New members - please introduce yourselves here

New from N Central FL

Good afternoon guys and gals from rainy North Florida! I have been hunting since about 14 years old, I am currently 31, and have somewhat recently began collecting guns, maybe the last 2 years or so. My interest is varied, but as I seem to have an affinity toward the 30's to 50's era in Automobiles, I have taken a similar liking in guns. My current favorite is either my Winchester 1942 .30 Carbine or Hex receiver Mosin Nagant 91-30. I have a few more practical rifles and pistols, but I truly enjoy these 2. Stay safe.
Dan Beyer

Hi from Westminster, Maryland (better know by it's subjects as the Peoples Republic of Maryland). I have to admit I have belonged to this forum for about 4 years and never really been active instead leaning more to the gun specific forums. This is truly a forum that encompasses a lot of different gun interests.
I am going to try harder to carry my weight here.
Tim

Been lurking TFL for a few weeks now researching some reloading questions, and decided to sign up.

I'm from Ohio, enjoy the outdoors, and love shooting guns!!

Hello Everyone
My name is John. I am Newbie here. I live in USA. I am 22 & Network Engineer by profession. My many Friends Suggest me Join this Forum. So i just Signed up here & like to Make my first post by introducing myself. Hope Here I'll Enjoy a lot & have great time with all of you..
I am glad to being a part of this community. :)

New from Louisiana

Greetings all! I'm a member of several other forums but just found this and really enjoying the topics and posts! Looking forward to jumping in if there are no objections!

RGEJRIII3

Hello,
My Name Is Rich and I'm not exactly sure how to post?
Have two questions,
I have a cat 9 mm and I would like to post on that forum, how do you directly go to the intratec cat 9 for posting?
I have a lot of good things to say about the firearm, I own many different pistols and rifles that I have looked at this website many times over the years but I like to say a few things, how do you say them?, Thank you a be talking to you I hope, I noticed the last post was in 2009 I wonder for everybody still out there

Newbie here

Hello all, I'm not new to shooting but there is always something new to learn. I have recently, literally dove into reloading,.243 Win.,.40 S/W, and 9mm. and really enjoy it. Hope to learn a lot here. Thanks for having me.
G

Been lurking for years - time to post

Hey everyone I've been lurking here for years and just never found time to post. It's about time I get back into my swing of things though as I'm returning from Afghanland in the next two weeks. Time to start gettin' me some more guns!

Thanks for all the great info I've already taken up from you guys in the years past. Hopefully I can contribute something from now on.

New Here

Hello Everyone,

New to the board and wanted to stop in and say Hello.

Name is Bill, hail from western NY, Live to fish for walleye on lake Erie out of Buffalo, as a charter O/O.

Love to hunt deer.

Hey people

Im a gun enthusiast. I like the way firearms operate the way the firing pin hits the primer the spent shell is ejected and a new cartridge is put in the tube. Guns are so unique to me not only in one way but also they are so complex and there is a lot of unknown stuff going on phenomenas like when a bullet is whizzing through the air. I like to analyze whats going on and dissect key questions for myself. By joining here to listen to everyones opinion on all ideas on guns which does matter to me a whole lot. Im sure ill have fun too ;)

I am a new member today

Hi everyone. I follow Rob Pincus on FB and found you through a link he gave there today. I am a 60+ year old woman and I have loved guns and shooting from the time I met my husband 48 yeas ago-his family were avid hunters and he became a great trap shooter in his early years. I am a 20 gauge shotgun gal-and have a Remington 870 pump and a Winchester 20 gauge pump which I have had for over 30 years-both youth models that fit me like they were custom made for me. I have shot many handguns but around the farm and for home defense I have my 20's always ready. With the times what they are and because my husband is disabled and on strong pain meds I have decided it is time for me to CC a pistol for self defense. As of January of 2012 I am forced to go into the pharmacy and show my ID to pick up his medication. Now it doesn't take a fool to know that showing your ID means you are purchasing a controlled substance. So now any criminal types hanging around know that I am picking up controlled substance meds and going to the parking lot and getting into my vehicle alone. I am now in the midst of instruction for CC and I am learning EVERYTHING that I can about revolvers and pistols. I have an SP101 with a 2.25 inch barrel that I am very comfortable shooting and have a Ruger SR9c on the way. I have determined that I will NEVER be forced into a vehicle-including my own. I just will not-I would rather die fighting it out with a criminal and die trying-than to end up like Channon Christian. Having a weapon will at least give me an even chance ;-) I am looking forward to learning good things here!

nEWBEee onboard

Hay-Hello&Hi,
New here and good to be here,for safety&tips.
Just looking to Cap&Ball, so no serious shooting. We Hog hunt with Bow and thought(Son&I) that Old West Cap&Ball would be a cool thing.
@ 25-40 yrds, not a big deal to hit the Hogs.
200lbs in the freezer, so target practice will be it for a while,with exception to the 50lb'er Pig Roast of course-LOL.

Great site and I have already read into some neat tips on Lube and loading the Lead. You-Tube is also a great thing. When I was young,it was a stick and a piece of string to learn from, so these sites and You-Tube are very good to read and see what things are all about,before doing something completely stupid.

Thanks for great site and best regards to you all.
;)

Hello everyone! Name's Kevin. I'm young and fairly new to the firearms world. I recently purchased a DPMS Carbine style AR15, believe it or not, for $600 from my local Walmart. Not a bad deal at all for a beginner. I'll be looking forward to coming to you guys for any gun related discussions and possible improvements to my platform.

Back