New members - please introduce yourselves here

Thanks for the forums, I've learned a lot from trolling the pages. I'm concerned about my country and it's direction. Grew up in eastern Oklahoma, have always had guns around, never thought or worried about it. Now, guns still aren't the issue, control is the issue. What have Americans done so wrong that we need to be controlled? We built the greatest nation on earth, liberated more people and have provided more hope than any nation on earth. Still believe it, still want it for my kids. Still willing to fight for it.

Hello guys... new to this forum. Just picked up a SA M1A from a good friend.. The rifle is new condition and a National Match... Looking for the born on date any help?????

thanks,

dlawm1a

Hi from Tennessee

Hi, I'm another Tennessee Hick.
I'm from Clarksville,TN. I love deer hunting but I am disabled and due to arthritis, I can no longer hunt unless it happens to be a warm day. Cold weather is painfull.
I collect knives and accumulate guns. I love to shoot. I started hunting and shooting when I was 12. I will be 65 in a little over a month.
I am here mostly because I found information here that I have not been able to find any where else. Thank you!

Hi guys I sighed up for the reloading fourm it seems to be the most active one out there.I'm now just looking though the other fourms.

Hi everybody. So good to be here! I'm Jim Lee. Been shooting a little over 50 years. I was a gunsmith with the old Mashburn Arms Co. in Oklahoma City 10 years and Southwest Shooter Supply 4 years. Haven't been a practicing gunsmith since the early 90's, but have been teaching it at the Canadian Valley Technology Center in El Reno, OK for 25 years. Favorite handgun is the old mod. Ruger single action. Have 9 and am always in the market to buy or trade for more any time the deal is right. Worked my way through college as a "gunfighter" at Frontier City, USA in OKC. Have an M1, an M1A, and a Mini-14 marked OHP on the receiver, but will always prefer old classics be they, Colt, Winchester, Mauser, Springfield, or antiquish stuff like that. Great forum.

Summit , NJ

Been on the forum for a while but haven't introduced myself. Live in Summit, NJ and semi retired. Means I will be going back to work one day.

Enjoy shooting and purchased my first pistol 4 months ago. I have introduced my (adult) son and his older cousin to shooting.

Anyone in the area, drop me a note and perhaps we can shoot together.

hi from southern USA

hi all, been lurking around for a few weeks and decided to join in, hope I can be of some positive presence :eek:

Hi I'm a newbie

Hello.
I didn't see this page when I first joined at the beginning of January. I'm a 70 year old newbie. Retired machinist and thought fishing was "IT". A friend gave me a 50 cal Hawken kit rifle as a retirement present, along with a few high quality air guns ( for plinking ) He's a gunsmith. Never owned or shot anything other than a bow and arow as a kid. Started the Kit and fell in love with the rifle. Went target shooting with the air guns and fell in love with the shooting sport. Finally shot the Hawken and "WOWEE" true love at first shot. The feel n the smell was unbelievable. It's an inexpensive kit gun I but I'm gonna inlet a brass patch box in it. I'm currently also trying to teach myself to carve so I can put something personal on the gunstock . Thats a long process for a shaky near sighted old man and I can tell I'll never be really good at it but it's my rifle and it only has to please me. The forum and the posters are great. The information is invaluable. I read it several times a day and it's something I look forward too. My granddaughter (12) fell in love with the air gun shooting and went ballistic when she saw me shot the 50 cal. I loaded her up a light round and after she shot it, she couldn't stop smiling for a week. Her name is Jaeda hence my login name jspappap.

Safe shooting to you all
jspappap

Hi

Long time Gun owner here, New NRA member. For the obvious reasons I have a renewed interest in Firearms and the acquisition of what interests me. Interest picked up with the anticipated full service Gun Range opening up a few miles from me.
Guns I own

10 guage double barrel hammer shotgun, Belonged to my great Grandfather, I can trace it back to the 1880's It is a mantle piece only heirloom.
A bought new in 1961 Remington .22 Bolt action Nylon 12 in pristine condition
A Mossberg bolt action 3 shot .410 Shotgun handed down from my Grandfather currently getting a cosmetic reconditioning.Put a few squirrels on the table with it when I was a teenager.
A Taurus Model 66 6 inch barrel nickel plated .357 magnum purchased new.
A newly acquired Glock 23 .40 caliber.
A newly purchased Ruger 10 22 that is in the mail to my FFL dealer.
A ordered Henry Big Boy Lever action .357 magnum That I have long admired and finally pulled the trigger so to speak.

