New members - please introduce yourselves here

Just now saw this..

I've been stopping by this site from time to time on my usual google searches and figured I might as well be a member if I'm around.
I'm from Texas, 19, been shooting for almost 14 or 15 years now.
I enjoy my Winchester 9422 .22LR more than any other gun I've shot in my short experiences. Hunting and fishing are my sanctuary even when I get nothing but a bunch of fresh air. See y'all around.

Howdy from Ohio

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm Ryan. I've been a gun owner/advocate for years. I grew up in a house that always had guns. My dad was a dealer long before I was born, so over time I got to play around with some neat stuff. Now that it seems our Constitution is under fire from the current presidential administration, congress, the Supreme Court, and the UN, I'm getting a lot more involved in interacting with fellow firearms-owners and enthusiasts.

I have not served in the military, yet, but I have a great deal of friends serving at the moment, and I'm actively involved in supporting the military at school through student organizations. I'd like to give a special shout out and personal thank you to everyone who has served or is currently serving in the military or any level of law enforcemrnt/EMS.

I look forward to getting to know some of you, as well as educating myself more about firearms, the industry, and gun-owners across the boardm

Retiredreb

New member here.Retired fire fighter with 28 years of service.Live in North Carolina.Love my grandkids who are learning to shoot.My youngest grandson got his first turkey at age 9.I enjoy revolvers,varminting with a Martini in 22 Hornet.Hope to learn a lot here before I,m too durned old to learn.

Re-introduction.........

After the faux pas of introducing myself on the wrong forum, I'll try again:

My name is Bob Wright, and I favor the Single Action. I'm retired now, don't quite shoot as much, age and finances restricting.

Here is the first pistol I ever shot and the one that sort of got me started, though I can't remember not being interested in guns.

000_10831.jpg

Its a Mauser M1910 in .25 ACP and my first shooting was around 1945 or 1946. It is marked "6,35mm" and nobody in our houshold had any idea what that meant. My brother brought it home from WW II. At his death he left it to my nephew. Shortly before my nephew's death, he gave the gun to me.

This was my first real revolver of my own, a Colt New Service, bought in 1954:

000_47871-1.jpg

It was a .45 Colt, reworked from .455 Eley, when I bought it. As it appears here it is a .44 Special with S&W rear sight and Micro front. Home made walnut grips.

Bob Wright

Hey all. Im a newbie to the site from Charleston SC . I am a police officer for North Charleston and looking for shooting tips and advice as I am looking to join the SWAT team. Thanks for all the help.

New member from Wisconsin

New member here.

Been shooting since I got a 410 for my 8th birthday. A 22 at age 12, an old Marlin bolt action with which I qualified for NRA Distinguished Rifleman at age 16.

I got a Remington 41XB in 6MM back in 1969 or so, and it's one of my favorite guns. I shoot rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

I like to shoot and hunt but don't get enough time to do it.

I reload my own ammo, have for a very long time, maybe 1969 or so. I have a small caliber range in my basement.

I hope to learn from others on the board, and maybe even contribute something if I can.

interstate handgun transporter

Bought model 27 for job in CO.Went to AZ.Went to WA.Went back to OR.I still have AZ dl. Dont have DROS ,got nuthin. Am I a ghost ?

Just saw this thread for the first time even though I've been posting a while. Spent a fair amount of time with handguns as a kid, getting back into shooting now. I spent twenty years in nursing some in ER's and some on the other end of trauma nursing, spinal cord and brain injury rehab. Got a job as a bank rep for a sub prime lending company as my second career and have had to start to concealed carry because of the dealerships I service and where they are. Think grouchy old night nurse who got too grouchy and got out:D

Howdy everyone!

