What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

I want a DAO CZ P-07 to go along with the DAO P-09 I have, or for CZ to just go ahead and take the plunge for a second time, and reintroduce the striker fire CZ 100, but give it a "better trigger" so that everybody and their brother would quit griping hahahahahahaha!

I love a good dream/Christmas Wish/letter to the manufacturer thread. I want:

1. Smith and Wesson to stop putting that ugly, insulting, and potentially dangerous lock hole in their otherwise wonderful revolvers;

2. more guns in .327 Federal Magnum!

3. maybe a 5-shot GP100 in .44 special?

I'd like Kahr to release double stack hi-cap versions of their pistols. Except their magazines are iffy, so they should use Glock magazines.

I'd like a Gen5 Glock with a real interchangeable grip system particularly designed with small hands in mind. And some backstraps without the Glock hump.

You know those cheap brass framed black powder revolvers? Something like that in .22 lr. But only after the ammo situation is resolved.

A cheap accurate single shot .22 pistol. But only after the ammo situation is resolved.

Two things. I wish Henry would make a .41 Mag Big Boy Steel, and just for something really different the same in 10mm. The .41 to go with my M57 and the 10mm for a fairly powerful round but the tube could hold a couple more due to the shorter cartridge.

A Gen 5 Glock where they switch to a true 4 lb 1911 style trigger pull, grip safety and manual thumb safety.....but keep the striker....narrow the slide to .9"....make the grip feel more M&P like.....and switch to SS magazine bodies.:eek::D

I too would like to see a single-shot .22 pistol.

I too would like to see a single-shot .22 pistol,,,
But for some reason the ones that are made are somewhat funky.

Rossi makes one with two barrels,,,
One barrel is for .22 LR and the other is .45/410.

I have no use for the 45/410 barrel,,,
And they made the frame-grip too clunky.

It's a shame too,,,
I would have bought a pair of .22's,,,
If they would have made them with a bit more style.

Aarond

Aarond,
I thought that CZ did make that .22.
I recall the 'Alfa Project' Czechpoint guns a while back.
I meant to try for a couple, but forgot as
other interests came up.
Last time I checked, there were none
of any caliber in stock on their site.

Pricing was in that under 300 category.

I always wanted to see S&W come out with a three inch
target sighted j-frame in .25acp.
In a quality gun, the .25 is a very accurate cartridge.

I could believe there might some who see that pistol as a somewhat limited market item, so,

How about a new cartridge.25 caliber revolver instead?
Case length of a .32 H&R magnum with re-inforced primer pockets(or even a smaller diameter primer)
and a thicker case web to let you step on the gas a bit if desired.
Nice little trail gun with 60 - 86gr. SWCs and no recoil.

But my first choice would still be that 'lil acp.

JT

gbclarkson said:
A high-capacity 1911 chambered in 5.7x28.

.22TCM in a RIA 1911 won't work for you?
0.jpg

I'd like to see a modernized 1911
  • Ambidextrous thumb safety without needing grip panel modifications,
  • undercut between the frame and trigger bow
  • standard lowered and flared ejection port
  • external extractor
  • barrel without a collet bushing.

Other than that....
A modern interpretation of the High Standard 10B bullpup shotgun, preferably one that had downward ejection.

Rifle No. 5 Mk I (Jungle carbine) chambered in 7.62x39, AK magazine fed

Downloadable 3D plans to make a Glock 17 into a Magpul SMG-9 (or .40, .45, 10mm, or .357SIG)

Rifle No. 5 Mk I (Jungle carbine) chambered in 7.62x39, AK magazine fed

Already been done.
Well, sort of.
The action is a reduced size No.4 MK.1.

I really enjoyed this Australian made one until my nephew

picked it for his 15th birthday present.
And yes, it was a mistake to let him have his choice!

Any magazine longer than 20 rounds (ten round magazines in the photos) really gets in the way of your support arm though.

JT

Is it possible to engineer a centerfired takedown rifle, or are the chamber pressures too high to do it safely? I'd love an ultralight bolt action .223 takedown carbine.

Or, if I lived in a free state, an integrally suppressed takedown 300 blackout, like some of the 10/22 builds I've seen.

One was developed and successfully tested, but there wasn't enough interest to go into production
That is motor driven, so civilians are not able to own one. A Gatling style crank gun would be citizen legal.

For a rifle I'd like to see a 357 max lever rifle that could also feed 357 magnum and 38 special. If BHA was able to figure out a 460 rifle I would think the 357 max wouldn't be too hard.

For a pistol a defensive pistol designed around being suppressed with a proprietary suppressor. Not necessarily "integrally" suppressed.

JT-AR-MG42, more details on that rifle.

I wouldn't mind a brass frame 22lr single action or a top-break.

a center-fired take-down rifle, or are the chamber pressures too high to do it safely? I'd love an ultralight bolt action .223 take-down carbine.
There have been many center-fire take-down produced. Not aware of any in 223.

Last edited:
I would like to see a slender 9mm, single stack, about the size of the French Model 1935A or the FN 1911-22. It could be DA/SA or just SA (1911 type). Most 9mms are either unnecessarily large (M9) and bulky (Glocks) or pocket size (LCP 9). I think something in between would be nice.

Jim

I would like a revolver with a quick change barrels and cylinders so you could change calibers and barrel lengths easily. This way the same trigger and frame could house anything from 22 - 44 mag with barrel lengths from 2 inches to 8. It should have a rail on the top for a scope/red dot and attachment for a rail below the barrel that is also removable. It should be light weight for concealed carry. That's all :)

Back