what is your loudest handgun ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fnp 45 tactical without its osprey supressor. The loudest gun I ever heard was my fnx9 during an unscheduled barrier penetration test.

"Mini Draco" 7.62x39 Pistol... It shakes the bulletproof glass at my local indoor range and blows the targets around :) I can just imagine how those .308 pistols must sound...

I would say S&W 460es (snub 460) takes the cake.

Otherwise snub 357 mag, 30 carbine, snub .44 or 4 inch 500 are pretty loud.

In semi, 229/239 .357sig, Desert Eagle or Five seveN.

Regardless, plugs and muffs every time!

357 Auto Mag is pretty rough as is the Ruger BH 30 Carbine. However I have to concur with others on Riflle calibers in a pistol.:eek:

My 10mm with full power loads.
satuvesy.jpg

Charter Arms .44 Special,,,

This little girl is definitely in the "Loudenboomer" class of handguns.

CharterArmsBulldog.jpg

I think it's because of the short barrel,,,
But it's definitely louder than my 6" Model 629.

And, it kills at both ends.

Aarond

Shadi Khalil

I will add that my MKIII is quite loud for a 22. Especially with stingers

Interesting--I too fire Stingers albeit not with a Ruger handgun (10/22 yes) but with either my SIG 1911-22, PT-22, Taurus 990, Beretta 21A, Phoenix HP-22 etc. but I do not notice in the least even hot .22LR loads from CCI or Aguila being in the "Loudest" category as suggested by the thread's subject header. Granted the last time I fired a MK model was when I qualified for my CCW license some nine+ years ago now (guns provided by school) so maybe my memory fails me here :confused:...

Loudest,baddest,pistols

.600,.650 and .700 nitro express for big game hunting.
Made a .500 smith feel like a .380

Nitro express,mean,loud and can hurt you if your dont have proper technique,grip and stance.

9915dca702c0ea08a1aab7dbe70eb7d8.jpg

Look at little .454 cartridge compared to nitro!!
05e4cc0b6322b9a45e7913c767aeaa3a.jpg

Last edited:
Loudest Handgun

The one I'm shooting at the time, since all others are just sitting there making no noise!!

.600,.650 and .700 nitro express for big game hunting.
Made a .500 smith feel like a .380

Is than an "Elephant Pistol" you have there? Who makes the barrel for that and where's the video of shooting it?

Until I got my Coonan it was my BFR in 45-70/450 marlin, but the Coonan is louder with more muzzle blast. Especially with the 5 inch barrel (I usually carry/shoot it with the 6 inch barrel)

Actually, for no bigger than it is, caliber and size, my sig p938 is pretty darn loud. Fun to shoot and a great CCW option, but I'd hate to ever unload 6-7 shots from inside my car w/o ears...but no bad enough not to if needed...

I'll add another vote for the AK47 pistol also. Between its loudness and flash, it would scare a person to death before getting hit by its rounds.

That darn Draco.

Dad decided to shoot it out back one day. We can shoot right along the length of the back of the house.

Only it was summer and I was reading in my chair right next to the window with a screen in it.

:eek:

When Dad came back in, I was still curled in my chair with my book, but I had my ears on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back