What is the most fun handgun gun you have ever shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of actual fun, as teenagers in the 60s in Miami, it would have to be my friend's 9 shot Hi-Standard Sentinel revolver. We would go into the mangrove swamps along the Intracoastal Waterway and slaughter blue land crabs by the hundreds. They were wily little bastards, too. They blended into the mud and were extremely hard to see, and you couldn't get any closer than 30 feet or so before they would duck down into their holes. They really honed my "jungle" observation skills. LOL!

My favorite to shoot is my Coonan Classic. The most fun rounds are the light 110 grain bullets with a heavy load of H110 behind them. They have a lot of roar and get peoples attention at the range.

I also like to Shoot my BFR in 45-70 Govt. My favorite rounds are 550 grain bullets doing about 850 FPS because they don't kick real hard but make the gongs really ring when they hit.

p.s. I also had a chance to shoot a FN 5.7 a while back and it is fun as well but I doubt ill ever buy one.

I picked up my FN 57 this week and took it to the range late in the afternoon. The fireball on every round was impressive :)

This thread is nearly old enough to have a birthday... and I STILL can't convince myself I have a favorite handgun. For me, it depends on who I'm shooting with mostly. My 2nd oldest daughter likes 'old school', so we wring out the replicas and pre-war S&W's. My oldest daughter likes modern Sigs. My 2nd oldest boy digs AR's & other semi-auto rifles. I like working on firearms, so I get a big kick out of buying GS Specials, throwing new parts at them, and making them safe and shootable- so I guess whatever my bench spits out as a success story is my favorite that day. I have current LEO friends and retired LEO friends- so shooting handguns from their era's are always a hoot- .41 Mags, .357 Mags, .38 Specials, etc. I even shoot with a gentleman who carried a .45lc S&W Model 25 (although mine is .45ACP).

And, there's the days when I used to shoot Bullseye Pistol- there were .22's, .38's, and .45's. Recently, the TSRA Match Director for Running Target started a Running Target Pistol Match- so out come the S&W Model 41, Buck Mark, and S&W Model 17.

Man, I hope I never have to be forced to choose a favorite. That would be tough.

Stoeger Luger .22, feels good in hand, accurate, and something about that toggle action just makes it a fun gun to shoot.

I'd say definitely the Kel Tec PMR-30: Fantastic trigger, good sights, excellent ergos, lightweight, almost no recoil, cheap to shoot, 30 rounds, pleasingly accurate, yet "substantial" in terms of power and range. Shoulda kept that one.

I also like shooting Aguila Super Colibris in my house out of a Heritage Rough Rider.

And of course, the Buckmark .22lr.

For centerfires, probably the funnest was a Taurus Raging Bull .44 mag with 8 and 3/8ths" bbl - I could nail the 200 yard half-sized ram about 8 times out of 10 once I learned the sight picture.

The only centerfire auto-pistol that would make the top 10 is a plain CZ 75 (9x19) - very accurate - fairly easy to hit a 4" steel plate at 25 yards (more than half the time).

I think the PMR definitely tops the fun list, I also agree uzis are up there.

any high cap, small caliber pistol is a blast. Krinks, ar pistols, PLR-16

kel-tec has the market on "fun guns", just wish they weren't so elusive

Probably a Ruger MkII(?) .22 with a very long barrel (at least 8" or more). I recall easily outshooting my friend, who was shooting at the same targets ~40-50 yds away with a SKS rifle. :D Laser beam accurate!

The general 1911/.45 ACP platform is hard to beat in terms of feeling natural and usable. Too many specific models to name.

HK P7.

S&W model 27 .357 Mag. Stunningly beautiful and sweet shooting. When I bought my 686P (itself a true classic), I was yearning for my first ever stainless revolver, and a modern platform. But I've since started to miss having tradition as an option....need to pick one of those up....

I have a feeling I would really dig a Desert Eagle in .357 and .44 Mag as well, no need to go to the gigantic calibers.

Ruger MK series pistols, that is if you can actually find ammo to feed it. I miss the days of walking into any gun shop and walking out with two 500rd bricks for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back