What was your 1st night stand gun?

A very beat-up 1911,,,

A very beat-up Ithaca 1911,,,
My Pop's brother carried it in WW-II and Korea.

I since found his long-lost daughter,,,
And returned the heirloom to her family.

Aarond

H&R Topper 88 in 12 gauge, cut back to 20" beside the bed.That one was stolen in a burglary 15 years ago...has since been replaced with a Savage 20 gauge cut to 20", along with a gen 3 G29 in a Fobus holster mounted to the headboard.

That would be my first gun...Hum? I was 12 and had a Marlin .22 rifle. Forty Six years later, it's still in the bedroom. Rabbits dread it, squirrels fear it, and tin cans run away from it. Growing up on a rural farm, it's taken more than it's share of varmints and livestock predators. Even put some sausage in the freezer.

Attachments

• DSCN0309.JPG
    DSCN0309.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 17
Does my German Shepherd count? He may not travel at 1100 fps, but he's plenty loud and those teeth penetrate surprisingly deep...

Otherwise, a S&W Model 586 .357 magnum with a 6" barrel. After that it became my M&P40, with a shotgun nearby.

My first nightstand gun was a S&W Model 19 Combat .357 Magnum. 2nd was a S&W Model 59 9mm. There have been several others over the years....

HK USP 40 - I got it shortly after they first came out. Still in the nightstand every night.
Did have to shop for some ten round mags lately - being in NY state, the so-called - "SAFE-ACT" disapproves of the original 13 round magazines.

RG 38 special.

The potmetal special.

Still,it would spray lead very accurately at a burgular and me when I fired it,if need be.:D

My first was also my first handgun, a Taurus 82. It was followed shortly (a few months) by a Ruger KP89 and the two rotated.

Over the years, my rotation has included several autos and revolvers (backed up by a few long guns in the closet), but it has been mostly revolvers for home defense.

Back