New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello from Alabama

Hey, y'all -- My name is already up there. I'm a geezer, retired fed, living in rural Alabama, just getting back into shooting and self-defense. At the time I own and carry only one gun, a Springfield Armory XD9.

Dave

Greetings from the corn fields...in Iowa

I failed to initially introduce myself; humble apologies! I am retired USAF, currently pastoring a church in NW Iowa. I have been around firearms most of my life, shooting for 50+ years and reloading for 40+. Learned much through that time, but there is always more to learn. Used to be an avid hunter, slowed a bit nowadays. Did some handgun silhouette shooting years back when I was into big bore guns more. Currently find a lot of joy dabbling in long range shooting, but I am hardly even a novice. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all.

Hello TFL. Nor Cal oldtimer here. Long time hunter, sometime shooter and infrequent reloader. Now bringing a Belgium Browning .264 WIN MAG out of the safe. Will be looking for advice.

Hey everyone! Glad to be here. I'm a newish shooter who wants to get back into firearms after learning to shoot as a kid. Can't wait to learn more and get started on this more on my own. Thanks for having me!

-Milo

Hello ... from West Virginia!

Some things in life you just can't have enough of. Love, money, family & friends, free time and guns and ammo.

Hi, I'm Steve. I have a few semi-autos but my main interest is in revolvers. I like to reload ammo (handgun only) and breaking up clays. I don't do cowboy or competition, just plinking and casual target shooting. My very first gun was an S&W 28-2 I got new back in '73. I had to give my dad the money cuz I wasn't old enuf at the time. I still have it, still shoot it, and one of only three I won't part with. The other two have been in the family for many years. I hope to learn a lot here and maybe contribute something along the way.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

Howdy TFL.

Not sure what else to say other than I've had a firearm since I was 8 years old and while I've been very busy writing to officials and congress critters for the past 15+ years, I've actually had to dial back my time and investment in firearms and shooting for some years now due to grad school, health problems, and ongoing commitments to professional certifications which consume a great deal of time and other resources.

I'm seeing there's a possibility those conditions may change within a year or so, and I hope that 2020 brings opportunities to get some badly needed training. I signed up for this site because searching it I've already found some great resources. I can't act on them yet but it's a start.

I work as a government bureaucrat in a red state but live in a blue city. I don't like to label myself with political labels but I do not agree with many common sentiments. I am hoping to find my tribe.

Hello to everyone!

Hello to everyone here. Should have participated at this place a long time ago having registered nine years ago. Up in age here and looking for certain firearms and want knowledge most of all. Looks like there are a bunch of knowledgeable individuals here and I'm excited to be here.

My specialty is linguistics, specifically the Spanish language which I utilize everyday with my work. Live not far enough away from Austin (lol) and would love to meet any members on here who live in the area. Mostly in to handguns.

Last edited:
Hello Folks, I am a noob here to create confusion, act like a jerk and irritate as many of you as possible.

I live in central NC. I am a Master Sergeant of Marines (Retarded). I am sure I will learn allot here and I hope to not embarrass myself completely.

Hello all. Newly registered here, (though I've lurked off and on for a while) and living out in the country in Central Kentucky. I'm twice retired, (US Navy Silent Service, then Field service technician) and working in my third career (Gospel preacher). I love my country and the freedoms it affords. I've been involved in shooting for over 50 years, and am always up for learning new things.

Greetings all returning member here... might as well be a newbie, this is my 26th post. I think my last post was around 2001 or so. Guns have gone and been replaced. Moved half way across the country from Indiana to New Hampshire. Some how I lost track of this forum. I'm currently a member of several forums but I remember TFL is one of the first "on line" forums I belonged to beside the now long gone AOL gun forum. I'll see what I can do about catching up and making things current. I'm Still into 22Lr's ... 4 pistols 1 rifle ... Centerfire I have a LCP and a Ruger Police Service Six.
More posts to come I'm sure.

New guy introduction

Howdy!

I am retired, a gun enthusiast, mostly plinking and target shooting.

My other interests include woodworking, cooking and baking, music and being outside as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to some good conversation and learning as much as possible while here.

Welcome - I'm not an avid poster but TFL is part of my morning coffee -

Always nice to pick a great TIP or interesting tidbit.

Enjoy -

I'm living in the glow of a new Beretta Bobcat 21A - In hopes my wife will love it too - I'm a dreamer but like she says - You bought that for you.

Back