New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hi everybody

I'm Dr...well I'm not Dr. Nick. More like a guy in upstate NY who doesn't own a single firearm. I'm thinking about purchasing a handgun, but the array of brands, prices, styles, etc. has me baffled. I'm kind of indecisive and tend to waffle in general, so the high variety makes that even worse. Figured I would throw this out there to see if I might snare some first time buyer tips.

Hello from Ohio

I'm 39 year old male from Ohio. I have 2 passions, one of which is my firearms. I enjoy everything from Hunting to target shooting to competition shooting. (Exception being firing in prone position, whatever reason it's m weakness)

My second passion is programming, while I'm new to this forum and not entirely certain as to what's permitted and not, I will not post any links including in my signature block, (Unless told it's authorized) But, I've also created a website that is a "social network" style like facebook for firearms owners.

Enough of my ramblings...

Texan

I'm a retired, old guy in central Texas. Recently purchased a new Sig P938 Equinox to replace my old P32 CCW. (Bad timing, since 9mm is scarce.) I also have a couple of .45 pistols. I've been in several other gun related fora, lately, but this one seems to have a lot of very knowledgeable folks on it, so I'm here to learn.

Hello from south miss. I'm james.
I've been reloading just under a
year. Still have a whole lot to learn.
Hope to pick up a lot of knowledge
here. I'm loading 9mm,38 spcl &
in the future 30 cal m1 carbine.
Glad to be here.

Just saying hello

I'm twice retired from law enforcement and work part time for a bail bonding company at the present time. I have a pretty nice assortment of handguns and rifles, not looking to add anything else unless it's a great deal (which isn't going to happen right now). I am focused on home and personal defense, I do a little varmit hunting and have a 25 yard shooting range on my property.

Hello everyone! First of all, for the new (or hoping to be new gun owners), search the semiauto or revolver forums - lots of good info there and very similar questions to what you might have are probably already answered in great detail by the sharp members on this site!

As for me, I've owned guns for years but have recently (bad timing on my part) gotten back into shooting regularly. I'm a former Air Force pilot (hence the user name), still flying for a living and thankfully living in the great state of Texas.

I am a big Sig Sauer fan. The first gun I bought was a Sig P220 in 45ACP. I got it back in 1995 so it's one of those Sig's manufactured in West Germany. That thing has sat in the box for years at times (notably when I was stationed in New Jersey) but has never once had a malfunction. When I started buying guns again I went back to Sig. I now have a P226 .40S&W and a P229 .22LR. Today I also grabbed a Sig Mosquito in 22LR. Gotta love plinkin'.

In a fit of insanity I also bought a Beretta PX4 Storm Compact in .40S&W. Holy recoil Batman!

Looking forward to sharing knowledge and good times with the people on this forum!

Hullo to Everyone:)

Good morning Folks!
I am very happy to visit this forum finding it very interesting and useful. I am not American but I love the good American people and your never ending Country.
As usual for us Italians ;) this has been a fantastic and unexpected discovery I made last summer: holy smoke, after that I am no more as I was before.
One of things I appreciate a lot of USA is the Second Amendment. We in Italy (and for to most this problem involves all Old Europe) are not so lucky, not having at all such a constitutional bastion, so important & meaningful. We are prey of the robbers and violent people: they have the best weapons instead we good guys have generally bare hands. Yes, we are truely in a miserable situation; above all for many women (and their families) this has meant and means a nightmare impossible to forget.
Last summer I could not imagine such an attack against the Bill of Rights (because, sadly, this is the situation now), therefore even as a foreigner I joined -National Rifle Association of America-. I like this membership card: it has the Incipit from –The Declaration of Independence-.
Bros, for the moment it’s all, best regards from Italy.
-Hold the Fort!-
Stefano

Hi there, I'm new here. I was born and raised in the Metro-Detroit region. I moved to Chicago in 2006, which is where I reside today. I have always been fascinated with guns, and as of 2012 I became a gun owner, having fired my first pistol in June of 2012. I am currently involved in the fight to restore 2nd amendment rights to Illinois.

I invite anyone to contact me privately to chat about whatever. I hope to be a part of this community for a long time! :)

Newbie to The Firing Line, long time firearm enthusiast and gun nut. Been reloading shotshells for about 6 years and recently begun reloading metallic cartridges. Hope to learn from those in the reloading forum and contribute as I can. Also enjoy the The Law and Civil Rights Forum, an educated and informed firearm enthusiast is a liberals worst nightmare.

Hello TFL, back into Firearms

Hello, Just wanted to introduce myself. Approx 20 years ago I owned 7 firearms and reloaded. Living in a small apartment with my wife and young kids I decided to sell my reloading equipment and my firearms. I sold them all but 1. I keep my Ruger P90 45ACP.
At the time I sold them, I felt I was doing the right thing. We both worked, our kids were getting old enough to expore and open things. I could not afford to get a safe. I did not have time to really go shot or hunt.
Last year, I decided to get back into firearms. My children are all adults now, we live in a nice house, make better money and have more time. First one I bought was a 12gauge shotgun. Second one I bought was a S&W 686 357mag 6".
I got a RCBS Rock Chucker reloading kit.
Figures once I get back into firearms, everything seems to have gone wrong, and I cannot buy ammo or reloading supplies anymore.
I still plan on buying some more firearms, and to start reloading.
I plan on getting a Colt 45 Single action, Henery Big Boy 44mag and a 45-70.
I hope to use this site to learn and gain knowledge from those who know, and maybe share anything I know to those who ask.

