What Handgun Have You Had The Longest

Kimber Custom Target II. It was the the first handgun that I purchased myself, and might have been the first firearm altogether that wasn't given to me.

Smith Model 10 38 Special-Baltimore Police stamped on the backstrap.

Butter smooth action and very accurate too.

She kept her officer safe all those years and she helps me keep my family safe at home now.

She's a keeper.

Smith and Wesson model 17-4 that I traded for around 2000. While not my first handgun purchase, that belongs to a model 410, it's the one I still own. No plans on it ever leaving, I'm the second owner. It'll belong to my son someday.

Btw, it's a fine shooter!

A High-Standard Sentinel nine shot .22 revolver. It was given to my Father as a present from my Grandfather in 1965 when he has 14. I learned how to shoot with that gun and I inherited it from him when he passed away six and half years ago.

I shoot it maybe twice a year and its still quite accurate and reliable. Of course I'll never get rid of it and if I have a child that's the gun I'll teach him or her how to shoot with.

My longest period is a Beretta 950 .25, I sold all my other guns in the middle to late 80's, but it stuck around.

In 2006, I started buying guns again. The first one I bought is my Dan Wesson 715 VH6" with custom sights in near mint condition. I got the gun, box, 3 grips, some parts, the tool, and a gun rug, for a whopping $269. I have no idea why it went for such a low price. Nobody really bid on it.

The .380 and larger semiauto that I've had the longest is my "Mossad" Tanfoglio Compact.

Back