New members - please introduce yourselves here

A reintroduction...

Howdy! I'm back! I first joined this forum in 1990-something way back when. It was hot a few years, and then it kinda went inactive. Glad to find it still here and a great place for great info!

Greetings! Joined awhile back, but just recently started posting. I'm a federal retiree (ex-Army, ex-Postal Service), and my passion is older and antique firearms. Have been involved in reenacting and "living history" for decades.

I live in the People's Republik of New York. Help...! :mad:

After a few years of absence, I am back browsing TFL. I decided to register since there are quite a few discussions related to RKBA that I would like to contribute to.

About me: Northern Virginian. Have a few rifles (AR, AK, a marlin lever action, ruger 10/22, remignton 700) a new Saiga 12 converted shotgun and a few pistols (HK PSK2000, SIG 220, SIG 239 9mm, Khar PM9).

Just interested in keeping up with like minded individual's thoughts on the current state of affairs as they affect gun owners like me.

Cheers.

New guy with a new and old gun.

My name is Josh.

I have always been interested in firearms, and I have always done well at the shooting competitions we had when I was in the Boy Scouts. :cool:

Recently, I have started shooting a Savage 24 in .22lr and .410 that I inherited from my mother's father ( I never knew him and her stepfather has always been my papaw). On my way home from college on Friday, I had my first gun buying experience. I came home with a Remington 700 ADL in .30-06.:rolleyes: The savage is a sweet heart, but I wanted something with a little more power as I am jumping into the hunting/ firearm thing head first. :D

Hello From Louisiana

Hello all, I am from South Central Louisiana. I joined this site to learn about reloading. Hope to get into conversation with some of you soon.

Hey all.
Small business in Southwest Ohio near Cincinnati.
Doing training classes, stippling, 'smithing, and Kydex holsters.

Probably won't be posting much. Mostly a lurker. :cool:

We The People

I like it when I get on new sites and see like minded people.

So to all that read, I have been bow hunting for about 6 years and just recently in CO I took down a 6x6 bull for my first Big Game kill, first shot at an Elk. Took me that many years to study the land and get know the herds over 3 mountain peaks to understand their behavior and movement.

Well of course, I also have rifles but I still have not used them on big game, but sure do like shooting at small game when I have the chance.

I was born and still live in CO, so if anyone wants to go shooting or bow hunting, give me holler. I also reload when time allows. I have a family and I am former Army Ranger from 2/75th RGR RGT. So if anyone else on here is a true RGR hit me up. Well folks I hope to read some good posts and interact with some of you. Thank you for your time in setting this all up.

Howdy from TX!!!

Good morning gents!

Greetings from the great state of Texas! I am a long lurker but finally decided to post as I have some questions. I currently serve in the USAF and do nuclear R&D and acquisition. My arsenal is as follows:

S&W 686 .357
Sig 2022 .40
Beretta 92 9mm
Henry Golden Boy .22
Bushmaster AR 16"
Palmetto State Armory AR 20"
Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06
Benelli Nova 12 ga
WASR 10/63 AK
M1 Garand (PRIDE & JOY!!!)

Have a good one and shoot straight!

Last edited:
Hello from Middle Tennessee

Hi all!

I live in Murfreesboro, TN and have enjoyed shooting since I was a very young boy when my father introduced me to firearms. My main interest is .22 LR target shooting. My other interest is in military firearms from the past. I am also re-introducing my son and now my grandson to the joy of shooting and collecting.

Greg_Mid_TN

Ruger 10/22
Ithica .22 Lever
M1 Garand
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Ruger Model 1
Bersa Thunder
S&W Model 19

Hi there,

I'm Landis, and I enjoy quiet walks on the beech, thunderstorms on weekend summer afternoons, and rippling off thirty round magazines from the hip.

Also I obviously enjoy a sense of humor and rational intelligent conversation and look forward to many such with you all.

I like the AK style and AR rifles, 1911 and some of the newer Walther and XD handguns.

Not really a hunter, although my son hunts deer, I love target shooting and plinking.

Last edited:
Introduction

Greeting TFLers, I recently started shooting again after a long hiatus. First forum I've ever joined, glad I did - many posts are helpful and informative! I have a Charter Arms Pitbull 9mm Federal (glorified paperweight) that I'm thinking of selling because i can't find the elusive cartridges - anyone know a good ammo smith? Thanks for allowing me to join this great site...

I have lived in Danville, IL. for about 4 yrs. Moved here with my wife to be close to the grandkids. I'm retired from the Maytag co after 31 years as a tool & die maker. I shoot a 4" model 29 and a 5" model 625. I reload both the 44 Mag and 45 Auto Rim. I'm just getting back into reloading after 10 years just shoot factory loads.

casual owner

i don't shoot but i own a few handguns so i am basically a casual owner I guess. i don't really know much in depth about weapons so this might be a good place to learn. I was in USMC so I am able to shoot properly just have not done much of it.

Howdy from Utah!

Hi All,
I'm just another every day American, out to learn a bit every day & add a little value on the way through. I'm a working chimney sweep, and a dealer for HC3R high capacity magazines for 10/22s. I wanted to buy a couple & couldn't find any, so I got in touch with the owner and got a dealership- now I have a tiger by the tail... :D Top quality and function; message me if you're curious.

Video review here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z431UT7_-YU

Also enjoy stirring the pot a bit...

Last edited:
I too have been a lurker for a good while. I figured it was time to join with everything going on in this country. At least before gun forums are banned :rolleyes:

Back