Thank you

Jay S.
Rancho Cucamonga CA.

introduction

My name is Shawn, I'm 42 years old and am from north central Iowa. I'm interested in building an AK-47 from a parts kit and learning what I can and interested in firearms in general...I currently have a couple black powder single action revolvers, a WW2 M1 Garand, a Ugo SKS, and a little Leinad .45lc/.410 derringer I built from a kit purchased through Excalibur of Ducktown Tn. and plan on building the over under version in .22lr/.45lc/.410 and the add on kit to my original derringer to change it over to a .410 shotgun with folding stock also from Excalibur....I'm interested in World War 2 history and hope to assemble a collection of artifacts in the future including a full uniform and accessories/arms for a German infantry and American infantry soldiers.

Hello

Hello, my name is Roy Thompson. I am from the Sandpoint Idaho area. I purchased an RCBS kit 15 years ago but with 3 kids couldn't find enough focus time to get going. My Speer manual warned to have no distractions so I took that to heart and have been using factory ammo. The nest is empty now so here I go. I have been coming to this site as a visitor for some time to find information so thanks for that. I mostly shoot Marlin lever .22, Ruger p345 45, and a Ruger m77 30-06. If I can get the 06 worked up correctly I plan on moving to loads for my pre 64 W 30-30, then to the .45, then my W 32-20's.
Right off the bat I have a question. As I was inspecting some factory Winchester brass, fired once. I noticed some slight? Damage around the case mouths. I am wondering if my rifle, or my sons newer MKII M77 Ruger 06 has a problem.
Where would I post this type of question?
Thanks in advance and I appreciate all the information that can be found here.
Thanks for having me, Roy.

Hello
My name is Eric. I have been hunting, fishing, and shooting since I was 6 years old. I grew up in KY. Have lived, hunted, and worked all over the world. I presently live in Montana and work as a Construction Consultant as well as hunting, rafting, and fly fishing guide on the Smith, Missouri, and Blackfoot Rivers.

My main firearms are Glock 20, Ruger single actions in a few flavors, Savage abd Ruger rifles.

hello my name is harold new here somewhat new to handguns got 2 a S&W model 410 40. cal dont laugh a hi point .45acp several shotguns and rifles and a few older military rifles

Howdy from Gray2Hairs

I'm a city boy who aged into a mountain man. We live off-grid about 2 miles past the end of the road and love it. I was a liberal (OK, I was stupid) and learned about guns after my wife inherited her father's guns.

Now I am a gun nut and flat love to shoot, re-load and generally have fun. Here in Washington State we can open carry and I do often. Concealed is always in process as well.

So far visits here have been valuable and I continue to learn. Thanks for a great information filled forum.

Greetings from a Hoosier

No one appears to know the actual history as to how "Hoosier" came to refer to folks from Indiana. And, I've certainly been able to add an incredible amount of nothingness to that explanation.

I was fortunate enough to have a Father (and his buddies) that started me shooting at 6 years old. Been shooting ever since, and have carried a sidearm either professionally or as a civilian since reaching adulthood.

I'm here to learn what I can, and add where I can, and hopefully find some new friends in like-minded thinkers. We already have enough whackos out there that truly believe an inanimate object capable of launching a projectile must, somehow, be inherently 'evil', and I've chosen not to add myself to that group most commonly known as 'stupid people'. If I wanted to do that, I'd probably need to live in D.C., LOL.

See ya on the forums!

J.B.

Hello Folks, I live in Southwest Louisiana and enjoy making bullet holes in paper as accurately as I can. I started out with rifles and now I am into the pistols big time. I enjoy reading about different topics, be it weapons, ammo, other people's experiences, questions, answers, opinions, etc. Thanks to the people who maintain the forum.

Hello, my names Ed. I'm 63 and now live in sunny Central Florida. Originally from just outside of Pittsburgh where I worked in a machine shop and had a very small gun shop that I ran from my home. Dropped the FFL when we moved to FL back in 87. Haven't done much reloading since we moved here but decided to get back into it since ammo is now so hard to find. Latest purchase was a Springfield Armory XD in .45 and that's the components that I'm currently looking for. I've got enough primers/powder for now but I'm short on brass and bullets. Yes, I'm an NRA member and NO I DON'T SUPPORT ANY OF OBAMAS POLICYS.

Hey, my name is Marty. I was born and raised north of Atlanta although my parents are both from Chicago. My dad taught me how to shoot and then gave me a few of his guns -- Colt Government Pocketlite .380, Ruger Super Redhawk .44 (magnaported), and Marlin Camp 9MM. In the last few years I've acquired a few of my own: Remington 870 Wingmaster shotgun; Colt Sporter II AR-15 A2; S&W 5903TSW 9MM; Tisas Classic 1911-A1 .45ACP; Beretta PX4 Storm Type F .45; KelTec PF9 9MM; and a S&W Model Model 36 Chief's Special .38.

I've been reading the forums on and off for a few years but have never really posted before now. Looking forward to learning from some of the knowledgeable folks around here!

Back