What Handgun Have You Had The Longest

SIG Sauer P228R I bought new in December of 2011. I got my permit January of that year, and went through a couple handguns, but all have since been sold/traded away except that SIG...

A PA-63

My first handgun was an FEG PA63. Bought it back around 1989, amongst the first of these to come in to the US. Found it in Shotgun News for the princely sum of 89.00 bucks. My FFL boss ordered it up for me, with the warning that it was an oddball caliber.
The first of these were Ex E. German STASI pistols. I finally had to put a new spring in it a year ago or so.

Surprised what these go for these days, mine is not for sale.

toolsofthetrade_small.jpg

S&W model 10...Feb. 1965. Factory new cost $48, original cuffs were an additional $12. Hinged cuffs came later. Pay was $79 a week.

Colt Huntsman
Tell us more!

I got my 1955 Huntsman at the end of last summer. It was my third Woodsman or variant. I was in the search for a Challenger, simply because that's what my Father owned (and my brother gets) and after I found the Challenger, I decided I wanted another Challenger with the longer six-inch barrel, and the Huntsman presented itself and now it's mine.

Big fan.

First handgun I bought was this Ruger Single Six in 1959 - it's still a very smooth wheelgun, although most of the finish has worn off the backstrap & trigger guard:

Guns075_zps446b6d67.jpg

Back