fitted to poly, & have a collapsible stock with a top rail. Hmmm, did I just described the Sub2K? :D

Well because since I can cast/reload 9mm for less than .22 id like to see non tacticool 9mm rifles. I'll take more tacticool ones too.

No. You're not alone. I'd like to see more pistol-caliber carbines in general.

Glock single stack 10mm having the width and melt of the G36 but having the length and height of the Glock 19/23. And no, that would not be the same as the G29, which is as thick as the Glock 20/21, same length as the G36, and shorter than the G19/23 by 1/2".

"Hk10" 10mm a la the Hk45.

I would ask S&W to build their revolvers like days before MIM parts and 2 piece barrels In other words make 36 37 19 15 as they were made . Not like the pistols of today. Stock has went up 120% Give us something for the investment we have made n you.

A Ruger Mark III Hunter in 5.7x28mm.

I just can't stand that darned FNH pistol but I love the cartridge and the Mark III Hunter. I'm waiting!

Fiziks schmizics! Still, I would love to see something as close to it as possible. Again, that FNH just doesn't do it at all foe me.

A Ruger Mark III Hunter in 5.7x28mm.

I just can't stand that darned FNH pistol but I love the cartridge and the Mark III Hunter. I'm waiting!

I know 5.7x28 is fairly long compared to other automatic pistol cartridges. It might not be feasible to adapt existing lines of pistols for it. That would mean needing to develop a whole new pistol for a competitor's specialty round. It's too bad. I like the round. The extremely limited choices in firearm have kept me from getting into it.

Pretty much what Deaf Smith said, except I'd prefer a M65 with a 3" barrel and bobbed hammer.

S&W 66:
1) 2 1/2 inch bbl
2) FIXED SIGHTS
3) NO LOCK
4) NO MIM parts
5) DAO
6) SEVEN SHOTS
7) all stainless except hammer and trigger (and they be flash chromed like they used to do)
8) one piece barrel
9) Eagle Secret Service Stocks with S&W medallions.
10) and ENGRAVED!

A Browning Hi Power with a 3 inch barrel and a single stack magazine. Not as practical with modern carry guns but it would be interesting to have.

I would like to see a modern full size .380 pistol. Threaded barrel, night sights 15+ round magazine, etc.
All we seem to get in .380 is pocket pistols.

More full size .22 revolvers. (Like the GP100 in .22) Mostly because I want guns like this to be successful.

Glock 10mm in the 19/23 Frame

That already exist. It is called a glock 29

I would ask S&W to bring back a revolver chambered in 327 Mag... But not the J-frame they made for a short time...

I would like it in a K-frame, 6-shot, 4" bbl... Full underlug or shrouded extractor (half lug), either would do. Or maybe both??

A K-frame with a full underlug?

I would like it in a K-frame, 6-shot, 4" bbl... Full underlug or shrouded extractor (half lug), either would do. Or maybe both??

A K-frame with a full underlug?

Blasphemy!,,,
Heresy!,,,
:eek:

Shrouded ejector, yes,,,
Full underlug, no.

Aarond

"A K-frame with a full underlug?

Blasphemy!,,,
Heresy!,,,

Shrouded ejector, yes,,,
Full underlug, no.

Aarond"

There was a time when I only liked full underlug. Then I got my first shrouded ejector S&W, a 4" m19-3.

I am now squarely on the fence between the two. But to split hairs, I think longer barrels are more appealing to my eye with a full lug. Conversely, shorter barrels with a shrouded ejector get my nod.

Hence my call for both, to suit all tastes. ;)

Back