What dream gun would you like to see gunmakers build?

LukeA said:
OK, A bolt gun with the knob and rotation on the left, forward part of the bolt and the ejection port on the right but still stocked for a right shooter. I get tired of moving my firing hand everytime I cycle.

Ohhh, just watch that right thumb when you pull back that bolt handle:eek:

Roger that.
I was just remembering my first outing with my brothers bolt-action 20 gauge shotgun. (age about 15) I was shooting left handed, as I tend to do from time to time. After the shot, I reached up with my right hand and re-charged the bolt....raking a nice cunk of flesh off the top of my left thumb:(

Jo6pak, CZ makes some bolt-action rifles chambered in 6.5x55: 1, 2, 3.

I think Sako also has some rifles chambered in 6.5x55mm. There are others out there. I believe the 6.5x55mm is much more popular in Europe, so most European manufacturers probably have them.

My dream gun would actually be a .22 rim fire that would push a 62gr .22 caliber bullet as fast as a .223rem will push it and the ammo would be as cheap. I guess what I want is some kind of magic supercharged powder that will fit into a .22 rim fire case, but wouldn't blow the gun up.....:)

Jo6pak, CZ makes some bolt-action rifles chambered in 6.5x55: 1, 2, 3.

Wow, It's true what they say "Dreams really do come true" :).......for a price.:( Thanks for the heads up, Distortion

I would love to see an AR10/15, M4 style carbine 16", flatop with collapsable stock, in .243. Would be a great all around gun.

Call me old fashioned but nothing is better in my book than a M-14 with a 22" barrel, standard walnut stock, and the ergonomics of the most beautiful woman.

That's a picture of an M1 Garand. You don't use the word ergonomic in one of your pick up lines, do you?:rolleyes:

More rifles in 6.5x55 and .264WM. Especially a Ruger #1 and Browning 1885.

A very reliable FAL (or G-3) for $400 that is Not assembled by '******* ****' , but the main thing is to have .308 or 30-06 ammo (non-corrosive) easily available in the US at .25/rd.
Other than the economy, does one of these factors explain why so many are on 'Gunbroker' etc?

Have no interest in either gun or M-1A, only because such a low price for .308 ammo is an unrealistic dream. Therefore just acquired a Garand, and a heap of 60s "LC" ammo at .40/rd.

Last edited:
A wooden stocked gas-operated carbine in pistol calibers that uses readily available pistol magazines (1911 for .45, M9 for 9mm, etc).

Think a Ruger police carbine/Marlin camp carbine that could handle hot loads, or a pistol caliber M1 carbine.

I'd like to see Ruger build a slightly larger LCP in 9MM, and make the LCR in .327 mag. I'd also like to see Glock build a thinner single stack 9MM.

Back