New members - please introduce yourselves here

First post -- I like the forum rules. Good to find a place that does not tolerate personal attacks. I also like the tech info here.
- I'm returning to plinking after a few years off
- I'm a desk bound fed now - no more high risk warrants or street cases
- Former intel geek for the SEAL Teams
- Good friends still there help me with my stupid questions
- Shooting an HK MR556 - unfired right now but getting it set up
- Looking fwd to learning & sharing.
JIMBO IN VA

Greetings

I am a 62 year old hunter who has loved guns & shooting for as long as I can remember. I have been an NRA member since 1965 and I still learn something new about guns, shooting, or hunting nearly every day.
I never thought I would say it but I'm just not that fired up about horns anymore although I still love to spend as much time as I can in the woods.
I love to hunt in other states and hear other hunters stories.
I grew up admiring Jack O'connor, Bill Jordan, and Elmer Keith and they all taught me a lot. I love to read books by those gentlemen as well as Hemingway, Ruark, Capstick, and others.
I am looking forward to learning a lot around here and hearing some more good hunting stories.

Hello

Hello Firing Line. Unfortunately I felt it neccessary to create a new account due to identity issues. I'm an LEO with a love of hunting.

AR Newb

Hi, this is my first post. I am hoping these forums will help me get better acquainted with my new colt AR. They have been helpful so far just reading other posts so I think I will be happy here. :)

New member from Illinois

Hello all,

Greetings from the only state without some form of CC, and two ex-governors in federal prison. I hope to learn and maybe pass on some information.

Last edited:
Hello!

Hello there,
I am a 31 year old lover of firearms. I live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. We're still hearing some elk bugles in some areas. The fall colors are fading and the big snow should be here soon!

I have a variety of firearms. I am really getting interested in the guns of the old west. I'm looking to get a colt clone soon. I really like the uberti 1873 el patron. If I can get it in 357 it'd be great!

Well, I'm glad to meet you folks and look forward to gaining (& contributing) some knowledge here.

howdy!
i'm 43 years old, been shootin' since i was 5.
had a double lung transplant may 9th 2011.
i will be a chl instructor after feb of 2013. (currently in training)
lookin' to pass on and learn as much firearm info as possible.
lookin' to meet a lot of cool like minded people too!
very excited to have found this forum!

new guy

Hey all new guy in savannah ga. Pretty average hobby shooter, not into competition just like to have fun. And thanks in advance for the plethora of info.

new guy on this site. joined today. just wanted to say hi yall to everybody. never done this before so please bare with me till i get the hang of it.

New from WV

Hello, my name is Adam (Alrekr is actually my middle name) and I retired from the Marine Corp in 2000. My fascination with firearms started at a very young age as I grew up in a military family. I own some military rifles and pistols but mainly buy guns that interest me for whatever reason. My main woods rifle is an old Swedish mauser. Good information is always harder to find then a good gun, and that's why I'm here. Thanks for having me.

I became a member a few months ago. Retired parole officer. Been a shooting enthusiast for 30 years. Hunt groundhogs and coyotes, but not in the last two years. NRA member, belong to an indoor/outdoor range, CCW permit holder. Mostly carry a beautiful S&W Mod 60 j-frame, with an Uncle Mikes rubber grip during the spring, summer & fall. Will occasionally carry a Springfield Armory XD-45 when I go out at night (which is seldom) and during the Winter months. My best friends are all shooters.

Dr BigBird PhD - Real name is Harrison. 22 years old, born and raised in God's country, currently living the commie's country. Work at a small TV studio for the time being. Have only fired bolt actions until recently (hunting with the father/uncle), and just bought my first stripped lower. Noveske N4 Gen II. It'll be in my palms in a month or so, then I'm moving forward with my first build.

Greetings from WA

Hello all...

I am a 59 year old 11 year survivor of liver cancer. My grandfather taught me and my two brothers to shoot with a single shot Benjamin pump BB gun. I am an avid hunter of birds and big game. I am an Army veteran and a FIRM believer in my 2nd Amendment rights.

steve

Hello...
I am Cory and I am 37 years old. I am married going on ten years and we have a six year old and a nine year old. I work in the plastics industry and start welding classes this spring. I used to have quite a few firearms but hard times forces me to sell most of them and I am trying my hardest to get started again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

New to the forums

I recently discoved this forum and found it had some good information that helped me in making a decision on purchasing a new handgun. Bought a Ruger GP100 recently and love it. The wife also bought her first, a Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm. There are alot of people here more experienced than I with guns so I look forward to learning a few things from your experiences.

Hello. As you can see I am from Kentucky. I have a moderate firearm collection consisting of defensive / military type firearms. Looking forward to having discussions with some of you fine folks.

Back