New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello all. I’m FZYONE. I work at a steelmill and at a gun store for fun.

My gun collection is growing by leaps and bounds. I trade my hours for guns. It’s all on the up and up.

Working there let’s me see various new and old weapons come in. I don’t know everything and am learning as fast as I can.

Thank you for allowing me to join.

Hey, welcome here. I am so busy that time escapes me to spend here as much as I would like. Hope you enjoy the forum, it's really useful.

I am not really new but I have not logged in since 2007. I was out of the country and lost my password and had to recreate the email to get access to this account.

Welcome Everyone!

Hell fro Central New York State

my name is Jack, I’m a recently retired industrial boiler service tech, a job that I did for 46 yrs. I shoot is 3 different 22LR, 50 foot, open/iron sight, bullseye leagues, putting 10 shots into a 1” bullseye. I own numerous 22LR rifles and a couple pistol caliber carbines in 9 mm, I belong to 3 different rod & gun clubs, with about 100% of the shooting is target based. I looking forward to participating in the group.

Thanks for the add to this forum. I have cap and ball revolvers, .44 and .36, a percussion .45 and a flintlock .50 single as well as .38 snubbie, 9mm Taurus GC2, Heritage .22, and as of yesterday a Ruger Wrangler .22, and last a NAA .22/.22magnum Black Widow. I make my own ball for revolvers and trad rifles I have, the other modern ones I don't need to buy ammo for, I've always kept enough in stock. BP is not hard to make either.....

New from AZ

Thanks for letting me in. Little about me from the Midwest originally. First gun I hunted with was 30-30 Marlin. First gun I bought Remington 700 in 7mm mag around 1993, first handgun .357 stainless Taurus I believe.

In college, got poor, started pawning guns and things., Dad got wind I was selling and bought my 700 for more than it was worth. When he died a little over a decade ago, I was given the 7mm mag back, which then helped reignite my love of guns.

Since I now had a little more money, I started chasing my bucket list weapons. Bought my 44 mag desert eagle a few years ago, managed to acquire my contender... Then another and another and another and barrels custom stocks, favorite contender barrel 454 casull, custom by David Van Horn.

Rifles, built my dream AR. Always liked the weathered look, so I built this. I know some Negative Nellie may tell me their opinion of all the components, and they are not Daniel Arms, I know and I'm okay with it. I have plenty other toys when the Zombies come. I just really enjoyed the look.

GOPR0021_result-scaled.webp

IMG_20221008_102637137_HDR-scaled.jpg

https://freedomgear.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/IMG_20221008_102553214_HDR-2-scaled.jpg?ssl=1

Love shooting, but love being a dad showing my kids the way of the gun, more. Bought a case of Binary Black Magnum targets for 22s and took my kids out last year shooting. I loved watching their excitement and frustration when the could not hit the targets and earn the explosion. I loved how it allowed me to instruct the kids, they really really focused on the techniques knowing the reward was an explosion at the end of the shot. My son's favorite gun is the keltec crm30.

Love it when I ask my kid, what's the first thing you do when you get near a gun, and his snap back response... Make sure I have permission, second Make sure it's pointed in a safe direction when I pick it up, third find out if it's safe, as he removes the mags and tacks the action to clear it... He's 8...

I love that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings From Kaliforiastan!

Hi, I like to shoot about anything that has a trigger, rifle, shotgun, pistol. just started getting into C&R revolvers, which prompted me to join here since a lot of searches were leading me here. Wacky regulatory regime in Kaliforniastan makes things less convenient for me, but someone needs to assert our rights and remind our politicians that CA is in fact part of the Union and the Second Amendment applies here, too.

Hi, my name is Michael, I am from the wonderful country of Austria, home of Glock and I love shooting, especially handguns….but what a pity, Glocks aren’t built for me, they are reliable and of good quality, but personally I don’t like them

Hello from MN! Long time lurker, finally decided to sign up. Lately I've started dabbling in classic firearms. I got my first Garand and M1 Carbine recently. For pistols I am particular to Sigs, HKs and Springfield.

Hello from Texas

Hello and thank you for letting me into your world. I hope to be able to add value here by sharing my experiences related to guns and ammo. I want to be able to share the scammers I have run across so someone won't be taken. And last, always good to learn something new. It is easy to ask a dumb question than make a costly mistake.

New Here

Just signed up for The Firing Line Forums and I'm looking forward to discussing one of my favorite subjects... firearms. Thanx for having me.
Right now my main focus is carry pistols, and I shoot mostly semi-autos.

newbe here

My granddaughter has inherited a Win 1897 sn#32059 made in 1898. All matching numbers, 12 ga. 30"barrel. She wants me to bring it back. Action is good. Barrel no blue,pitted and receiver 20%-30% blue. Forearm creacked and 2 pieces (fixed it). Butt stock pretty rough, but fixable. She wants me to convert to home defense (20" barrel) refinish wood and refinish metal, probably DuraCoat.
Any thoughts, comments, proposals would be greatly appreciated

Anything that old I would start with an appraisal as to original condition value. You never know when you get something valuable enough it should be kept as is.

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest if questions are about working on this shotgun for specific topics that "The Smithy" part of the forum might be the place to post.

Lady with a Safe Mystery

Hello everyone; my name is Michele; recently, my husband and I began remodeling our house, and I found a floor safe in the downstairs bedroom closet. It was buried under the carpet. My husband grew up in this house without knowing of its existence. Both his parents are not with us anymore. The name of the safe is Liberty Safe Company, and the Company Logo is a cracked bell. I contacted Liberty safe company, who said the safe was not theirs. It looks like a well-made safe; because we have a sizable wall safe upstairs his father put in shortly after they bought the house (different brand), and the downstairs bedroom was once his father's office, I think his dad put it in sometime around 1978 -1981 Ish ( Had it put in) I do not want to drill this safe out if I can help it. We live in Southern California. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you for welcoming me to your forum, and thank you for any suggestions.

Joined a while ago but thought I should drop buy and say hello officially. Nice to meet you all. Just got into the pew pew hobby about 2 years ago. Started hunting then too. Thanks in advance for all of the warm welcomes.

Back