New members - please introduce yourselves here

Greetings from WA

Hello
I have been lurking for awhile now, figured this would be a good time to introduce myself.

I am Steve. I am near 60, an 11 year liver cancer survivor and a staunch believer/supporter of 2nd Amendment.

Feeling our rights being threatened.

I will post more later, but right now the Seahawks are playing Atlanta.

steve

I've been a member for quite a while, but only recently began to post here, so I figured it was time to say hello.

I'm a tech writer, woodworker, and gun enthusiast with a CCL. Raised around guns all my life, I've always been a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment while recognizing the responsibility that gun ownership entails.

Over the years I've acquired a decent collection of firearms, ranging from my first (a 10-22 that I still shoot) to the latest (an M&P Shield 9mm). I'm partial to the Sig 226 platform for steel pistols, M&P for plastic guns, and S&W for my revolvers. I've got a few rifles in big game calibers, an assortment of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns in hunting and HD configurations, and a few fun plinking rifles including a Windham AR-15. My next big purchase (investment, really) will be getting set up to reload handgun ammo.

Glad to be among like-minded folks here. ;)

Hello. I've been reading this forum for about two years now, and today (while sitting in the doctor's office waiting room) I decided that I was wwaaaaaay overdue for creating an account.

30 years old, retail manager in Houston, TX. I've been hunting and shooting since I was 8 years old, so I'm no stranger to the firearm. My father taught me about guns, and it's something that we shared in common and could always talk about. He passed away in February of last year (lung cancer), and since his passing I've been more interested in guns and sharing this interest with my family and friends.....just as he did with me. :)

Rifles: I own an AR-15, SKS, Savage .308 Tactical, Mauser chambered in 45-70 GOVT, Savage .300 WSM, Ruger 10-22, and a Remington 30-06 Fieldmaster.
Shotguns: Remington 870 and 1100 in 12 ga, Mossberg Maverick 12 ga, and a Mauser bolt-action 12ga from post-WW2 Germany. One more that I have no idea what it is, and hope to find out with your help.
Pistols: Glock 22, Beretta 92A1, Norinco 1911 .45, Rossi .357 revolver, Ruger Raging Bull .454 Casull, Ruger Mark III.

Last edited:
Hello all!
I'm new to this forum, but was really pleased to find this (while searching tapatalk)
I'm looking forward to being part of the community. I'm in Atlanta, GA and am a supporter of georgiacarry.org.
Thanks for such a helpful forum.
Jonathan

Long time shooter from Fluvanna county VA

Been shooting and hunting all my life and shoot everything from my .76 smooth bore flinter to the AR 15.. There isnt a gun i dont like :)

First time caller after lurking the past few days.

Unfortunately for me I'm currently living in the fascist state of New Jersey. I moved here temporarily in '83 for work and haven't found my way back to the wild west...PA...yet.

A lot of my guns are somewhat collectible that I inherited from my father and grandfather, but I have a few shotguns and hunting rifles that I've had since I was young. I've shot nearly all of them I enjoy going to the range on occasion.

I've shot competition on the rifle team at a private school I attended many moons ago, and in the military as a grenadier in my squad, and gunner on a mortar squad my issue was a 45 semi-auto which I qualified as expert.

From what I've read so far, there are quite a few knowledgeable guys here that I hope to pick their brains a bit.

See you 'round campus.

Mike

Sorry I posted before I intruduced myself...
Joined last last week becouse of all the gun debate. Been collecting and shooting for over 25 years. Not reloaded in 10 yrs. Try to get back in it.
Joined to educate myself more.

hi all

New here. Here to learn and discuss firearms and things relating to them. Worried about new proposed legislation at all levels of government. All seems a excessive and unnecessary to me.

Hello

I have been reading Firing Line for a long time and today decided to join up in light of current events coming down from Washington. Stand firm on the 2nd and support those that do. We're in for a long ride. :mad:

Note to those attempting to create a public database, I don't own ANY guns. I sold them all at the last guns show.

New member first post . Shooting for hobby many years. Have a small collection mostly semi auto. Some handguns some long guns. From central Virginia.

Thought I'd introduce my self with a bold statement. Being a hunter for years and raising future hunters and teaching kids about the sport of hunting I'm not going down without a fight.......=)

nrabanner_zpsf9e1db9c.jpg

Me

I have been a "responsible" gun owner since well before that phrase was even being considered. Learned to fire as an early teen and went on to join the military. Loved it. I can't wait to teach my sons the pleasures of hunting, fishing, and plinking. I look forward to reading these posts and pray that someone with sense comes up with an idea of how to end this new and useless foray into limiting our rights as American citizens.

Hey guys. I'm new to TFL. I am a former US Navy Submariner. I also spent a lot of time teaching a CQB and special weapons class after 9/11. Figured I'd join a group that share my passions. Especially since there seems to be a lot of anger surrounding firearms owners nowadays...coming mostly from the under-educated and misinformed public and fed by the left biased media.

Look forward to lots of good conversation and input.

Hello,

A couple of years ago I retired from the Marine Corps after serving 24+ years. Guns and shooting has been a passion of mine for a long time, but I have never really had a chance to develop this interest because in my career, I was always moving, deploying, etc.

Now that I am not doing the military thing any more, I have bought my house, never to move again (I plan to stay here until they take me out feet first). I will also finally partake in the interests that I have put off for so long like collecting guns, shooting them, reloading, and such.

I found this forum by accident, and it is good to be around like minded individuals. I enjoy every aspect of guns and shooting from muzzle loading to ARs. I have a special interest in old military type rifles (Mosins, Garands, Mausers, Enfields, etc.).

Semper fi,

Brian

hello from Bristol,tn.

Hello everyone,
I'm railrider steve:cool:
Were do u discuss blk.pwdr. cannons at on the forum?....
I just rebuilt one and have ?'s to..please,thank u....
Have some neat idea's.......GO ARMY!.......:)

Back