What was your 1st night stand gun?

EAA windicator... 357mag...snubbie....I was in college and it was inexpensive. It would get so hot during range sessions that the chambers would expand and ejection was impossible. Had to practice w 38spl just to get through 100 rounds.

Charter Arms Off Duty, made in the early 80s so it was a quality revolver. :)
Current?

It was pointed out that the 1980s clock radio brought the "class" level down. I said, "Yeah? It still works - how many electrical devices from the 80s can say the same thing?":D

My 686+ 3"bbl. I'm a revolver guy. Just point-n-click. No muss. No fuss.

686-3inch_zps08c99226.jpg

First nightstand gun was an Ithaca 37 handed down from my grandfather. Still have it, but got an 18" barreled version that now serves nightstand duty. My .357 j frame (clip draw) is always within reach, too.

My Glock 17 with night sights. It's a 2nd Generation that I purchased new. It's still my nightstand gun. No need to change when I have complete confidence in it.

My first night stand gun was a 4-5/8" Ruger Blackhawk 3-screw model in .357 Magnum. I was and still is a formidable weapon, albeit with limited quick 2nd shot capability. My father-in-law, a WWll Marine veteran with over 20 years in the Border Patrol, cautioned me on using full house 158 gr JHP's based on their over-penetration potential. His comments were precient... Rod

Mine was a banged up Dan Wesson 15-2, 4" VH. Shot great, looked like someone took an ice pick to the right side of the frame and cylinder. I got it cheap at a pawn shop. I carried it at work as a security guard so I wouldn't bang up the really nice one I had bought a few weeks after the nasty one.

My very first night stand gun was a Louisville Slugger leaning on the night stand.

My second night stand gun was a Colt Government 1911.

HK P7. Heck, just from the standpoint if someone ever got it away from me; they may not know how to even fire it.

Back