what is your loudest handgun ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other indoor range users have commented that my .454 Casull 7.5" Ruger Super Redhawk is distractingly loud, especially when I'm shooting my full-house 250 gr. handloads.

Funny thing is, with doubled-up hearing protection, it doesn't seem excessively loud from the shooter's perspective directly behind the gun; it's only when someone else is shooting the gun and I'm standing slightly behind and to one side, that I get to experience what the others are talking about.

My 4" Redhawk .45 Colt.

Especially when loaded to the gunwales with 24gr of H-110 and a 335gr CP WFNGC. It bucks. It roars. It belches out giant orange fireballs and will probably ignite my tent and sleeping bag if ever called on for its primary purpose. :D

Not mine

My buddy has an S&W ported revolver called "The Trailboss" in .44 magnum with 3" barrel. I stupidly fired it ONCE without hearing protection. My ears rang for two days afterwards. Even with headphones on I don't like to shoot it much more than a cylinder full at a time.

Ruger Alaskan

My loudest gun is my Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull loaded to the max charge and bullet weight.

That 2 1/2" barrel snub-nose is LOUD !!!!!!

Loudest I ever shot probably goes to a TC in 44-440. Loudest I own recently went to the Coonan .357. It is pretty ridiculous on the decibel level but a lot of fun to shoot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back