What dream gun would you like to see gunmakers build?

mine

I'd like to see Ruger bring back the .44 auto carbine, the more recent box mag version. Turn some good engineers loose to work up a magazine that will offer 10-15 rds, despite the rims on the case. Offer a flush 5 round version also, to hunt with. Heck, the SMLE and the Drag did it.

While I'm at it, another carbine, in .45ACP and 10mm, more durable than the Marlin Campers, something along the lines of the Ruger Police Carbine, to take Glock mags. Not as funky as the Berretta CX or whatever they call it.

Remington, make me a Rem pump w/ 16.5 to 18" bbl in .308. Parkerized, synthetic stock, a Police Pump, NOT in .30'06. Mag capacity not an issue.
Didn't they do that, briefly???

Wish the Ruger XGI would have worked.

A factory Garand Tanker.

Finally, what about a Garand, or copy, worked over to function with .22lr????

I would like to see a quality side by side stainless or blued steel modern day Howdah pistol with outside hammers chambered for a fast burning powder cartridge, such as 50 Linebaugh or 454 Casull (versus the muzzle flash specials chambered for slow burning powder cartridges such as 45-70). I would like it to be a full Howdah size with appropriate sized grips (versus the silly mini grips on the old Cobray 45/410 double). The action should be capable of handling cartridges in the 80,000 PSI class. Possibly with a hump on the grip like the Ithca Auto Burglar to prevent rolling, or not. No rear sight of course, but a fiber optic front sight for general alignment would be okay. Some engraving or blue case hardening would be nice. Maybe both, reminiscent of an old Purdey double rifle.

I would like a Browning 1885 High Wall in .270.

I really want a really nice light lever gun chambered in .327 federal magnum.

My dream rifles exist already, for the most part. I could live with just one superbly accurate bolt-gun (Maybe a Sako or a Cooper) in a good all around cartridge like .280Rem or 6.5 Swede. If I had millions I would probably fill my safe with Coopers in many variations. I just like their aesthetic design language and I prefer push-feed actions because I like to single load.

How about another run of the Model 1895 Winchester, if they aren't actually being made now. There are some very interesting "non-catalogued" lever guns but I've not actually seen any to comment on the fit and finish. Anyway, I'm not going to get picky about the chambering but .30-06 is as good as any.

The last Model 1895 Winchester I saw was in London, England.

For my likes, it would be a more affordable line of M1A's opened up to ctg's like .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260, 7-08... and maybe the .22-250 if it would help boost production and lower the cost.

We did this last year and it was kind of fun.

What new product would you like to see the gun makers build? What's your dream gun that nobody is making? What old gun would you like to see reserected? What nifty new concept gun do you want in the safe?

I'll put this post in handguns & shotguns also.
A supressed moduler auto for CC, like a Sig 320 with veriable calibers, sizes and magazine capacity, but with a built-in integral sound supresser.

For my likes, it would be a more affordable line of M1A's opened up to ctg's like .243, 6.5 Creedmoor, .260, 7-08... and maybe the .22-250 if it would help boost production and lower the cost.

That would be pretty awesome too.

Actually, I'd like a PS90 that runs 22 magnums.

That way, when people want to try it and just make noise with it, ammo costs are quite a bit less than my "real" one. I'll keep my 5.7 version for myself ;)

Something Deja vu said
a semiautomatic 357 magnum carbine
got me to thinking. When the M1 Carbine came out- I wish like the dickens that they would have chambered that thing in a Rimless .357 Magnum. That would be dandy.

-Remington, Winchester and/or Savage to make a long action bolt rifle chambered in .284 Winchester with 1:9 twist

-Remington, Winchester and/or Savage to make a bolt action rifle chambered in 6mm Remington with 1:7 twist

-Remington, Winchester and/or Savage to make a bolt action rifle chambered in .257 Roberts.

Colt used to sell a Sauer "drilling" in 12g 3" over a .30-06 and I think a 20g 3" over a .243W.

Have no use for a .243W but being a convert to the 6.5mm, would like to see a 12g 3" .260 Rem or a 20 3" over the .260 Rem.

Would also like the 12g 3" over the .30-06 or .308W, .338-06, .358W or .35 Whelen.

Next would be the Savage 42 made in many of the same combinations as the original Savage 24 plus additional cartridges.

Combos such as a .17, the .22LR, .22Mag, .223R, 7.62X39mm, .30-30W and .44Mag over both 12g 3" and 20g 3".

Then a Savage or Savage Custom Shop rifle in 6.5-06 and .338-06.

Almost forgot, a modern Savage 99 firing modern cartridges and some of the original, older cartridges...

T.

Last edited:
I'm not one of those into military assault look a-likes or tactical sniper like weaponry. "I'm sure as heck tired of bolt actions period!!"

Something made to my spec's for us game hunters in a lever would be appreciated. Having a slicked out short stroke bolt ridding on bearings & a short skinny 20" cryogenics treated barrel screwed on would be appealing. No doubt such rifle has to have a graphite/boron like stock having some sort of factory hidden and fully adjustable recoil reduction system built in. Yup!! light weight with recoil reduction. Well because of its chamberings of course> Those Winchester Short Mags would do nicely.

Heck yes!! if such rifle/s were made I'd buy two right from the-get-go. One for me and the other for Sunday use. Never can tell. I might even trade in my Savage 99s for such a prize rifle or two.~~~?~~maybe. _;)

Seeing as I'm not a big fan of the AR platform or the .223/5.56x45 round, I would love to have a C93 in 6.8 Rem spl. And just for kicks and giggles, a lever gun in .357 Maximum. Of course a .50/90 double rifle would be nice.

Back