New members - please introduce yourselves here

I like S&W Forum, good guys. But it's very, very, very, very, very, very easy to run afoul of the mods. Smallest thing, and you're in trouble. I'm 58 years old, man, life's too short for PC games. I mean, I was banned for poking fun at pagans in the forest. (I said "they run around naked" or similar). Just being funny. They banned me for a month. Same planet, but different worlds.

--------------

New member here. Currently have a couple of Glocks and two SKSs, one Norinco and one Tula. Researching gun control laws, their arbitrary ineffectiveness and reasoning behind them.

Hello to all TFL folks. I'm new here so please excuse my gaffs (like double posting). I love my new Uberti 4&3/4" Cattleman in nitre blue. Shoots great. I have several other firearms, but this is the apple of my eye at least for now! I shoot regularly and reload, too. I'm looking forward to reading what you all have to write.

Hi everyone,

Happy to be here. I am very much a newbie to the world of firearms. I’m hoping to absorb and learn and enjoy.

My first firearm is. Rock Island Armory 1911 .45. Practicing shooting it, I quickly realized that I really enjoy the challenges of precision shooting.

So, with that in mind I went to get “something” with good range and high precision. Given the general situation and shortness of inventory, I went to get a rifle and wanted to get something in stock at that store that day. This yielded a pretty nice Browning X bolt. At the time I had no idea what the implications would be of it’s caliber bring something called “ .300 Winchester Magnum”.

I now have a slightly better appreciation of how hard that round kicks, LOL

Anyways, I’m happy to be here. Hoping to learn and become a better shooter

I’m in Orange County, CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, from the more pro-gun parts of CA!

Quincy in Plumas Co., CA. In the lovely woodsy Sierra Nevada east of the Sacramento Valley. Sheriff-Coroner Todd Johns will issue a CCW with the minimum good cause of "self-defense". Most of the rural counties in California lean more pro-gun and conservative. I am planning to move to Idaho and join my brother there and be in a CC state over the next 12 months. I just love it when people issued a CCW in the more conservative counties visit the Lefty counties in coastal CA just to spite the grossly anti-gun people, gun-hating LE top brass and gun-grabbing elected officials there. Sheriff Doyle in Marin County would just hate it for you to pack a handgun in his county with a CCW from a nearly shall-issue county like Plumas or Sacramento Co. It's still perfectly legal in CA to pack anywhere with a CCW issued from any county there though I know some on the coast don't like that one bit.

Last edited:
New member from SC

I’m glad to have been introduced to the forum and joined. The wealth of knowledge contained in these posts is amazing. I’ve been reloading for many years ,mainly limited to the 44 magnum and 44 specials out of necessity. Even years ago it was expensive to feed the S&W 629-1, S&W 29 and my S&W 686 5 shot ,that’s my goto for concealed carry and my trusty Marlin 1894S in 44 magnum rifle for the local SC whitetails.

Hi I was a member for years but was gone for a while and have no access to my old email so I started up again. I'm back into guns, collecting and shooting. I started a business selling gun books, vintage gun magazines and related literature at gun shows to support my gun habit. It's a fun pastime and I get to meet a lot of great like minded folks.

I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the TFL community.

Hello all. I currently hail from New Mexico and have been using or around guns since I was 8 years old. Basically handled most everything from flintlocks to MGs. Just recently I've been getting into modern firearms specifically the AR platform.

Hello everyone, the Mojo is in the house. Read around the forum some and liked the topics so I figured I'd get sign up and join the conversations. :)

Howdy, friends. I'm CherokeeGunslinger, some of you may know me from The High Road. Saw some stuff here and decided to get involved. I like the old-school forum look.

Gun owner and daily OCer from Ohio. I own three guns and a Boston Terrier that lets me know if I need to use one to defend the home.

I retired a little over a year ago, getting back into target practice and have taken up hunting at the age of 63.

Intro:

Recently back to 45 bullseye shooting. Old,(85) shoot about twice a week
load my own mostly. Been retired for about 15 years, still going as strong as
can be expected for my age.
I have some 9's but don't shoot them much. :cool:

Hi everyone !

I’m from France and have an interest in firearms and while I don’t have any or shoot yet, that’s something I’m looking into :)

So I may be mostly reading the forum for now instead of replying :)

Not exactly a new member, been signed up for years and took a hiatus for a while for reasons.

Recently had a massive trade of some firearms I was no longer using and/or had no place to effectively shoot them and acquired some great new additions.

Looking forward to jumping back into the fold of conversation and community here.

My newest additions are:
Beretta 92X with OLIGHT Baldr
Sig Sauer P226 (police trade in)
Sig Sauer P365

Belated greetings. I've been lurking on this forum for years and just realized I had not introduced myself. I'm an old guy here in S.E. Texas, enjoying collecting firearms, handloading, and shooting 'specialty pistols'. Don't hunt any more, just bench shooting.
Stay safe.

Back