What Handgun Have You Had The Longest

SouthJK verbatum
same gun, same year.
Currently my best friend has almost convinced me to sell it to him. Almost.

:eek: Don't do it, Colt46. That is pretty wild that you got the same gun at the same time. Even weirder is that my best friend and I bought them at the same time. He later sold his and regrets it all the time. Each time I see him and the subject of guns comes up he ask me to sell mine to him. Not going to happen.

That would be Li'l Bertha - Caution - Eye searing photo

This is Li'l Bertha.

38-LilBertha.jpg

This was the first handgun I ever purchased with my own money.

I purchased it at a garage sale in Oklahoma City in 1965,,,
If I recall correctly, I paid a whopping $5.00 for it,,,
I surely did not tell my Mom.

The front sight fell off somewhere in the middle of the first box of 22 short cartridges,,,
I told my Dad that I took it off myself so it would clear my pocket easier.

He said that was a great idea.

When I pulled it on someone and they took it from me and shoved it up my butt,,,
Without that front sight it wouldn't hurt near as badly coming back out.

I still have this gun,,,
I had forgotten all about it,,,
But it was in a box of stuff in my sisters attic,,,
Right there with my Beatle Boots and other 1960's treasures.

Aarond

A Smith M19-3 with a six inch barrel...bought it new in Del Rio, TX in 1975. I can't begin to count the rounds through it...I'd estimate over 5000. I've never been an all day, shoot 200 rounds at the range kind of guy...for me, it's more like three or cylinder fulls on a woods walk. Too, I've always lived on the edge of town or on a farm outright, so I never felt like I've got to get to the range...I had my own, right there in the back yard.

I'd have answered a Ruger Single Six Convertible, 3-screw a few months ago, but some hop head SOB kicked in my daughter-in-laws door and stole it. I hope he chokes on it....

Best regards, Rod

I bought this Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum in May of 1958 while I was stationed at Ft. Ord, (actually Camp Roberts) California:

My log book places it in excess of 17,000 rounds fired through it.

Bob Wright

^ Bob is making it hard to resist buying a single action, every time he posts a picture I get a little twitch, lol.

I'm new to handguns.. so mine is 2.25" SP101 .357 mag, July 2013, lol...... I plan on keeping this one always though..

S&W model 27-2 ....( 4" Nickel ) ...( .357 mag ) ....in 1974. First gun I bought on my own...

( and its still one of the top 5 guns in my safe today ) ....and although I've been turning some of my collection ( given away about 20 handguns and some shotguns) over to my adult kids in the last year or so , I still have 13 S&W revolvers...and 9 semi-auto handguns. ---- but I haven't given up any of my model 27s...even though I've let them have some model 19's, 66's and 686's..../ the model 27's will stay until I die )....:D

a used 4" stainless GP-100 in 357, bought in 1988... back then I thought I'd buy the most versatile handgun I could get, & could borrow anything else I'd need from my ( then ) soon to be FIL... had the same idea with a rifle... a stainless Ruger 77 in .243 Win.

... still have both, but have since then bought everything else I might ever need, & then some... I'm sure my FIL chuckles in his grave... I was SO naive back then :o

a 22 caliber semi auto Unique model 52. I've had it about 45 years and I once lost it in the woods over the winter and found it again the next spring. it is still a great gun. I bought it used for $25.

Ruger 22/45, my older sister got it as a graduation gift for me and I would never part with it. Most of my handguns have been carry guns, and I constantly buy and sell them, but the 22/45 is here to stay.

Last edited:
Back