Hey everyone

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site surprisingly. I've been an avid gun enthusiast for about 12 years now and have never signed up for this forum. I live in Southern California for the time being. I grew up here but have been in the Air Force (now Reserve) for 12 years now.

I normally shoot my Rifles and shotguns. I used to have a few handguns, and am now getting back into them. I started reloading in December once ammo became scarce out here and that's been fun.

I hope to learn a lot from all the members here.

new from far east mississippi

New to the forums. Shoot and load for mostly black guns. I shot when I was a kid, rabbits and squirells mostly, trapped some beaver coon, possom, and anything else that had too much curiosity. Shot extensively during service deployments, and havn't found reason to stop yet.

I enyoy the knowledge and hope to benefit from rocks I have yet turn over,

Hey

Hello,

I am a relatively new shooter. I joined the Marine Corps right out of high school and learned how to shoot a rifle while in the Corps. I just recently got into shooting handguns, and I joined the NRA last year. I'm young, so I have a lot to learn in the ways of shooting, but I enjoy it a lot.

Hello from a newbie..

Howdy from West Texas..been hunting and shooting all my life..just getting back into reloading...been lurking for a while and decided to join..looking forward to learning from you guys!!!

New guy from Iowa

Hi all, I thought id say hello and give a quick intro...interested in learning about building kit form and/or guns/rifles from parts kits and hope to help in return...current guns: WW2 issue Springfield arms M1 Garand in shooter condition, 2-SKS Ugo rifles, Beretta 9 mil, several Black Powder replica revolvers and .50 cal Traditions rifle assembled from a kit. Next project, .45/.410 Lienad derringer kit from Excalibur and side plates and breech face from Jack Squats. Future hopeful project, AK-47 from parts kit.
Shawn

New gun owner from Northern VA

Hello all -

My wife and I live in the Northern VA suburbs - she, a retired USMC gunny, me- a corporate worker bee for the last 25+ years. As a Marine, she is pretty well versed and qualified on a variety of weapons, but never had one at home. I grew up in the South, and my exposure was limited to my grandmother's .22 rifle and double barrelled shotguns. Other than a few trips to the range when I was young (and an NRA safety class), that was the extend of my experience; I haven't owned a gun, ever. Until last weekend, that is - now that my wife and I are empty nesters, we decided to go ahead and look into getting handguns for home protection and/or enjoyment (casual shooters). We each did research, emphasis on reliability, accuracy, and comfort in the weapons, safety and security training for ourselves, as well as a safe and secure place to keep the weapons at home. This is the beginning of a journey together as responsible gun owners. Went to the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly last weekend (a packed event, no pun intended) - put our hands on many different guns, some we had researched - others we saw for the first time. She was pretty well fixed on getting an H&K compact (her hands are small) - and she wound up getting the H&K USP Compact 9mm. Quality, reliablity, good reputation. She said if she was going to invest, it would be in something made to last.

I was leaning toward a Walther, but at the show, I kept going back to a Tanfoglio TZ75 that was sitting on a table by itself - beautiful styling, nice weight, comfortable in the hand, but I knew nothing about them (I have learned plenty since). Moving along, my son-in-law, a happy Glock owner, was trying to steer me in that direction, but for reasons of personal taste, I just did not want a Glock. Period. Then, I spotted a brand spanking new IWI Baby Desert Eagle II. Solid build. Sleek. Like butter in the hand. Research came back extremely positive. It was like the Tanfoglio (in more ways than one, obviously)...but even better. I was sold. Picked up the BE9915R full sized 9mm in black steel. So now we are gun owners - signed up for Basic Pistol (it will be a refresher for her) to be followed by Home Defense course. Although I can't wait to get the the range to try these out, we are going to do it right - I have read the manuals front to back, practiced safety check procedures, dis-assembly and re-assembly, so that by class time and range time I will be as comfortable with my new responsibility as I can.

If you read all of this, thanks for your patience. This is a big step for us, and I look forward to learning and living. Peace through strength. Thanks, all. :)

New guy from Rhode Island

Hey TFL I'm Rob I grew up in Massachusetts and currently live in Rhode Island. I grew up in a house opposed to guns so only in the last three years have I really gotten to explore this passion. I have learned alot in these years but I know I still have alot to learn. I am a member of the NRA and an avid gun/bow hunter and shooter. I am currently trying to become a police officer as well as expand on my gun collection. Nice to meet you all. :)

Back