What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

Just for the heck of it I'd like to see Dan Wesson re-introduce their 6" blued 445 supermag revolver. I had one for a short time years ago and would probably buy another if the price was right.

a Dan Wesson .44Mag revolver to go with the newly released 715 .357Mag

A SP01 style 10mm from CZ rated for full power loads. They made one to prove that it could be done (hybrid 97/SP01), but it was just for poops & grins.

The entire XD lineup (XD, XDM, XDS of all barrel lengths) chambered in 10mm and rated for full power loads.

Hello RIDE-RED 350r

I am now squarely on the fence between the two. But to split hairs, I think longer barrels are more appealing to my eye with a full lug. Conversely, shorter barrels with a shrouded ejector get my nod.

We are on opposite sides of the fence my friend,,,
I think anything over a 4" barrel with full underlug look ungainly,,,
Whereas the short barreled with full underlug (like the SP-101 Snubby) look fine.

In all seriousness you know I was having fun with the Blasphemy post,,,
But for pure aesthetics I would trade my 6" 686 for a 6" 620 any day of the week.

Later my friend,,,

Aarond

"We are on opposite sides of the fence my friend,,,
I think anything over a 4" barrel with full underlug look ungainly,,,
Whereas the short barreled with full underlug (like the SP-101 Snubby) look fine.

In all seriousness you know I was having fun with the Blasphemy post,,,
But for pure aesthetics I would trade my 6" 686 for a 6" 620 any day of the week.

Later my friend,,,

Aarond"

Absolutely Sir,

Offense wasn't even remotely close to being taken. :)

The entire XD lineup (XD, XDM, XDS of all barrel lengths) chambered in 10mm and rated for full power loads.

I would buy one of those.

I would like some current production 10mm revolvers as well. It's an excellent hunting round, and a 7 shooter, large framed revo, with a 6" bbl would be peachy keen..........

I'd be tempted to ask High Standard + DAN WESSON to finally make good on building their DA .44 Mag/.45 Colt CRUSADER in numbers exceeding double digits....

I'd like to see someone make a really good copy, or better of the Star final Gens...
Firestar, Ultrastar, Megastar...

Of course, to get the best of the hand-fitting details done, and avoid anti-gun laws,
and to keep prices low, it would have to be in a Southern State, like Florida ;)

If I ever hit the Lottery...:D

I would like a leaver action in 357 MAX That would be one good rifle Also a hand gun in the 9 mm MAX 9+23 Winchester made this at one time

Last edited:
I would like to see the U.S. Companies make some guns that are more geared
to sporting use. I quit buying gun magazines because they are full of para-
military type rifles & shotguns, and 100s of gut buster, hi capacity plastic
auto loading pistols. I realize that is what's driving the market, but a company
could cash in on some sporting type guns. And some practical calibres for
small game. Why do they think guns like the S&W. K-22s are selling so high
on used market.

Drm50,
Quality sporting arms are often more labor intensive b/c of fit and finish work. Hard to bring that to the US in an affordable volume production format like the Turks and Eastern Europeans can do. Would be nice though.

I'm e-mailing BHA about a 357 Max carbine right now!

John, the 460 is selling very well, thank you.
No on the 357.

Well, on the plus side, they did get back to me after only about 24 hours. On the weekend. That is pretty good customer service, IMO.

OTOH, I am pretty sure they said the same thing when I first contacted them about a 460 variant of their 500 levergun.

At some point, when oil starts to dry up and plastic guns go away, I would like to see them go back to making things out of steel again. It would also help if jobs became hard to get, and people took pains in their work in an attempt to keep their jobs.

I like the idea of a Mark III 9mm. I would buy one and make it integrally suppressed. It is a perfect candidate for an integrally suppressed 9mm.

Perfect Pocket Gun

There are a lot of pocket guns out there starting with the North American 22 short and going to small 9s & snub nose revolvers. I carry the Kel-Tec p32 & while it's a perfect size, in an emergency I'd like a higher caliber.

The gun I'd like to see is a light wight, de horned 4 round 38 snub nose from a name manufacturer. If I were designing it, I'd steal the idea of a flat rather then a round cylinder which would reduce size. Wherever possible, I'd use titanium or aluminum or other light weight metal that could bring it in at 10 ounces or less.
Such a gun would vanish in a front pocket, but still be instantly available with 4 shots with pretty good stopping power. You could additionally still carry a normal sized gun in the small of the back, if the 4 rounds don't cut it.
Lastly making a revolver that isn't picky about ammo and goes bang every time the trigger is pulled is achievable. I also see a real market for this type of gun, particularly in urban areas.
The icing on the cake for the manufacturer is they could use most of the same machines that they use to make their regular snubs. It wouldn't entail reinventing the wheel, pretty much just tweaking the wheel.

I would like to see...

a) Another run of 7" slide/barrel 10mm Auto in a 1911-pattern pistol. (Hunters would snap these up in a heartbeat). :)

b) a run of stainless S&W 6" barreled "K" frame revolvers chambered in .327 Federal Magnum.

c) Vltor's fulfillment of reproducing the "original" Bren Ten Auto Pistol, (complete with 12 round magazines).

d) S&W build another run (3000) of 6.5" barreled Model 610 revolvers.

e) S&W building two runs of "L" frame, 3" and 4" barreled revolvers in .45 ACP.

f) S&W making another 5000 S&W Model 1006 Auto pistols.

S&W & Vltor would make a ***t-pot full of money with five of these. (I don't know who would take it upon themselves to make the first one). :rolleyes:

Back