what is your loudest handgun ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, all my pistols are mentioned here :D :D
Probably my 357 with 125gr (S&W TRR8), followed by the Five-seveN, then the CZ-52. The 5.7 is most "obnoxious" due to its higher-pitched roar (which crosses the pain threshold sooner). They're all stupid loud, though, kinda tough to choose :p

TCB

Currently my CZ 52 holds my own record. It's pretty loud.

Of all the handguns I have fired? 30 carbine Blackhawk.

The IMI Desert Eagle in .50 AE is downright rude too, not only loud but a huge pressure wave to boot.

My .44 mag T/C Contender is also loud when I load it "warm"

T/C Contender .45-70 Super 16, Magnaported. Really hacks people off, so I don't fire it at ranges anymore. Could be because of it blowing out the wall furnaces also, though.:p

Both my 10mms are pretty loud too.;)

My 4" RH in .44Mag shooting at 1350fps without a doubt.

Not so loud compared to some guns listed here but head and shoulders above the rest of my handguns (.22LR, 9mm, .38spl...:rolleyes:)

The Dan Wesson 357max.. Flame cuts the top strap, and eats the forcing cone out of the barrel in 1,000rds.. Ridiculous loud..

has anyone made the "the one I have to shoot inside my house" joke yet?

In all honesty the only handguns I've had to shoot without my ears on - at least in recent years - have been my XDS in .45 (shooting was the climax of an underwear-clad midnight sprint across the lawn chasing a fox) and some .22 out of my mkIII (turning ducks into food).
Between those two, I'd definitely say the XDS wins.

I believe my draco ak pistol is considered a handgun right? :D that certainly is the loudest pistol I've had the liberty of shooting.

If you dont appreciate that answer I guess it would have to be my
S&W 686

Not mine but a friend had a AMT Automag II in 22 mag., that thing was super loud huge muzzle flash but zero recoil, nothing seemed to match when shooting that thing.

had a 30 carbine Ruger... & I'll agree it was loud... but for me. it would be a toss up between my ported 14" 45-70 Contender, & my ported 50 A.E. Automag ( the Automag is the smallest lightest of the auto guns chambered in 50 A.E. ) BTW my Alaskan in 454 Casull is also loud, but not as loud as the 45-70 or big 50... porting may have something to do with that ???

I don't know if it's louder than anyone Else's, but my 1911-A1 .45 ACP is the loudest handgun that I have, it's not incredibly loud, but it's loud enough.

Ruger 30 carbine pistol or my T33 7.62.25
Fired side by side will knock the rust off the rafters at the range.

Like an icepick through your eardrums, but in a good way :D

.22 Magnum from handgun is surprisingly loud too.

Sharpest crack? 30 carbine Blackhawk. It's nowhere near as loud as my 22-250 and 308 T/C pistols.

Loudest most unholy planet colliding blast? My ported T/C barrel in 460 S&W.
I'm not sure if I should be proud of or ashamed of the day I was asked to move from the indoor pistol range over to the rifle range. It seems there was a CHL class taking their shooting test on the other side of the wall from me. Each time I lit off a round their cable-hung targets would bounce and sway. :D

Did you know that the factory 200 gr Hornady SST rounds for the 460 S&W would exit an Encore pistol at 2690 fps? That's top end 30-06 territory. :D

Yeah, I've been "that guy" at the range for many years. However, I try to show courtesy to others and not blast their faces or disturb their shooting.

Mine is quite modest. I don't have any real nasty bear guns. The S&W.629CL in..44 Mag.with.a.5".barrel is.probably.the.loudest. The.Ruger GP.100 .357 Mag at 4".does.bark a bit.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back