New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hey folks, I joined very recently. Have been into guns of all kinds ever since I was a kid. I have only ever shot Handguns, and one lever action rifle. But I've been practicing with my Handguns every year for the last 15 years and I'm glad to say I'm getting better and better. So far my proudest achievement is hitting a headshot at 60 meters with both my Cimmerian Single Action Clone chambered in 45LC and my S&W Bodyguard chambered in .38 Special.

I've since given up both of those guns and turned in a few swords to my local pawn shop so I could grab a Canik TP9 SF Elite chambered in 9mm and a SCCY CPX-3 chambered in .380 ACP. So far I'm happy with these new purchases and I hope to take them out on the range and get some help and advice from all of the people here who love guns. I hope you all have a great and safe day.

New & glad to be here.

I was wondering where I should make my 1st post and "wah-lah" I see "new members intro"! The Firing Line came up during a random brave browser search and I thought it seemed like a good No Nonsense 2A community to join.
I'm in my 30's from SW Oklahoma currently residing in OKC metro area. I'm a veteran of OEF Afghanistan "war" and a country boy at heart. Now a regular ol' civilian. My late Father and both late Grandfathers were avid gun owners and suffered from a few (non-lethal) tragic boating accidents. I shall have many questions for you all. Looking forward to the chats.
Thanks for having me. Cheers.

Edit: TMI

Last edited:
Hello

Hi all. I've read various threads on this site for a few years now. Finally decided to join. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all...well some of you.:D
I've got a thick skin and I'm smart enough to know that I don't know very much.
I enjoy firearms, hunting and talking about them.
Thanks for your time. God bless.

Formally saying hello as a group member! I've been following this group off and on for years. I hunted deer and woodchuck with my parents in my younger years, got out of it when my parents didn't go anymore in the '90s, hunted woodchuck off and on until a work accident took me out of commission for a few years. I've only hunted deer a few times since then due to the kindness of a friend from Church we went on his dad's property. This year I'm not going, but I have an excuse to hunt next year as I just layed-away a commercial mauser sporter of dubious orgin that had been rebarreled to 25-06 probably in the early '70s, and I'm anxious to try different loads in it. The rifle I have been using since a kid? My 1985 Winchester Model 70 carbine in .308...

Hello from new member

Hello TFL,

New to the forum...part time collector and full time firearm rights advocate. Hope to be able to contribute to this community going forward.

Hello folks. Joined yesterday. Old guy, 66, in Alaska. Interests are most everything involving guns, traps, and knives.

Hi All

I joined a little while ago. I'm 69 years old. Got back into shooting a couple years ago.

I grew up with guns, but moved to NYC for work when I was in my mid 20's.

Now I'm retired and living in Arizona where gun ownership is not such a pain in the butt.

I now have a CCW and average visiting the range almost once a week.
I really am enjoying the experience.

Hello, it's been 21 years since my last post.;) With the likelihood of Facebook eventually eliminating any mention of guns, I've searched out the forums I used to frequent. After only a few days, I've forgotten how much I enjoyed participating. I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Hey From MD . New to handguns

Been quite a journey living in MD to buy my first handgun. I started in March and just yesterday took possession of my CANIK TP9 Elite SC Blackout Edition.

56 year old longtime bowhunter , and some shotgun , muzzleloaders deer hunter . But my first handgun.
Much to learn
Eager to learn

Thank you
24hrsparkey

Hello community, I came here for some reloading advice but i see that this forum is quite extensive. Look forward to learning from you all. Thanks for having me.

Hello

Hi All
I am an American living in Australia and I have inherited a reloading set up for 22-250. I have done lots of reloading with this caliber, but it was all figured out for me so now that I am expanding to loading .308 Win. I am finding I have a lot to learn..... Thanks for letting me join and for the knowledgable advise.

I'm ymerej and obviously I'm new to the community but I look forward to many good conversations, debates and gun talk. I was unable to fully list my list of firearms in my signature so I'll list theme here:

SIG Sauer SP2022 9mm
SIG Sauer P226 .40 cal
SIG Sauer P228 .357/.40 (this one is actually stamped W. Germany because it was made prior to the wall coming down in Germany in 1989)
SIG Sauer P228 .357/.40
SIG Sauer M11A1 9mm
SIG Sauer P228 SAS (Sig Anti Snag) .357/.40
SIG Sauer P229 .357/.40[/FONT]

kinda like those call-in shows; "long time listener, first time caller." anyway, hope and look forward to many conversations on these forums.

Back