What is the most fun handgun gun you have ever shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single Action: a .357 Ruger Blackhawk (6-1/2" Bbl.)

Double Action: a .44 Mag. Ruger Redhawk (5" Bbl)

Each stuffed with handloads from the far side of the table headed "Ruger Only". Love noise & flames.:D

Two firearms they really turn my key at the range:
P226 in 9MM with 20 rd mags.
Ruger Mark III Hunter. The most accurate rimfire pistol I have ever used. Period. Softballs at 100 yards with bulk ammo are no problem for that beauty.

When I decided to learn to shoot I went to the range and ended up renting a S&W 686 that happened to have the CT laser on it. Shooting that thing with .38s was a lot of fun. With the CT in single action it was stupid accurate, even for a complete beginner.

I have a Mauser P-08 Luger that was re-arsenalled in either Russia or East Germany that came over to me in the early 90's after the Berlin Wall fell, and all the former Combloc stuff started coming over in bulk. I've been shooting it pretty regularly for years, and it always puts a smile on my face. I have read a lot about Lugers being finicky about ammo, but I have never had a failure with this gun. It feeds EVERYTHING including my flat point reloads, hollow points, FMJ, LSWC. It is also very accurate, and a hoot to shoot.

Anyone who doesn't say a .22 pistol with a can probably hasn't ever shot one!

Not a hand gun but an MP5 fully suppressed and select fire is just way too much fun. You can hear the bullets hit down range.

For hand guns, I have fun with them all. The most fun one I have shot lately is a 1911 inspired Coonan .357 Another that sticks out for me was dad's S&W mod. 29 .44 with an 8&3/8" barrel.

Ramline 22 Auto

This Ramline 22 Auto...Plus it's the coolest looking too!:}

20614_5xpajukvaejwvglvvdu.jpg

You are gonna laugh,,,

But one gun that always goes to the range with me,,,
Is my little Taurus 22-PLY.

33-scilla.JPG

For just pure fun it's very difficult to beat,,,
9-rounds of .22 LR as fast as you can pull the trigger.

It's just a blast to shoot.

The bonus is that it is a natural pointer for me,,,
I once ran a faux rimfire steel challenge course with it,,,
I did almost as well with it as when I use my Ruger 22/45's. :cool:

People at the range always chuckle when I bring her out,,,
But they also stand in line to give her a try,,,
The gun is $201.00 of pure fun.

Try one if you ever get a chance,,,
Mine runs well and cheaply on Federal Bulk Pack.

Aarond

This Ramline 22 Auto...Plus it's the coolest looking too!:}

I hope it is fun because that is one ugly gun. :p

Maybe you should start an ugliest gun thread with that as the first contestant.:)

Most fun for me has to be my super blackhawk 4 5/8 44mag, shooting 44 special. Or any of of my 1911s. Still cant find 22s at a price I am willing to pay.

The gun that is the most fun for me to shoot is my Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22P pistol. Everyone who has shot it just starts smiling after the first few rounds. And, then they proceed to empty the magazine with increasing rapidity. It's just plain fun!:D

The must fun gun I ever shot was a S&W model 31...a .32 S&W Long. Sweet, unpretentious little gun that was a joy to shoot double-action. Almost no recoil, but still a center-fire. I shot it with 93 grain cast bullets from a Lee mould. Had to sell that gun to finance grad school, but now have an old S&W .32 S&W Long hand ejector, so I am back in the fun-shooting buisness. Because it is a fun gun, I do not worry about stopping power, self-defence, hunting big game, etc. I have big, not-so-fun guns for those purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back