What was your 1st night stand gun?

Ruger Single Six, only pistol I owned. Before that it was a Shore Patrol nightstick I bought at a surplus store, very authoritative ash wood, and a big Maglite.

Now it's a S&W 3" Chief, along with the old nightstick and the Maglite.

Before the Chief, there was a Webley .455, 1911 .45 or 9mm, and a Luger for a little while, and a S&W .44 Special.

Ruger Old Vaquero 5.5" stainless .45 Colt I got for HS graduation. Only pistol that was mine for a long time.

Mine was a ruger single six loaded with .22 magnum with a regular .22LR cylinder packed full of ratshot next to it(I was 12 at the time).

Argentine P35, with Millett sights, Spegel grips, and a slightly bobbed hammer to lessen the bite to me flabby hand. Had to sell it when the money ran out, and regret it to this day.

1st night stand gun was also my first gun, a Ruger P95DC. It was replaced for night stand duty with a DAO S&W 64 4" revolver.

First Nightstand Gun

While I was still in school, it was my grandfather's Smith & Wesson Military & Police .38 Spl Hand Ejector. When I was first married, it was a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP & a Colt Series 70 Mark 4 in .45 ACP. Now it is what ever I carry that day, sort of a gun du jour.

Last edited:
S&W 39-2

It was my first handgun, and is still my nightstand gun, and it probably always will be since it has been 100% reliable for all these years.

For a long long time my "nightstand" gun was actualy a Remington 870. (in the nook behind the nightstand)

I had pistols but they where more from SD away from home. It was many years before I moved away from the shotgun and started keeping a CZ-75 in the nightstand.

Back