What dream gun would you like to see gunmakers build?

the silenced remington 700 steven seagal used in marked for death but we all know that making it that quiet is very hard

How about a double barrel semi auto colt 45? It would have an alternating fire mechanism between the two barrels. :eek: Hey you said a dream gun!

SXS with an ejector on either side. It would have standard 30 rd mags or 100 rd drums. It would also have an optional 9mm conversion kit. :eek: Someone somewhere would buy it!

I would like to see the original Savage (Model 40 ?) combo gun in 22 Hornet over 410 gauge. Several combinations come to mind...

.44 magnum semi-auto carbine (similar to Ruger Deerfield) with 10+ capacity magazine.

stainless 12 ga pump shotgun with .22 single shot on top as a survival weapon.

holy cow the first set of posts on this was from 2000.

but would love to see the full auto 1911 that John Dillinger supposedly had.

I'd like to see a company like CZ build two nice bolt action rifles... first one would be chambered in 7.62x54 (you get to use all that cheap ammo, and have a hunting rig w/ similiar power to the 30-06) and here is the big one. I'd like to see a nice bolt action gun from CZ that is chambered for the 7.62x25. Ammo is soooooo cheap. It has decent power for nice kill shots on coyotes, fox, ground hogs ect. It is fast enough to shoot fairly flat. Also it does not create that high velocity rifle impact and if it goes through the animal is not going to leave a fist size hole.

I'd also like to see a quality m1 carbine styled gun that shoots the 7.62x25 as well.

I'd like the prices of double rifles to be much lower, and then made into some american cartridge chambered ones would be sweet. like over/under 45-70's, and 30-06's.

But the 7.62x25 is key that caliber is BEGGING to be used in some nice rifles.

LongRifle, although I appreciate that you have found the search function, sometimes it's better to start a new thread instead of resurrecting one that's 9 years old :eek:.

My dream gun? I want something I can afford. Something cheap. Something cheap and ugly. Something as cheap as it is ugly. Something so simple, it makes the AK look positively refined. I want the Hipoint version of a .223 or 7.62x39 carbine. If it sells well enough, a .308 version. Why not?

Maybe something like a semiautomatic version of the TRW LMR

trwlmr1.jpg

trwlmr2.jpg

Or, perhaps something like a semiautomatic version of the T2 MK5

800pxleadert2mk5rifle.jpg

leadert2mk5carbine.jpg

A dream gun? Well, I do lots of dreaming and not just about guns. I've already owned lots of dreamy guns. A couple I'd like to own again. Starting with those, I'd love to have a good Colt New Service in .45 Colt, 5" or 6" barrel. I had one but it wasn't new. (I also love Police Positive Specials) Likewise, I'd like to have a like-new No. 4 Lee-Enfield. I had one that was practically brand new. That one was made in the late 50's but I can no long make reference to any details. Although it was brand new, practically, it was still strictly issue grade. No Mitchell Mauser.

It is hard to think of anything else that isn't actually available, even in reproduction form. I'm really not very adventurous or particularly progressive, so I'm not ready to have a Savage 99. However, there is one thing I can think of that no one's ever made.

H&R made a run of .45-70 Springfields. I had one of the carbines and I understand they made the long rifles, too, though I've never seen one. I think one with a mid-length barrel (32 inches?) and full stocked (not to the muzzle) would be interesting, even if it wasn't any handier than the carbine. Just different! And oh, yeah, a regular rubber sporting style buttpad.

Remington, Winchester, Savage and Ruger to all make factory bolt-action match rifles in .308, .223, 6.5, 6.8, 7mm-08 chamberings with stipper clip slots, match triggers, proper bedding, and redfield bases for about $1500 a piece.

Second dream = Thousands more Americans take up NRA High Power match shooting as a sport, making it economically viable for those companies to make those rifles...

I've said it once, I'll say it again. I want a carbine, either based on the Camp Carbine, PC-9, or an AR 9mm upper kit but chambered for 7.62x25mm and that used PPSH-43 magazines or PPSH-41 drums.

I'd also like Bushmaster/Magpul to poop or get off the pot with the ACR/Masada. I want the one in 7.62x39mm that takes AK mags. But at this point, I'd say getting an ACR would be about the same odds as winning the lottery and buying a pet Sasquatch on the same day, then being struck by lightning and helped to the hospital by Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa driving a Rolls Royce Phantom. :mad:

A "predator" gun, weighing about 5#, (with scope), in either 6mm BR or 7mm BR, s.s., kevlar/graphite, 18 to 20" barrel - something you can carry up and downhill all day chasing bobcat and coyotes

Back