What dream gun would you like to see gunmakers build?

I love a lot of the suggestions above. I will start by stating state the direction I would love manufacturers to head in:

1. Weather resistant stainless and synthetics more available. My generation is lazier than the boomers who are lazier than the WWII/Korea generation. Lets cut down on some of this maintenance and forget about scratches/flaking.
2.Standard mags, especially for rifles chambered in "military" cartridges. Why in the world would you not use Glock mags in a double stack pistol/carbine?

The only specific design is one I could not afford at present. A stainless steel lever action 308 or 30-06 in stainless/synthetic made to "Ruger" specs with a fixed mag, preferably internal like the Savage 99.

Write a letter to your favorite firearms company. They listen a little. If they suddenly got 100 letters asking for a specific thing(which could easily be pulled off on this site, I think they would look at it. I just got an idea.

Last edited:
For hunting I'd love to see a .35 Whelen or 338/06 chambered in both the Browning BLR and BAR. While you're at it, why not throw in the .338 Fed in both as well!

nine years old....lol.:eek:

I want that magpul FMG 9 ....

Im setting up Two 1911's right now for use with the double virtical holsters from " last man standing " ( I love that movie). Now my dream would be to have both the 1911's hold 30-40 rnds of .45 with out changing the size of the magazine just like the ones in the movie!!! LMAO!! that would be SHWEEEET!!!

maybe a short 12inch coach gun that shot that new 12g grenade round !!!

on the outrageous front I would like a sxs pump shotgun:eek:
I guess it would have to eject out the bottom like a browning bps.
I think it would be absurdly neat.

New model 70 featherweight stainless with a mcmillan edge stock.That wouldd be the perfect lighweight rifle.

Probably a mini rem 700, blueprinted, 6mm, .223, parkerized, light synthetic stock with a tool compartment in it's buttstock,..for extra ammo or cleaning kit; boresnake.;)

I'd like to see the Marlin Camp Carbines come back, preferably both .45 and .9mm, as well as the Model 56/57. While I'm dreaming, a box magazine fed .22LR pump would be cool. And I'd like to see more companies offer more of their models with stainless/synthetic/laminated options.

Double-Barreled Contenders,,,

Hey, as long as we are dreaming,,,
TC should come out with a double frame and barrels,,,
I just still have that Safari fantasy from watching old movies as a kid.

I think they already make all the kinds of guns I could ever want,,,
Just make them so I could afford the danged things,,,
Then I would be a very happy camper.

But if I were to be more serious,,,
More mfgrs should make .22 LR versions,,,
Of their very best selling pistols and revolvers.

I was torn between a CZ-75B and another pistol,,,
The fact that CZ made the .22 Kadet pushed me to the Czech side.

Call me old fashioned but nothing is better in my book than a M-14 with a 22" barrel, standard walnut stock, and the ergonomics of the most beautiful woman.

garand_ww2_t.jpg

One of them there plastic guns since this thread is ten years old...how 'bout a mini with a fatter barrel....and cell phone with internet and you tube and everything.....

Wow, some great ideas there.

My #1 wish would be for a Daewoo K2 style upper that would fit on an AR15 lower reciever. 5,56mm would be OK but since we are dreaming I'll make it 6.8mmSPC or 6.5 Grendel. 16" medium contour bbl with full length top picatinny rial.

Another dream rifle would be a modern bolt gun, preferrably a Rem 700 in 6.5x55mm Swede.

Or how about a 7 barrel, hopper fed, .22 cal minigun:p

In the realm of fantasy guns I would like to see the Gnasher Shotgun. I'm not going to explain that one 'cuz you'll think I'm a nerd...

I would like to see some old Euro style rifles made modern. A CZ that actually looks like an old German sporter, a new production Lee Speed Rifle complete with express sights. Those are the things dreams are made of.

Model 70, (New FN model) 26 in bull barrel, 1-10 twist, in '06, with a clip guide for the use of stripper clips. Bedded in a Walnut, impregnated Marksman stock. Ajustable butt plate, for angles and vertical.

Sling swivels for a Military leather sling, and a rail for a palm type adjustable hand stop.

Mounts for a Unertal 10 X scope and blocks for the Redfield Oly. Sights.

I like the K2 AR mix for the Assualt design.

OK, A bolt gun with the knob and rotation on the left, forward part of the bolt and the ejection port on the right but still stocked for a right shooter. I get tired of moving my firing hand everytime I cycle.

Bottleneck this bottleneck that, Bottleneck a 45ACP or so, down to something like .355/7 region. just 'cause!!

An autoloading or pump shotgun with the mag tube on top and the barrel on the bottom. It would load from the top and eject out the bottom. The stock could be straight with no drop and could house a buffer tube or shock absorber. The grip could come from an AR (i.e. be interchangeable) and maybe the stock too, depending on the design. The gun would be totally ambidextrous and would use either Remington or Mossberg barrels.

Back