New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hi y’all. I’m John from NE Texas. Love to shoot and hunt. My faves are the lever guns. There’s just something about those little rascals. My newest is a brass

Ratgut here:

Hello all and thanks for the add. Gun enthusiast here as well as outdoor shooting. Here for ideas and insight as well as some inspiration from fellow lovers of the 2nd. Currently working on a outdoor range with some interesting and innovative features that are fun and exciting to target, would love to share and get further ideas. Thanks for your time.

Introductions'

Looking for a place to hang out with like minded people, share a few stories, read others and generally have a good time. I'm pretty busy this time of year but come the winter months I sit in front of the computer and bs.
I'm a air rifle and 22lr guy most of the year
Come October it's antelope and deer hunting.

Last edited:
Hello from Brazil, happy to be here

Hello gentleman's, Im from Brazil and an avid IPSC/USPSA shooter for more than 25 year's now, mainly in Production division.
Trying to learm something about long guns too.
Well, now we have to wait for this covid stuff goes to an end and the matches starts again.
Thank a lot for being allowed in The Firing Line.

Warmest Greetings from Victoria, Australia!

Just think of me as a curmudgeon from the other side of the planet.

Used to design and manufacture custom guns, and run a Class 1 firearm dealership in Victoria, Australia, but gave that up years ago.

Did some Security and Risk Management work, but have retired since.

Current preoccupation is looking after an international forum for competition shooters, gun owners, collectors, hunters, law enforcement officers, security professionals, concealed carriers, and members of the military called Tygus.Shooting. Occasionally review firearms and collect modern examples when the budget permits it.

Still try to compete occasionally, and teach the next generation how to shoot and safely handle firearms.

Hi
Thanks for letting me join y’all. Grateful there is a place to discuss the important stuff in life. My father got me into this and I have really taken a liking to the hobby. I have been reloading for about 10 years now. Dad passed in 2018. He was never into the online stuff. I have a couple of file cabinets full of hardcopys of his notes and literature. He taught me quite a bit but sadly that was only a fraction of what he knew. Glad to be here!!

Greeting from Harrietta, MI

Greetings Everyone!
I am new to this forum and happy I joined. I have been a shooter for a number of years, the military introduced me to weapons 45 years ago… Never really had the opportunity financially to engage. Well, that has changed. I enjoy collecting/shooting weapons and hunting the whitetail. Not to mention the occasional grouse hunt. Probably like a lot of others here, I ‘process’ my own! Damn, I love this country!!! Pardon the grammar here… Uncle Joe, Beetle Bailey ain’t getting my weapons!
I own ten acres out in the country, so naturally the first thing I did was to set up a range. I have ‘evolved’ to all steel gongs now and never miss the chance to ‘plink.’ As much as I enjoy shooting on my range I felt there had to be something more… About two years ago I started reloading. Just can’t seem to stop. My God, why did it take so long to get to this point. I started with 223, moved on to 380, 9mm, 40mm, 10mm, 25 06, 7.62 39, 308, and now the Bushmaster 45. I do enjoy this so much. I suppose that some would say I have gone too far reloading 12 gauge. You know, a lot of those same people, due to the shortage of powder, primers, and cartridges are now rethinking my approach.
I think what is most important is the quality time I get to spend reloading. From researching reloading presses, I finally decided on Hornady for rifle and pistol and then a MEC for shot gunning. Please don’t take this the wrong way, not bragging here at all, this is the ‘best hobby’ I have had. Trust me, at 67, I have done/accomplished most of what I set out to do in life. Honestly, this is the best mix of patience, continuing education, and fellowship ever!
I hope I can pass on what I have learned, keep on learning and encourage others to engage in this past time! Happy to have found a ‘home’ on the ‘Net.’
Daniel

Hello, New member from central Pa. I am an avid hunter, shooter and reloader . I have been reloading for 35 years . I had a mentor to help get me started and have helped get my son in law and granddaughter into reloading. I found this site from a search for some 300 savage info . I find reloading to be a relaxing fun hobby . Looking forward to participating when I can . Thanks !

Hello everyone. My name is Tim, 57 yrs old, semi-retired, living in Western PA.
Served 8 years in USArmy as a Russian linquist.
Enjoy fishing and hunting.
Look forward to learning from this forum, and hopefully can share some of my knowledge with members.

Hey from the deep south. I signed up to get opinions on what to get to protect my family more just in case the SHTF. If this is the wrong location please point me to where I should post.

Hi folks...

Newbie here. I want to learn everything I can about long guns in general, and the AR15 specifically.

I was born and raised in Idaho, one of the last truly free states. Proud Christian conservative, staunch 2A supporter, and I love guns, knives, and classic rock.

Looking forward to contributing as well as learning from folks here. Thanks for welcoming me!

Russ

New to this forum and reloading...looking forward to learning from others and not making stupid mistakes. Old enough that I should know better and having worked/lived around the world, to appreciate our 2A freedoms in these great United States. Former US Marine from the great State of Texas. Semper Fi

Welcome back to me........

I'm back. Nobody even knew I was gone, did they? It's been awhile, so long that I couldn't remember my user name and p/w, so I just started over.
I'm still buying/trading and shooting and paying attention to my surroundings. Am active at church on the safety/security team that I helped start 5-6 years ago. Thankfully, nothing of any major consequences has happened there, mostly medical issues and some folks who made some of us a little wary due to things that I can't mention here. So, good to be back......

Back