Lets see, I'm 15, 5'8", 210 lbs, almost straight A's, I'm a God fearing Baptist, and very country. I like to hunt, fish, mud bog, go off road on anything with a few wheels and an engine, cook, and of course, shoot! I lift weights, play rec baseball. I have been shooting since i was 5 when my dad gave me a 10/22, and now shoot anything i can get my hands on to. I have gotten into reloading with my uncle over the past 4 months, and i have decided to become a gunsmith (which i posted a thread earlier, so if y'all can help me out, I would appreciate it greatly). That's just a little about me, and I hope to learn alot and maybe help some folks out on this forum while i'm here!

Greetings TFL community. I've been lurking for a while but may become more active on the board here going forward. I'm a novice in respect to firearms knowledge and training but am working to improve both. I've shot a few hand guns and long guns and am always looking for an opportunity to put a few rounds down-range. I'm a soon-to-be first-time gun owner with a strong belief in our Constitutional rights, certainly including the 2nd Amendment. I might be interested in getting into 3-gun or tactical-type competitive shooting in the future.

I'd like to also say that the maturity, helpfulness, and general camaraderie of this community is excellent. I feel like I've learned a lot from lurking and reading and hope that I'll be able to make contributions of my own soon.

Cheers!

Hi everyone

I have read the forums here for a long time, just finally decided to start posting. I had to start a blog for a class I am in. I chose the topic of Firearm safety for children, and figured this would be a great place to get input and maybe help people who want information themselves. I would love to give something back to The Firing Line, for all of the information I have gathered here!

Hi, I'm Don. I'm 70, I live in Sacramento CA.
Getting back into guns after a lapse of some years.
Just purchased a Remington 870 for home defense. There have been a lot of home invasion types lately.

Own a few pistols and am restoring my father-in-laws old Remington 22 rifle.
Am going to join the NRA again.

This seems like a nice forum..................

wutitiz here. NRA patron life member. republitarian, atheist, blue collar worker, and avid runner--everything from 5K to the marathon (26.2 miles). Live in the Seattle, WA area.

I have been using this handle since at least 2007 on a site called 'blatherwatch.com' I conceived it and did not copy it from anybody, although it subsequently was used by others, whether copied or conceived independently, I don't know.

The inspiration for me came from a Chicago shock jock in the 1980s named Steve Dahl. He had a crazy show where he did a bunch of different voices to supply commentary from various 'characters.' One of his characters was a guy (can't recall the name) who greeted everyone with the words "what it is."

Oh, hi guys!

Not exactly a new member, as i believe I joined of last year ( i think...)

But i never logged on too much, and am definitely a newcomer to the firearms community.

great to be here!

P.S. so many different terms and gun nomenclature... I hope I can get this all down one day, and be able to keep up in conversation with the rest of you guys! Hopefully! *crosses fingers*

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums, but been a firearm owner and collector for many many years. I am a member of a couple other firearm forums, just figured it is time to be a part of this one. My firearms and experience range 50bmgs to .17hmrs, pistols to rifles. I am a huge big bore rifle fan and own a few.

New Member Long time hunter

Hello all the members of the shooting forums, lets see wear to start. I'm 14 and have just purchased a savage model 11 111 in .243 a few weeks back and i'm wanting to get into longer range shooting and reloading. Right now i'm shoot at 120 125 yards and getting dime sized groups after only 15 shots, however i want to shoot out farther to say 6 700 yards. I am also getting into reloading and every time i look at anything having to do with guns this forum always comes up and the answers to the questions are always very helpful so i thought i would get a account so i could post questions and help answer the ones i know about. I know i will get some good information and thank everyone in advance for any help anyone gives me.

[NOTE: The problem is you won't get any replies here in this thread. Find the appropriate forum for bolt action rifles and start your own discussion. This thread is for introductions only. Welcome to The Firing Line. - Bud]

Last edited by a moderator:

hello shooters,willisp here have 40+ years shooting,reloading,and fooling around with firearms. i live in ct. at one time firearms capitol of the world don't know about now. have made part's for winchester,savage,mossberg,marlin. have many firearms,reloading equipment,ammo for many calibers. will post some time not sure when. god bless and keep shooting

Back