What was your 1st night stand gun?

brif said:
HK P7. Heck, just from the standpoint if someone ever got it away from me; they may not know how to even fire it.

I still use one for nightstand and CCW duty. Mostly for the overall package and nearly failsafe safety features (even while fumbling in the dark half asleep), but with the bonus feature of quite possibly being too much for a thug to figure out immediately should he get it away from me. :D

My first nightstand gun was my Hi Power, but I feel much more at ease with the P7 for a highly stressful situation in close quarters.

My first nightstand gun was my first pistol, a Ruger Blackhawk 6.5" barrel in .357 Magnum. Also had a Winchester 1894 in .30-30 behind the headboard.

First night stand gun and my first semi-auto was a S&W model 659. Beautiful handgun. It weighed a ton but it was a tack driver. I wished I would never had sold it.

First used, only at a time of huge tensions with a reported killer at large in area, was a Ruger RST-6 .22LR. Hey, it was all I had, and I was pretty good at emptying that mag on target rather quickly. When I started using a "night-stand gun" regularly, my first was a HKUSP45C. Swapped that out for my EDC.

My first nightstand handgun was my Beretta 92fs (9mm of course).

Now it is my Magnum Research Baby Eagle II .40S&W with TruGlo Night Sights and Surefire X300 Weapon Light.

I don't have a dedicated nightstand gun but most often its a 1911 with a loaded mag and empty chamber. There's usually a few 38's around also, unloaded but ammo close by.

Blued Star PD in 45. It was used and beat-up but functioned perfectly then I got my Bulldog.
My bed side gun was my carry gun, always has and always will.

My first would have been a 1911a1 when we had night stands to put it on. Have stayed with the 1911a1 just don't sleep on the ground nearly as much as back then.

It was Glock 23 .40 w/night sights for me in my night stand. Great all-around gun/caliber. It was my first handgun and really the gateway drug to my infatuation with handguns. I didn't say, addiction, cause "I can quit at any time":rolleyes:. Yeah, right. How many "last ones" have I purchased over the years?? Always seem to find a reason to buy another...

I've since graduated to Glock 21C .45 w/rail light held in a Titan gun vault (mechanical lock) on bed rail

Springfield GI model 1911A1. I've retired it from nightstand duty in place of a Taurus .357. I found the mag springs to weaken over time with the 1911 and think the revolver is never going to have that problem!:D

CZ-52 with milsurp ammo I was 21 and in my first apartment now it's a SW Model-29 snubby with Gold Dot Snubby loads something about a huge shiny revolver is a attitude adjuster.

"First" was a Remington 870.

First pistol was my first pistol, CZ-75 compact. That was also my first carry gun. Won't ever get rid of it, even though I use it for nothing but range time anymore.

Back