What Handgun Have You Had The Longest

The longest held handgun, currently, is the first 'brand new' handgun I ever purchased. P226. 1989.

The most recent is an X5 picked up around Christmas.

Ruger KGP100 6" bbl.

Not my first handgun, but the oldest I still own. Bought it almost 20 years ago, and it's still my nightstand piece.

Hey, someone should go over and ask this same question in the general rifle section, only ya know... rifles.

In 1975 I added the S&W sights and ivory stocks. Used in a self defense shooting in 1975. Stolen in a burglary in 1985 it was recovered by police about 6 months later. In 2012 I had it engraved.

It's been around the block.
Dang, son - now that's a gat with a story behind it! :)

dakiwi13 - Charger?

686 since 89. I won't ever get rid of it.
What barrel length?

"Maurice the FrankenRuger" started out as a brand new Ruger New Vaquero in 357Mag in 2005. It is now...very, very different . 9mmPara conversion, gas-powered shell ejector, magazine feeding, post-modern sights.

Ha, ha - I'd like to see a picture and video of that!!

The first handgun I ever purchased was a Ruger Stainless Single six, back in 1975, but it's been wore out and long gone, however I do have a replacement, now, but I don't think think that was the OP's question.

The handgun I still own and have owned the longest is a 5 inch Colt 1911, and I have also probably shot it the most.

Back