New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hola

Hey Everyone, my name is Tim and I've been lurking for awhile, just starting to post.

I've had a Savage Model 111 .270 since I was 11, it's been my deer rifle ever since. More recently I've started added to my collection at a weird rate.

I got a sigma SW9VE with a 2 16 round magazines, a ten round magazine, and a hogue slip-on for a little over $230. After taking out the trigger pig spring I couldn't be happier with it(For the price.)

Now, I was saving for a 1911, got distracted by the sigma, then a coworker sold me a chrome Taurus model 66 4' .357, with two speed loaders, holster, holster for the speed loaders,box of ammo, and a pachmayr grip for $200.

Then I bought a Springfield 67D 12 Gauge for $90 at a gun show. I also have a break action 16 Gauge I pretty much only use for grouse.

So far I've spent $537 total on the Model 66, SW9VE, and Springfield 67D instead of buying a 1911. But I also my own collection now, I've slowly started giving my old man some of his guns back... :eek:

How did I do? I think it was worth it!

Attachments

• Additions.jpg
    Additions.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
New Member from Arizona!

New member from Arizona..
Hello Colt lovers!

I am new to the firearm community, and mostly lurking to learn more about an old gun I inherited, but never picked up from my father' collection. I then had to rescue it from a pawn shop where my naughty brother had taken a loan on, so here I am. I posted a description for it in the Lounge. Please lend any thoughts and feedback on it if you can. It is posted as a 1st Gen, SAA modified to .38 special/.357

I appreciate anything I can learn about it.

Thanks so much!

sschrader in AZ

New from Western NY

New guy and was looking for info on a recent purchase,savage 99 in 300 cal) and got directed here so I figured I'd join. Found some interesting facts about the gun...was going to sell it but after finding out it's rare and made in 1940...great shape...I figured I'd try it out and maybe retire the 30.06 remington. I paid a whopping 150 for the model 99 and only regret the ammo is supposed to be hard to find.

Happy Holidays to all.

New from Illinois

Hello. My name is Greg and I'm from Illinois. I took an interest in guns for home defense in 2005 and was an active range shooter for the next two years. I dropped the hobby of target shooting until this year when I resumed my interest. I joined this forum the other day in order to learn from all the knowledgeable people who post here.

Hello from Indiana

Hello all....retired Deputy Sheriff from Indiana. Belong to other forums, but found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed reading it.

Intro

Hello, after coming here often for reference and a good read, I figured I should join. I have been shooting for about 16 years. I have used dozens of weapon types, but I now restrict myself to one pistol, one rifle, one shotgun. I tend to believe that owning more than I can reasonably carry is a bad idea. Many would disagree.
I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to specifics about the latest new toy because I tend to pick one firearm and focus on it exclusively. However, if there is anything I can contribute, I am happy to do so.

Hello all. I'm a retired Florida law enforcement officer with 26 years in the field. I'm also retired from the military, 23 years active and reserves as an Armor Crewman and Military Police. I have enjoyed shooting since I was a kid and I still collect and shoot today, although not as much. My user name is a radio call sign for my squad when I was in Bosnia in 1997. I've browsed this forums in the past and I like the knowledge base it provides. Thanks for having me and thanks to all those who've served.

Hello, I'm quite obviously new to the forum. I found this site while searching for ammo for a couple of my firearms. A .22 rifle and a .32 handgun and if it's cheap enough some .25 for a little pop-gun I've had for year and years. All my other guns are well stocked with ammo but it never hurts to learn more and find new leads for inexpensive ammo.

Other than that, I'm not sure what I can tell you about myself. Really quite mundane day to day person with probably way too many interests to name and constantly adding more interests.

Oops. I actually registered at TFL in October, but just found this thread.

I enjoy target shooting and hunting. Especially pistol and rifle. I earned a Mechanical Engineer degree from UW-Platteville and enjoy hunting in Wisconsin, but currently live in NC.

Hi. New here. Have never been on an internet forum before but over the years a lot of questions typed in the computer have been answered here. Don't know much about forums so bear with me. Hope to learn some things from some folks. About me...not much, was in the infantry, went overseas, now I just hunt and fish. Not very interesting guy. Thanks.

My name is JC and I like shooting rifles and handguns. I am worried about the impact of the soon to be proposed gun laws by the president's special committee.

Hello,
New to the board. Name is Dan and I live in Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada. My father introduced me to shooting a long time ago. I am interested in most shooting disciplines but my favourite is big and small game hunting.Any way I am looking forward to participating here and am very interested at this time in preserving our gun rights.

Just found this community through a random Google search and figured I would join in :D

From WV (eastern panhandle part), not the same place as buckwild is being filmed and would love to have them excommunicated or exiled from the state.

Currently only own 3 firearms, a Beretta 92FS, Ruger LC9, and due to recent legal activities... an Armalite ar-15

looking to gain some knowledge <(^^,)>

Newbie from Iowa

Greetings all! I'm a relatively recent gun owner and I joined this forum to get unbiased gun reviews and also to seek out other 2nd Amendment supporters.

I currently own a Remington 870 12 gauge, a .22LR Rifle, and a Saiga .223. Still looking to get the rest of the basics: a pistol (or two) and a high-powered bolt-action rifle.

Greetings from Illinois!

Heya. Joined the forum recently. Appalled at the way things are going regarding our inherent freedoms. Want to teach my kids to learn to love to hunt and shoot. World getting a bit more redunkulous, so bought SA XMD compact 9mm recently, love it. Wife and I took NRA Basic Pistol recently, other classes slated. So: hunting, defense, general preparedness, and - I have always loved to shoot. Lots to learn. Have been reading this site a great deal as we've shopped for handguns, learned much.

Back