What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

I'd like to see what Ruger is capable in a semiauto service pistol. NOT like the SR9 or 9E, I mean meant to be retail priced in the $550-600 bracket, devoid of redundant safety gunk.

Rifle No. 5 Mk I (Jungle carbine) chambered in 7.62x39, AK magazine fed
JT-AR-MG42 said:
Already been done.
Well, sort of.
The action is a reduced size No.4 MK.1.

Exactly the one I was thinking of. As I understand it, it's available in Canada but prohibited for US import due to some Vietnamese manufactured parts :confused:

THE dream gun: A Smith & Wesson reissue of the Model 45 .22lr, with NO Hillary hole and NO MIM parts, and built on the older style frame.

I would like to see a slender 9mm, single stack, about the size of the French Model 1935A

Jim, take a look at a Zastava "CZ88" 9mm pistol. It is just the right size for a 9mm.

a Ruger SRH Alaskan 4"

How could I have forgotten that?!

I would like to see a slender 9mm, single stack, about the size of the French Model 1935A or the FN 1911-22. It could be DA/SA or just SA (1911 type). Most 9mms are either unnecessarily large (M9) and bulky (Glocks) or pocket size (LCP 9). I think something in between would be nice.

You actually may want to look at a used Astra A70.

FNAR with more configurations and calibers options other than the .308win. Specifically 6.5creedmoor and/or .260rem and a 20" barrel that is either similar to the contour of an H-bar in AR's or similar in weight to that and fluted like the ones they offered early in the products life.

It would be great for winchester to make a 22 super mag rimfire from their 17 /nail gun case and chamber it in an ar platform so that we could have it in the uk and also a cheeper but effective training /home defence round.
Ruger to make a 7.62 x39 scout rifle that takes ak mags, is threaded and has a 308 bore so that handloaders can use all 30 calibre bullets.
An accurate , threaded, bolt action 9mm that takes glock mags for quiet, inexpensive(compared to 308 /creedmore), long range /short range practice and small game rifle. Would be great fun for teaching children as well.
A high capacity 28gauge on an ar platform would be a lot of fun, especially with slugs.

Admittedly an odd collection but we're all different.

Hello JT-AR-MG42 ,,,

About those alfa Proj revolvers,,,
They weren't made by CZ.

I too was looking at them,,,
And I finally got my hands on one.

They seem to be decent enough handguns,,,
And I believe they are made in the same city/location,,,
But nothing of the quality I would associate with an actual CZ.

I decided to pass. :(

Aarond

Hello gyvel,,,

THE dream gun: A Smith & Wesson reissue of the Model 45 .22lr, with NO Hillary hole and NO MIM parts, and built on the older style frame.

That's my Holy Grail Gun,,,
Back around 2009 I was bidding on one,,,
I stopped at $850.00 and it eventually went for $975.00 IIRC.

I've been kicking my butt regularly,,,
For not bellying up to the bar and getting it.

I'm not sure if I would pay their "Classic" price for a new one,,,
I don't think it would satisfy the itch for the original.

But I would be sorely tempted. :o

Aarond

olympic arms westerner

I like this one, and its on the grail list.
The Olympic 1911's ended with the passing of Richard Niemer

westerner.jpg

Last edited:
A high capacity 28gauge on an ar platform would be a lot of fun, especially with slugs.

I got all excited about an AR in .410 last year. I asked my local dealer to hunt one down and he talked me out of it. They are apparently very finicky when it comes to ammo. :(

oh, the possibilities!

A Glock .22 LR; preferably in the compact (19/23) size.. this 10x more than any found below!

-A Glock pistol caliber carbine
-A stainless Ruger Vaquero with bird's head grips that shoots .357 (I believe this used to exist)
-Beefier framed Vaquero to eat .44 mag (I think this also used to exist)
-A convertible Ruger Bearcat with .22 mag cylinder (frame too small for pressure?)

p.s. kudos to Ruger on the release of the .22 LR Gp-100.. a little out of my price range, but still awesome that they listened!!

Back